Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran's Islamic Revolution  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do Iranians view the Islamic Revolution? (Anonymous)

• Favourably
    • Unfavourably
    • Indifferent

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, MuhammadXII said:

Hi everyone, 

I have a question for my Iranian brothers and sisters. What is the view of Iran's Islamic revolution by Iranians? By Iranians I mean those living in Iran. 

Why do you care?

• Advanced Member
Just now, haideriam said:

Mashallah, knowledge is a good thing for the right reasons. 

Just be very careful and selective in getting it from the right sources.

I've noticed that you are one of the oldest members on this site? Have you ever tried becoming an admin, developer, or moderates? You should try to do so. 

• Advanced Member
43 minutes ago, MuhammadXII said:

I like learning about Iran and its people. 

I asked you: "And what difference does it make to you?"

You did not answer my question. Will you answer my question? And if you do not answer it, should i assume you dont have an answer? And why wouldnt you have an answer?

7 minutes ago, MuhammadXII said:

It's not only me who does so. My beloved @Zendegi thinks the same way. Most Iranians do actually. 

What is your scientific source for this claim? If you cannot provide a valid and objective source then you may not make a claim like this, unless you are a lair in which case sources are irrelevant because it is not truth you care about.

If it is your opinion, then I suggest you think more about how you formulate yourself or there will be misunderstandings.

• Advanced Member
39 minutes ago, haideriam said:

I promise you I learn so much from all of you and besides this is my site.  If I could devote myself as well as the team does I would have volunteered but alas I know my limitations.

Thanks all the same.

That's great to know but I'm sure that you're more than capable. 

14 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I asked you: "And what difference does it make to you?"

You did not answer my question. Will you answer my question? And if you do not answer it, should i assume you dont have an answer? And why wouldnt you have an answer?

What is your scientific source for this claim? If you cannot provide a valid and objective source then you may not make a claim like this, unless you are a lair in which case sources are irrelevant because it is not truth you care about.

If it is your opinion, then I suggest you think more about how you formulate yourself or there will be misunderstandings.

Okay sorry. I just assumed based on all the hate I see from Iranians on YouTube and social media against the revolution. 

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, MuhammadXII said:

Okay sorry. I just assumed based on all the hate I see from Iranians on YouTube and social media against the revolution. 

So its your personal assumption then based on internet comments that you have personally as an individual seen during your browsing sessions.

Are you going to answer my previous question now?

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:
1 hour ago, MuhammadXII said:

Because I want to know how Iranians view the revolution... As most expatriate Iranians I know hate it and are against the Islamic Republic of Iran. 

And what difference does it make to you?

• Advanced Member

In iran i dont really know , like all country in the word you could find many different opinions . When i was in iran i saw people totally in favor and also totally against the revolution.

and yes i think its true that most of the iranians in western countries hate the revolution (probably 80% of them) but you know if they live in western countries is principally because they were against this governmeng so who care about them.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

So its your personal assumption then based on internet comments that you have personally as an individual seen during your browsing sessions.

Are you going to answer my previous question now?

To be honest, it doesn't make a difference to me. 

3 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

In iran i dont really know , like all country in the word you could find many different opinions . When i was in iran i saw people totally in favor and also totally against the revolution.

and yes i think its true that most of the iranians in western countries hate the revolution (probably 80% of them) but you know if they live in western countries is principally because they were against this governmeng so who care about them.

Yeah well said. I agree! 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, MuhammadXII said:

To be honest, it doesn't make a difference to me. 

Why did I have to ask you the same question twice before you answered it?

Why do you want to know something which knowledge of it makes no difference to you? Why do you care about something that makes no difference to you?

Answer truthfully and do not make me ask you twice.

Iranians have repeatedly voted for the revolution-based government time and time and time again. its obviously what the Iranians themselves want. how is that not difficult to understand?

Even I, who have always taken a stance which rejects the extreme form of WF governship (i.e. absolute guardianship), cannot deny that this is what the iranians have chosen for themselves. 

• Advanced Member
58 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Even I, who have always taken a stance which rejects the extreme form of WF governship (i.e. absolute guardianship), cannot deny that this is what the iranians have chosen for themselves. 

Could i ask what kind of government you prefer exactly ?

2 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Could i ask what kind of government you prefer exactly ?

I dont care - I just wish people would stop pretending Imam Mahdi (as) is somehow involved with the iranian government, or that sayed khamenei is the master of the affairs of all the worlds muslims whether shia or non shia. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Why did I have to ask you the same question twice before you answered it?

Why do you want to know something which knowledge of it makes no difference to you? Why do you care about something that makes no difference to you?

Answer truthfully and do not make me ask you twice.

I don't know to be honest. I just want to see how many Iranians support their government. 

6 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Iranians have repeatedly voted for the revolution-based government time and time and time again. its obviously what the Iranians themselves want. how is that not difficult to understand?

Yeah, but the Iranians 37 years ago are not the Iranians of today. 

5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I dont care - I just wish people would stop pretending Imam Mahdi (as) is somehow involved with the iranian government, or that sayed khamenei is the master of the affairs of all the worlds muslims whether shia or non shia. 

Lol I agree. 

• Advanced Member
31 minutes ago, MuhammadXII said:

I don't know to be honest. I just want to see how many Iranians support their government. 

Why?

Are you someone who does things without knowing why? Are you someone who asks questions without knowing why? What do you call someone who does and says things without knowing why?

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, MuhammadXII said:

I just don't know, to be honest. 

Are you someone who does things without knowing why? Are you someone who asks questions without knowing why? What do you call someone who does and says things without knowing why?

You are either an idiot or you have an agenda, which one? Maybe both?

Edited by IbnSina
  • Veteran Member

I am Iranian. The Islamic Revolution is my lifeblood. I am not sure how I would even be able to express my religion if not for the Islamic Revolution of Imam Khomeini. 

With all respect to all the mujtahids, I believe Imam Khomeini is one of those select group of individuals who truly exemplifies the title of AyatAllah. If not for him, maybe a lot of doubts I had about religion, the unseen, and so on, would have crystalized. 

Regarding the topic question: of course I love the Islamic Revolution. 

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm...

Edited by MuhammadXII
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, baradar_jackson said:

I am Iranian. The Islamic Revolution is my lifeblood. I am not sure how I would even be able to express my religion if not for the Islamic Revolution of Imam Khomeini. 

With all respect to all the mujtahids, I believe Imam Khomeini is one of those select group of individuals who truly exemplifies the title of AyatAllah. If not for him, maybe a lot of doubts I had about religion, the unseen, and so on, would have crystalized. 

Regarding the topic question: of course I love the Islamic Revolution. 

Great to know brother! I have a lot of love and respect for Imam Khomeini as well. He did a lot for Iran and the Iranian people. Just another question, do you think that most Iranians view him favourably, and are proud of the revolution?