Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Palestian views on shias

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

Saw the video a few days back. Particularly the lady appearing before the start of video in a cloth shops knew nothing about Shiites.

I agree. Is it me or are muslims in the middle-east more clueless about islam than muslims in the west? 

Just now, humanbeing101 said:

You feel the people in this video are more knowledgeable than the average muslim in the west?

I didn't watch the video, I was answering your rhetorical question.

49 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

Is it me or are muslims in the middle-east more clueless about islam than muslims in the west? 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, HumanForLife said:

I didn't watch the video, I was answering your rhetorical question.

I was basing my question on the video. Maybe because as 'backwardsforever' mentioned they have been influenced by salafism, although that in itself would not make them ignorant. 

• Advanced Member

My wife is half-Palestinian who grew up in Jordan. She tells me that in 'Islam' class they don't teach you history or sectarian differences (i.e Shia are not mentioned). Mostly its just how to pray, how to fast, a quick tour on the life of the Prophet (pbuh), and basically learning Suras and reading Quran. 

One has to assume therefore, that thier knowledge of Shia is limited to hearsay, and I think we can agree that Sunni hearsay about Shia always involves a) worshipping Imam Ali, b) some Jewish connection, and c) hating Sahaba. 

So I dont blame these people and it doesn't stop my solidarity with them. 

• Forum Administrators

In general, in the Levant, people don't have much exposure to Shiism. They see Shi`as as a strange and foreign type of Muslim that they don't quite understand. Of course, there are exceptions, but a Palestinian living in Ramallah or a Syrian living in Aleppo has very little exposure to Shiism. Electricity is a luxury, let alone high speed internet access. Not to mention all the negative propaganda they hear on the pulpits.

• Veteran Member

u:salam:

God, this girl in the shop is one clueless girl.

This video shows one thing, all the people (except one who contradicted his own speech) replied shiites were muslims but had a wrong version of islam. Exactly what you would hear if the poll was done in a shia country about sunnis. Only difference would be that shiites could have more diplomacy, and above all, more arguments since we shias are used to learning and discussing our differences in beliefs. Many of the people asked admitted they did not know much about shiites. 

A note to the brothers on SC who always depict palestinians as shia-blood-thirsty salafist takfiris...

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, celestial said:

This video really sums up the failed policy of Iran about Palestine. Iran used Palestinian conflict to make it's image more legitimate among muslim world and gain support. To achieve this, Iran aided Hamas terrorists, and anti-Shia Palestinians with the hard earned money of millions of Shia Iranians. The result? Nothing. Absolute nothing. Nothing resolved between Israelis & Palestinians, nothing improved. In fact, this made things more complex.

Why these people don't voice their hatred to petrodollar rich Arabian gulf countries? No, you can't hear that from them, because they are sunni, plus they are Arabs, they are the same kin. But, they'll spew their hatred on Shias and Iran instead.

Why bother then? I first care about Shias. Shias first.

We bother because we are Shia. It doesn't matter if we are Iranians or Arab or Pakistani, or if every single Palestinian hates us. It doesnt stop the reality that these are some of the most opressed people in the world, living in virtual prisons. As Shias of Hussain we speak their injustices. Simple as that. 

They only hate us becuase they dont know us. 

Besides, Iran is the only counterweight to the petro-Monarchies and has spoken up time and again about what is happening in Saudi and Bahrain.

Finally, Hamas is not a terrorist group. Its the only Palestinian group that hasnt sold itself to Saudi acquiescence. Its not perfect (The switch flip ties with Egypt come to mind) but the reality they face is brutual. Gaza is a literal prison. Resistence is not a crime. 

Also, to state that Iran is 'using' Palestine to bolster its image is a highly cynical way to look at a conflict that is at the Nexus of the Muslim World. 

• Advanced Member

Imagine what kind of country would be established if these palestinians managed to somehow overthrow Israel, and establish their country again.

What kind of problems would they begin to cause the Shia Muslims in neighbouring states, especially in Lebanon. 

If this is how the palestinians respond after all the military, political and finiancial aid they get from Shia Iran then they deserve to stay as they are, and die in their rage. 

Go to Sunni Saudi Arabia for your help since you love them so much; whoops, I forgot they have had contact with Israel, but who cares because the Shia Muslims that helped you and fight against Israel are your enemies and the Sunni Saudis that didn't help you and are cordial with Israel are your friends.

