In the Name of God بسم الله

From a Same-Sex Attracted Muslim.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/08/22/from-a-same-sex-attracted-muslim-between-denial-of-reality-and-distortion-of-religion/

Between denial of reality and distortion of religion.

Finally someone sane spoke up truthfully on this matter. It's true many of our brothers and sisters are experiencing such desires, but it doesn't mean that we should give up and submit to them. Because committing the act itself will make you open a door that might never be closed, burdening you and making you indulge in such a lifestyle that will make you lost forever. You will feel purposeless like you have betrayed yourself submitting like that to this evil world, becoming it's slave... Nowadays the devil has the most powerful tools and one of them is the Media... With such powerful tools comes Great Responsibility.

• Veteran Member

mA it's a great article.

To be honest I find the message and words of the author very concise and reasonable. It is, in the end, desire. One shouldn't let his desire to define who he actually is.

I also don't think that homosexuality per se is necessarily bad to experience. It is one struggle more for a muslim experiencing SSA that brings many beautiful lessons from life, and enough isolation from society that comes, necessarily, with wisdom.

And as dangerous as sins are, as you said brother @yasahebalzaman.313, I also believe that obedience and submission to Allah is a point of no return in one's life, and that it changes you more than any sin could ever change you. One shall never lose hope, regardless of his situation, as the path to Allah is short and steady once one has grow conviction. Alhamdulillah.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/08/22/from-a-same-sex-attracted-muslim-between-denial-of-reality-and-distortion-of-religion/

Between denial of reality and distortion of religion.

Finally someone sane spoke up truthfully on this matter. It's true many of our brothers and sisters are experiencing such desires, but it doesn't mean that we should give up and submit to them. Because committing the act itself will make you open a door that might never be closed, burdening you and making you indulge in such a lifestyle that will make you lost forever. You will feel purposeless like you have betrayed yourself submitting like that to this evil world, becoming it's slave... Nowadays the devil has the most powerful tools and one of them is the Media... With such powerful tools comes Great Responsibility.

I am indeed also happy someone has begun to rationalise this issue and search for healthy solutions. I believe the problem is this is still a 'taboo' topic for many speakers, and if we spoke out like this, mosques had private helplines, groups or whatever, institutions which advised as this fellow was talking and all agreed to accept and support each other, our Ummah would flourish exponentially.

• Advanced Member

@Bakir Some are lucky to stay steadfast on their path once they discovered the power behind the obedience of God and some simply deviate because the love of this world isn't easy. I myself am a convert who lived her life(im a sister btw) to the utmost extreme which was really dangerous so i do know the despicable truth behind this world how much it's empty dark and evil... However it still tempts me sometimes till this very day. I sit and reflect thinking to myself how my muslim brothers and sisters whom they never did what i did still stay on their religion and committed fully to their faith... It's a huge things really.