Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ziina

KFC halal for shirazi?

Rate this topic

Hello brothers and sisters. I am wondering if those who follow by Shirazi can eat from restaurants such as KFC, Nandos etc considering the fact that they stun their chickens. I have messaged the HFA (the association that approves of the food being halal, and have told me that they stun their chickens, but make sure they are still alive. Can anyone confirm that the Shirazi allows this?

Sayed Sistani doesnt mention anything about stunning making the animal haram either

2600. The method of slaughtering an animal is that the four main arteries of its neck should be completely cut (jugular artery, foodpipe, jugular vein and windpipe). It is not sufficient to split open these arteries or to cut off the neck. And the cutting of these four main arteries becomes practical when the cutting takes place from below the knot of the throat.

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2367/

I can see no mention in this section or subsequent sections of stunning an animal before severing its neck making it haram (or even makrooh). maybe someone can provide evidence that I am mistaken?