Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

World War 2 Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

I would have preferred if Germany kept their pre WW2 borders assigned to them after the end of WW1. Its not fair how they lost their historic German populated territory which was instead given away to Poland and Russia.

After WW2, Germans who were living in the eastern parts were prosecuted, even butchered and the women were raped by the Soviet Soldiers. Millions of these Germans were declared enemy aliens and were expelled from their lands that they have been residing in for many centuries and were not even compensated in anyway.

Konigsberg, Breslau and Stettin which are now known as Kaliningrad, Wroclaw and Szczecin were all historic German cities. Btw one of the greatest German Philosophers Immanuel Kant was from Konigsberg and lived his entire life there, where some of the Soviets were prepared to demolish his tomb but were stopped at the last minute because Kant is not just loved by Germans but by the entire world. He must be rolling in his grave knowing that to this day his beloved Konigsberg is in the hands of the Russians.

Have a look at the linguistic map of Germans in Europe and the post 1945 borders. Eastern parts of historic Germany have gone to Poland and Russia which has an exclave based around Kaliningrad/Konigsberg.

German1910.png

Oder-neisse.gif

Edited by Zendegi
14 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

So, uh... who is you guys' favorite fighting force in WWII?

Who do you pick when you play "Axis & Allies?"

I am a bit partial to the partisans, myself. (good one, baradar)

Good choice. I was going to say Partisans as well. In contrast the French Resistance was the most useless militia during WW2.

The Partisans without the help of any foreign powers were able to expel the Nazis and their ability to unite most of the South Slavs to get their country back. I am kind of fond of Tito as well, one of my only favourite Commies. He even had the guts to stand up against Stalin.

Edited by Zendegi
  • Veteran Member
On 8/19/2016 at 2:03 PM, Zendegi said:

I like how you bought up the Cyrus the Great example.

Salam Zendegi,

King Cyrus the Great is a very important figure in history. He is one of the greatest kings in the world. And, he is mentioned as God's "Anointed" in the Tanakh by the prophet Isaiah, which in my opinion is an incredibly high honor. (I boldened some.)

"Thus saith the LORD to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him, and to loose the loins of kings; to open the doors before him, and that the gates may not be shut." - Isaiah 45:1

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1045.htm

Cyrus the Great could have ruled through terror and tyranny just like the Assyrians rulers before him, and essentially all of his contemporaries for centuries to come.

True, yet King Cyrus the Great of Persia ruled with tolerance: a role model for leaders around the world.

I think the question begs the broader one of why they ruled with tolerance, not just toward the Jews, but also toward the other subject peoples of the empire.

Awesome question

We can try to explain Cyrus's policy towards the Jews and the other people of the empire by claiming it was clever geopolitics. Let's say he wanted a Jewish state to create a buffer with Egypt, where the control over the key region of Judea was the chokepoint for all the traffic of armies or trade by land to Egypt, that he sought. This may or may not be true, since we actually don't have a shred of evidence to prove that's what he was thinking.

Prophet Isaiah wrote about Cyrus before Cyrus was born, so I personally believe God chose Cyrus to bring the Children of Israel back to their land.

At the same time I don't feel this at all is related to that of which is going in the Modern era. Its pointless trying to link this to Zionism and the establishment of Israel in 1948 especially attempting to link it at the same time with religion and what's being said in the holy books like the Bible and Qur'an.

There's a spiritual realm, Zendegi. That spiritual realm is just as real as the physical realm. Jerusalem is the holiest site for Judaism, like Mecca is the holiest site for Islam. There's a reason why Jerusalem has been fought over for thousands of years, and the reason is based on spirituality.

There's a reason why Muslims consider Jerusalem to be the third holiest site, correct? They believe Muhammad went to Jerusalem, yes? Why? Spiritual reason, yeah? That's why Muslims have fought to hard to maintain control of Jerusalem, because of Muhammad, yes?