• Advanced Member

I don't think people realize it but the gulf countries have given billions to the Palestinian authority and the PLO and basically have propped up the economy in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. And I think some people think that Palestinians have a deep innate hatred of Shia's (based on a few Palestinians in a video saying they don't like shia) when it is one of the things furthest from their concerns. 

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Sawa said:

I don't think people realize it but the gulf countries have given billions to the Palestinian authority and the PLO and basically have propped up the economy in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. And I think some people think that Palestinians have a deep innate hatred of Shia's (based on a few Palestinians in a video saying they don't like shia) when it is one of the things furthest from their concerns. 

:salam:

So true, even though gulf countries have totally betrayed the cause, they have been closer to palestinians than Iran. Many palestinian passport holders were allowed to settle in the UAE for example.

• Advanced Member
On 8/22/2016 at 6:06 AM, celestial said:

Aiding your enemies is a foolish act.

Thats only if you define them as enemies. Big brush youre using there, friend. The video only proves that they are ignorant, not that theyre coming after us with knives drawn. 

I have my problems with hardline Sunnism and what it does to Shia minorities, but lets not get carried away by wondering what kind of problems an independent Palestine would have for Shias. 

On 24.08.2016 at 0:42 AM, BackwardsForwards said:

Thats only if you define them as enemies. Big brush youre using there, friend. The video only proves that they are ignorant, not that theyre coming after us with knives drawn. 

I have my problems with hardline Sunnism and what it does to Shia minorities, but lets not get carried away by wondering what kind of problems an independent Palestine would have for Shias. 

For God's sake, these guys go for random killing sprees and stab 13 year old girls at their home. And they hate us too. What should I call them, our brethren? That would be an insult to Shias.

• Veteran Member
On 8/21/2016 at 2:12 PM, celestial said:

This video really sums up the failed policy of Iran about Palestine. Iran used Palestinian conflict to make it's image more legitimate among muslim world and gain support. To achieve this, Iran aided Hamas terrorists, and anti-Shia Palestinians with the hard earned money of millions of Shia Iranians. The result? Nothing. Absolute nothing. Nothing resolved between Israelis & Palestinians, nothing improved. In fact, this made things more complex.

Why these people don't voice their hatred to petrodollar rich Arabian gulf countries? No, you can't hear that from them, because they are sunni, plus they are Arabs, they are the same kin. But, they'll spew their hatred on Shias and Iran instead.

Why bother then? I first care about Shias. Shias first.

Ditto iran better off arming all the shia minorities e.g in Bahrain , to the teeth and maybe kurds to an extent but Palestinians were always going to be a problem esp since in the 70s they fought against Amal militia 

• Advanced Member

Yes the answer is to arm everyone. This is the best policy. 

Im sorry, random stabbing sprees? What does that have to do with anything. There are crazy people in every society (some guy just crossbow-ed three people in Toronto), but it's worse under occupation. They have liberally zero outlet for all this opression and no hope for justice when their houses get razed and their familes killed. Tell me you wouldnt go stab an occupier if you witnessed all that. 

All im saying, and this coming from someone married to a Palestinian, is that all you need in outreach. They are, by and large, kept ignorant. First by the Occupation and then by their fun Salafist preachers. Thay said, those in Gaza are surprisingly pro Iran. 

The entire Sunni world holds the same opinion. Its nothing unique to the Palestinians.

5 hours ago, BackwardsForwards said:

Yes the answer is to arm everyone. This is the best policy. 

Im sorry, random stabbing sprees? What does that have to do with anything. There are crazy people in every society (some guy just crossbow-ed three people in Toronto), but it's worse under occupation. They have liberally zero outlet for all this opression and no hope for justice when their houses get razed and their familes killed. Tell me you wouldnt go stab an occupier if you witnessed all that. 

All im saying, and this coming from someone married to a Palestinian, is that all you need in outreach. They are, by and large, kept ignorant. First by the Occupation and then by their fun Salafist preachers. Thay said, those in Gaza are surprisingly pro Iran. 

The entire Sunni world holds the same opinion. Its nothing unique to the Palestinians.

I'm gonna give you a simple example from ourselves. Shias lived under occupation for ages, and they are living still today, and they never went into rage and stabbed 13 year old sunni/salafi girls.

However, Palestinians stab innocent Israeli girls. What is worse, is that they are proud of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/13-year-old-israeli-girl-stabbed-to-death-in-her-bedroom/

No occupation can justify this.

Edited by celestial