Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zamestaneh

Are Yasir Al Habib's beliefs incorrect?

Rate this topic

As many would agree, Yasir Al Habib is a very controversial figure, and thus he has been a divisive wedge between Sunnis and Shia. He has been condemned by many Shia due to how open he is in cursing historical figures, insulting people etc; however are his beliefs actually against Shi'ism, or is he only condemned because of his tone?

On 21 August 2016 at 1:12 PM, Zamestaneh said:

As many would agree, Yasir Al Habib is a very controversial figure, and thus he has been a divisive wedge between Sunnis and Shia. He has been condemned by many Shia due to how open he is in cursing historical figures, insulting people etc; however are his beliefs actually against Shi'ism, or is he only condemned because of his tone?

I made a thread about this a couple of weeks ago where this issue was discussed throughly. Look through the pages and you'll get your answer. 

11 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

A low level nobody rotting in jail in Kuwait gets bail, visa to UK and $2.5m property to 'teach' shia islam. Sounds 100% legit to me.

there is around a 20 year (?) gap between him leaving kuwait and him securing funding for his masjid. its not like he stepped out of jail and then was given £2.5 Million as you are implying. quite a lot can happen in 20 years. 

lets not overstep the boundaries of our sharia in our zealousness to attack someone we disagree with. 

regarding the £2.5 Million funding, this is something that the pro-unity crowd can never understand - that there is a silent number of people all over the world who actually believe and follow and respect sayed sadeq shirazi as a legitimate source of emulation, and share his beliefs regarding certain things like ammi jaan aisha etc. Sayed shirazi isnt some anomalous nobody who is pretending to be a marja and no one takes seriously whose life is spent spitting on sayed khameneis picture as pro WF-ers make out online. 

people are fed up of unity with the bakris being pushed down our throats, and people like yasser habib play to this irritation for their own ends. just because someone who is anti WF gets funding, that doesnt mean that we can all automatically use the WF standard deus et machina "he must be funded by zionists then". literally the first thing I said in this thread was that the world is not split into black vs white, or pro WF vs zionists

6 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

there is around a 20 year (?) gap between him leaving kuwait and him securing funding for his masjid. its not like he stepped out of jail and then was given £2.5 Million as you are implying. quite a lot can happen in 20 years. 

lets not overstep the boundaries of our sharia in our zealousness to attack someone we disagree with. 

regarding the £2.5 Million funding, this is something that the pro-unity crowd can never understand - that there is a silent number of people all over the world who actually believe and follow and respect sayed sadeq shirazi as a legitimate source of emulation, and share his beliefs regarding certain things like ammi jaan aisha etc. Sayed shirazi isnt some anomalous nobody who is pretending to be a marja and no one takes seriously whose life is spent spitting on sayed khameneis picture as pro WF-ers make out online. 

people are fed up of unity with the bakris being pushed down our throats, and people like yasser habib play to this irritation for their own ends. just because someone who is anti WF gets funding, that doesnt mean that we can all automatically use the WF standard deus et machina "he must be funded by zionists then". literally the first thing I said in this thread was that the world is not split into black vs white, or pro WF vs zionists

:salam:

Still waiting for some pro-WF channel broadcasted from London to be re-allowed broadcasting on euro satellites. 

6 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

:salam:

Still waiting for some pro-WF channel broadcasted from London to be re-allowed broadcasting on euro satellites. 

12 minutes ago, realizm said:

lol wut

its not exactly being shown alongside the BBC

Availability
The Fadak Satellite Channel is currently available on Hotbird and Optus D2. The channel is also available on Roku as a private channel (Vanity Access Code: fadak).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fadak_(TV_channel)

this is a slightly different situation that Press TV, which was a "mainstream" news outlet

by applying your own logic, if Press TV was being run by/ paying money to a company run by one of the most famous and corrupt pro-zionists on planet earth (i.e. rupert murdoch), is Press TV supporting zionism more, or a small scale satellite channel that you cant even access without a masters degree in engineering lol?

I'm putting my foot down. No more threads about this guy. Please stop everybody. I will lock all new threads made. 

1. He and whatever he publically speaks about do not deserve this much attention. The sheer number of mentions he has received is an absolute embarrassment and a sad reflection of the membership of this forum, who are caught up in sensationalist, divisive, tabloid-esque rhetoric from those adorning our garb. It needlessly elevates his status in the eyes of members here, as well as for outside guests who browse here, getting a distorted perception of the English speaking Shia community.

2. If you have a genuine inquiry or confusion relating to him, then go to the search function and browse the dozens of previous threads available. Or better yet, spend more time reading about your religion from more reputable sources. Anyone who is exposed to even a cursory amount of authentic material shouldn't have any "confusion".

3. If any of you disagree and believe this policy is inappropriate, then let me know.