Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ather Abbas

Are Syeds entitled to more respect due to lineage

Rate this topic

I have researched and this question has not been addressed as I am asking here.

Recently I heard an audio lecture of a person in Urdu here where he says Syeds are entitled to more respect because they are from lineage of Prophet Mohammad (sw) with one thing in mind 'A non-syed can attain more spiritual highness through Taqwa'. He gives references of Ahadis from Shia books, I will mention just few

Lawamay Ilahiyah by Shaikh Miqdad

Uyun ul Hikam wal mawaiz

Fawaid ul Ulama and Faraid ul Hukama

Manaqib by Allama Ibn e Shahr e Ashub

Mir Baqir Damad

He says those Syeds who don't have good character, they should be respected just like we respect those verses of Quran who are no more valid now (I don't know which Ayah of Quran are so).

Interestingly whenever he quotes a Hadis from books, he uses the word 'Zuriyat' first and them implies it on Syeds (descendants of Prophet).

I don't have extensive studies of Islam, but my question is that if it is true as this person says, then what about story of Prophet Noah (as) where God told him that his son is not from him and is not worthy of to be protected. Also narration of Prophet (sw) where he said 'Salman is from Ahlulbayt'. Is respect linked to lineage?

Positive discussion is awaited.

a given respect to the progeny of ahlulbayt is a must regardless their personalities. But I think you're mistaken of what 'respect' here, respecting someone doesn't mean a view of superiority over another and does not mean you cannot againts his/her bad deeds since a syed also doesn't excepted from hell either just like us. a superiority among us is based on Taqwa instead of linieage which I think we all know this already.

respect to them beacuse of their lineage relation to the Prophet simply because they're meant to carry reputation of the Prophet as their ancestor. That's why, they will be rewarded doubly for their good deeds, one is for what they done and another one is for their responsibility as descendants of ahlulbayt to carry their ancestors reputation. And vice versa, their sins will be punished doubly because of the same condition again.

get the picture?     

On 6/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Dariswan said:

That's why, they will be rewarded doubly for their good deeds, one is for what they done and another one is for their responsibility as descendants of ahlulbayt to carry their ancestors reputation. And vice versa, their sins will be punished doubly because of the same condition again.

Would you please provide a source for this info.

Thanks.

Edited by Akbar673

Concerning The Alids ('alawiya)

Says the Shaykh Abu Ja'far, the mercy of Allah upon him: Our belief concerning the Alids ('alawiya) is that they are the progeny of the Messenger of Allah, and that devotion to them is obligatory, because it is the requital of his apostleship. Says Allah, Exalted is He:

“Say (O Muhammad, unto mankind): I ask of you no requital therefor, save loving - kindness of (my) kinsfolk” (Qur'an 42:23).1

The acceptance of sadaqa2 is forbidden to them, because it is the dirt contained in the hands of the people. And there is no purification3 for them (the people) save what they give to their (sadat's) slaves and slave-girls, or to one another. But as for the khumus, this is permitted to them in lieu of the zakat, which was forbidden to them.

And our belief concerning those (sadat or 'alawiya) who act sinfully is that they will be punished doubly, and those who do good acts among them will receive a double reward. .............etc

Edited by gajarkahalva