Has it ever made you question why Jerusalem is being fought over and has for centuries, whereas other holy sites, such as Mecca, Medina, and the Vatican are not being fought over by the 3 "Abrahamic religions"? Christians and Jews don't want Mecca or Medina. Muslims (as far as I know) don't want the Vatican. Definitely Jews don't want the Vatican. Yet, all 3 religions have very strong ties to Jerusalem, especially Judaism.

Peace and God bless you

• Veteran Member
On 8/19/2016 at 8:13 PM, shiaman14 said:

Peace sister,
No one is blaming the Jews.

Hitler did blame the Jews for the problems Germany had.

As a matter of fact, I specifically said, "Regardless of what some Jews did, I doubt a genocide was warranted".

I agree with you, regardless of what people of any ethnicity or religion do, genocide is not warranted, especially after Jesus Christ brought the New Covenant.

And my question still stands - root cause for the creation of Israel after WWII. Who made the decision?

It depends on who you ask. Have you ever heard of the Balfour Declaration?

• Veteran Member

And my question still stands - root cause for the creation of Israel after WWII. Who made the decision?

Salam again Brother Shiaman14,

Again, it depends on who you ask. I personally believe that God regenerated Israel after WWII, using the British Empire to do it.

The British Empire had extensive power and still does to some degree. Like God used the Persian Empire during King Cyrus the Great's time to return the Jews to the Promised Land, so I believe God used the British Empire to return the Jews to the Promised Land.

The Balfour Declaration is proof that the British Empire planned to help Jews "establish a national home for the Jewish people."

Why did they make the decision?

Some people say it was to encourage Jewish people in other nations, including the USA, to help the UK fight. The UK was fighting for her life. Again, I personally believe God led the British Empire to help regenerate Israel like God led King Cyrus the Great of Persia to help regenerate long before Jesus Christ was born in the regenerated Israel.

By whose authority did they make the decision?

I personally believe by God's authority.

The sad fact is that people of all races and colors support evil for whatever reason whether it is Hitler, Saddam, Manson, OsamaBL, etc. They are supporting. 

Sadly true. :(

Lastly  as far as hating Jews goes, apartheid has that effect on people or at least brown and black skinned people.

There are many Jewish people who have brown and black skin. Hating Jews is thus not based on skin color, but on hating people who have a specific culture and/or religion.  :(

Peace and God bless you

• Veteran Member
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:34 AM, Zendegi said:

Raising the Soviet flag on top of the Reichstag over war-torn Berlin. This is the perfect picture of representing Soviet victory in Germany's beloved capital city. Another representation is the triumph of Communism over Fascism.

Reichstag_flag_original.jpg

About 2500 Germans died defending it, the Reichstag, and 2500 Soviets died trying to take it. Fighting in the basement continued for another 2 weeks after the woman assigned to raise the flag did so.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, kirtc said:

@Christianlady judeo-christian or christian-zionist is an oxymoron

Salam Kirtc,

That's your opinion. However, the fact remains that without Judaism, Christianity would not exist. How so? Because the coming of the Christ (Anointed One/Messiah/Mashiach) is promised by God in the Tanakh, Judaism's Scripture. Jesus Christ is Jewish, descendant of King David of the tribe of Judah, son of Jacob (Israel), son of Isaac, son of Abraham.

Without God's promise of the Christ to King David, there would be no foundation for Christianity.

jews hate/despise and dont even believe in Jesus (a.s)

Jewish people are diverse, same as every other group of people are diverse. Jesus' mother Mary is Jewish. Jesus' chosen apostles are all Jewish. While many Jewish people both then and now rejected Jesus as the Christ, some Jewish people both then and now accept Jesus as the Christ! Some however call him by his Hebrew name: Yeshua or a variant.

its an undeniable fact, if they did, then they have no reason to stay jewish

Messianic Jewish people (Jews who believe that Jesus is the Christ) believe that accepting Yeshua/Jesus as the Mashicach/Christ actually makes them even more Jewish, since the Christ's coming is a promise specifically made to the tribe Judah, from which the term "Judaism" is derived.

Peace and God bless you

• Veteran Member
On 8/19/2016 at 10:22 PM, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

@Christianlady

What do you mean by the Jews were trying to save Germany?

