Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunnis in Iran (How Sunnis live in a Shia Country)

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Sabih said:

My sunni friend shared me this link couple of days ago. How we can answer this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/03/iran-executes-sunni-prisoners-torture-unfair-trial-claims-human-rights

Well can we see fight against ISIS as killing Sunnis? The west, America and their puppets like Saudi Arab etc always see things in this way. They were terrorists and found guilty during trial hence executed. Why to join terror with Sunni Islam? Many Shia are executed in Iran for Hadood cases but no one can raise objection because it is law in Iran. If any Sunni is executed in Iran for sexual offenses, can it be taken as "Sunni execution by Iran". This is utter non-sense. This is unlike Shaikh Nimar execution in Saudi Arab. Saudi Arab executed Shaikh Nimr only because Shaikh Nimr was demanded rights for Shias and his struggle was totally non-violent but in Iran there are terrorists organizations like Jundullah and MKO (a Shia terrorists organization) who have been involved in crimes against humanity so if they are executed then it simply means terrorists executed not Sunni or Shia executed.

• Advanced Member
37 minutes ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

Well can we see fight against ISIS as killing Sunnis? The west, America and their puppets like Saudi Arab etc always see things in this way. They were terrorists and found guilty during trial hence executed. Why to join terror with Sunni Islam? Many Shia are executed in Iran for Hadood cases but no one can raise objection because it is law in Iran. If any Sunni is executed in Iran for sexual offenses, can it be taken as "Sunni execution by Iran". This is utter non-sense. This is unlike Shaikh Nimar execution in Saudi Arab. Saudi Arab executed Shaikh Nimr only because Shaikh Nimr was demanded rights for Shias and his struggle was totally non-violent but in Iran there are terrorists organizations like Jundullah and MKO (a Shia terrorists organization) who have been involved in crimes against humanity so if they are executed then it simply means terrorists executed not Sunni or Shia executed.

The same answer can be found by Saudi government. They not only executed Shaikh Nimr but also lot of sunni's. So, don't you think they had a valid reason? I need a solid argument.

Shaikh Nimr brother said he was found guilty of seeking "foreign meddling" in the kingdom, "disobeying" its rulers and taking up arms against the security forces. Source: http://nation.com.pk/international/02-Jan-2016/saudi-arabia-executes-sheikh-nimr-al-nimr

How we can discuss this example after this statement.

• Veteran Member
25 minutes ago, Sabih said:

The same answer can be found by Saudi government. They not only executed Shaikh Nimr but also lot of sunni's. So, don't you think they had a valid reason? I need a solid argument.

Shaikh Nimr brother said he was found guilty of seeking "foreign meddling" in the kingdom, "disobeying" its rulers and taking up arms against the security forces. Source: http://nation.com.pk/international/02-Jan-2016/saudi-arabia-executes-sheikh-nimr-al-nimr

How we can discuss this example after this statement.

Yes arguments can be presented from both sides. Each case has to be seen separately. Nimar execution was definitely unjustified and oppressive. Every impartial media admits Saudi human rights violation. This is not only Saudia rather nearly all monarchies have the same attitude. Monarchies have to harsh because they have to remain in power through creating fear.

• Advanced Member
33 minutes ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

Yes arguments can be presented from both sides. Each case has to be seen separately. Nimar execution was definitely unjustified and oppressive. Every impartial media admits Saudi human rights violation. This is not only Saudia rather nearly all monarchies have the same attitude. Monarchies have to harsh because they have to remain in power through creating fear.

Fair enough.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Sabih said:

Fair enough.

Iran is no pure democracy either. It's controlled by the elite council of leaders and I admit they are not all that bad but still just for the sake of being fair, Sunnis execution on some counts is pure revenge play by Iran. I am a huge fan of Ayatullah Khamenei but my opinion stands.

• Veteran Member
33 minutes ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Iran is no pure democracy either. It's controlled by the elite council of leaders and I admit they are not all that bad but still just for the sake of being fair, Sunnis execution on some counts is pure revenge play by Iran. I am a huge fan of Ayatullah Khamenei but my opinion stands.

Pure democracy here means western democracy. In Arabic it is said "Awam Kal Ana'am" (common people are like cattles". Study the concept of Wilayatul Faqih to understand Iranian political system. This is far better than western democracy. 

As far as your allegation of revenge play is concerned. This is just a general allegation. Bring forward a single example as case study otherwise it's a claim without evidence.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Mass execution by Shiite Iran to control population and silence opposition - Ayatollah montazeri http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11624078

Imagine if this same thing was happening in Iraq after Saddam execution, there would be no opposition (Ba'this) left, and there would be no threat, sectarians and war in Iraq. But it didn't happen and we still have Bathis causing these bombings and war in Iraq.

Sometimes to get rid of the opposition gives peace to the land, even if the executions (Not including childs or pregrent womens executions, because they are wrong, but rather militians and political) are very harsh.

Edited by Dhulfikar

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Mass execution by Shiite Iran to control population and silence opposition - Ayatollah montazeri http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11624078

And here is your biased author https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majid_Rafizadeh

• Veteran Member
On 8/19/2016 at 7:38 AM, sunnilove2hussain said:

Iran in 1988 89 executed thousands in their prisons extra judicial killings for being Mujahideen Khalq this is sunnah of Ali or muawiyah ?did Ali kill a single Khariji in a extra judicial way ?

Edited by Panzerwaffe

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Iran in 1988 89 executed thousands in their prisons extra judicial killings for being Mujahideen Khalq this is sunnah of Ali or muawiyah ?did Ali kill a single Khariji in a extra judicial way ?

Imam Ali started/participated in three wars during his less than 5 years of Caliphate and killed many of the khavarij.

I have no idea about the number of the executions and the year they were executed. But, whatever the case, they were terrorists. They had/have killed 12,000 up to 17,000 Iranians and in the Saddam's war against Iran clearly and shamelessly helped him. Iran has been and is a anti terrorist country, if you or anybody else with baseless and outlandish justifications want to support them, I can't do anything more that saying that you are wrong. That's the nicest approach toward a Terrorists supporter.

• Advanced Member
On 8/20/2016 at 6:04 PM, sunnilove2hussain said:

I wouldn't trust Iranians who fled Iran pre-1980. They are mostly Shahists who fled. Now they are complaining about democracy lacking in Iran but 30 years ago they had no qualms with the Shah being a dictator with absolute power. 

Executions do occur in Iran, few are political and the rest are criminal. 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, kamyar said:

Imam Ali started/participated in three wars during his less than 5 years of Caliphate and killed many of the khavarij.

I have no idea about the number of the executions and the year they were executed. But, whatever the case, they were terrorists. They had/have killed 12,000 up to 17,000 Iranians and in the Saddam's war against Iran clearly and shamelessly helped him. Iran has been and is a anti terrorist country, if you or anybody else with baseless and outlandish justifications want to support them, I can't do anything more that saying that you are wrong. That's the nicest approach toward a Terrorists supporter.

All khawarij Ali killed were in battles not in prisons , plz don t sugarcoat these actions

Edited by Panzerwaffe

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

All khawarij Ali killed were in battles not in prisons , plz don t sugarcoat these actions

Yeah...he took no prisoners from them. You don't really understand history very well, and your capability to compare historical situation is even worse. 

• Basic Members

Hello.

Like everywhere, in Iran, All citizen have a right to exist and this is normal but in some situation they are evacuated to have it, like all countries in the world.

one of the biggest crimes in Iran is terrorism activities and they punish the guilty badly because that crime is against right of life of innocent people. I mean when somebody endangers people' s life, he deserves to be punishes badly.

So, if the guilty is Shia, s/he will be punished, so Sunny will. Therefor it is unfair to accept these claims. I mean a trial with torture and sth like that. By the way it is a rule in Iran to have lawyer even though the accused denies that.

And I have a question, is it OK to release somebody who committed a crime against Humanity or we should punish him/her in a settled process??

FOR the main question we should say they have right to live like other people in Iran and as we know in Iran 's constitution it mentions all people have right of living peacefully and it is necessary to say in boarders of Iran there are a lot of Sunnis and almost all of them are loyal to the government because It provides for them a life without any problems related to their beliefs.

With All Do Respect

Edited by ali.abrams

• Veteran Member
17 hours ago, repenter said:

Yeah...he took no prisoners from them. You don't really understand history very well, and your capability to compare historical situation is even worse. 

That was in battle 

there were survivors of nahrawan ,you cannot compare MK to khawarij as Irani army is not full of akabir Sahaba tabeen like army of Ali 

Ali didn't have prisons full of political prisoners Or did he ?

fighting Ali is the moral equivalent of fighting IRGC?

Which situations cannot be compared here ?

Edited by Panzerwaffe

• Veteran Member
34 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

That was in battle 

there were survivors of nahrawan ,you cannot compare MK to khawarij as Irani army is not full of akabir Sahaba tabeen like army of Ali 

Ali didn't have prisons full of political prisoners Or did he ?

fighting Ali is the moral equivalent of fighting IRGC?

Which situations cannot be compared here ?

I don't know where to begin... Because Imam Ali can't be compared with us, it doesn't mean a person who fight Imam Ali can be confronted, but a terrorist who fight Iran can't be.

You are making many mistakes here. One of the mistakes is that you think criminals, those who make sedition and kill innocent people should be free, unless it's in the battlefield! The greater mistake is that you are associating this irrational and unjust approach to Imam Ali and his way of ruling. Another mistake is posting about things without knowledge and power of analyzing.

It's more than that.

• Veteran Member

^ call it what it was a ruthless suppression of internal dissent MK were not innocent either but nor were the holier than thou mullahs ...sunnis rulers  use the same logic to suppress pietist uprisings calling then khawarij 

Edited by Panzerwaffe