Salam Abu-Jafar Herz,

Out of curiosity,where did I state that the Jews were trying to save Germany? Thanks.

I was always taught in history class the Jews were disliked for their inlufence in Germany and their media attacks on the country blaming Germany for ww1

.Jewish people have been disliked in Europe for centuries. For example, Jewish people were expelled from England in 1260.

http://www.britainexpress.com/History/medieval/expulson-jews.htm

There's always been reasons given for hating on the Jews, sadly. :( Hatred against Jews didn't start with the regeneration of Israel after WWII. It's been a continuous mentality for people around the world, for hating on the Jews.
For me personally, it's interesting because the British people have been much more prominent and dominant in invading other nations than Jewish people have, yet are not hated even half as extensively as the Jews have been throughout history. (I"m not advocating hatred for my own ancestors; most of my ancestors are from the UK and yes, I love the English same as I love Jews and Arabs and Persians and everybody) I just find it interesting, because yeah, the British have colonized and invaded many more places around the world than the Jews, yet Jews are hated more. Doesn't make sense to me personally, except for God choosing the Jews and hence why they are hated... out of jealousy perhaps.

That's why the Germans kicked them out.

The Germans didn't just kick them out. They systematically rounded up and put Jewish people into ghettos, then forced them to work in order for them to survive, experimented on some of them -using torture, and killed many of them. If Germany had just kicked the Jews out, that would be completely different than what they did. Thank God, some Jewish people escaped the Nazis, but many didn't. Some Christians in Germany and the surrounding countries invaded by the Nazis helped some Jewish people escape, but others looked the other way or were actively involved in oppressing, enslaving, and killing the Jewish people. :(

Peace and God bless you

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Kirtc,

That's your opinion. However, the fact remains that without Judaism, Christianity would not exist. How so? Because the coming of the Christ (Anointed One/Messiah/Mashiach) is promised by God in the Tanakh, Judaism's Scripture. Jesus Christ is Jewish, descendant of King David of the tribe of Judah, son of Jacob (Israel), son of Isaac, son of Abraham.

Without God's promise of the Christ to King David, there would be no foundation for Christianity.

Jewish people are diverse, same as every other group of people are diverse. Jesus' mother Mary is Jewish. Jesus' chosen apostles are all Jewish. While many Jewish people both then and now rejected Jesus as the Christ, some Jewish people both then and now accept Jesus as the Christ! Some however call him by his Hebrew name: Yeshua or a variant.

Messianic Jewish people (Jews who believe that Jesus is the Christ) believe that accepting Yeshua/Jesus as the Mashicach/Christ actually makes them even more Jewish, since the Christ's coming is a promise specifically made to the tribe Judah, from which the term "Judaism" is derived.

Peace and God bless you

OK, listen.... bare with me, 

God, does not send prophets down left and right..... He would only send a prophet when the world needed him, when truth has strayed, when oppression and sins were rampant, and people forgot about God. Jesus (a.s) came at a time when the Jews were in control, and they had gone sour, they threw the Judaism of Moses and David (a.s) into the ocean, and have become corrupt and sold out to power and lust... If they were "good" then there would be no reason for a "Messaih" at the time... Jesus (a.s) was rejected by the Jews. he came to cleanse the people at the time and bring God's Law back...  

If the Jews at the time recognized Jesus to be a prophet sent by God, then how idiotic would it be for them to be like... "Na, we know you are the true prophet. but we are not gonna become Christians.. we'll stay Jewish, but thanks" The Jews saw Jesus as a threat to their power and killed him. Period. From the way you are defending them. Shows you know little to nothing about the subject. Yes you can read 10000s of books.... But if they are written by liars and idiots then its worthless knowledge...

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Zendegi said:

Partisan fighter Stjepan Filipović shouting "Death to fascism, freedom to the People!" seconds before his execution on May 1942.

Stjepan_Stevo_Filipovi%C4%87.jpg

Mashallah bro, you have a lot of historical knowledge about World War II like me. Thanks for the posts, really appreciate it.