Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
$unshine

wudo with nail polish

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum, I have a question regarding a nailpolish so called breathable nail polish, this is from their website;

"Excellent nail enamel that allows water and oxygen to pass through thanks to its special ingredient – a highly advanced polymer. The product helps keep the nails in the best condition while wearing nail enamel.

Use with O2M Breathable Base to improve application of the nail enamel. To prolong life of the nail enamel, cover with a layer of O2M Breathable Top Coat. Both products also ensure air and water permeability.

Does NOT contain Toulon"

-So my question is, is it permissible to do wood with this kind of nail polish? If someone has a contact with a marjaa and ask I will be so thankful.

Thank you so much

wasalam

Ws sister,

Your average scholar or marja would say that its impermissible because the nail polish is still a barrier for the water. 

If you type in the search box at the top of the page 'nail polish' you will find threads where this question is answered in complete depth.  :) 

6 hours ago, $unshine said:

Salam alaykum, I have a question regarding a nailpolish so called breathable nail polish, this is from their website;

"Excellent nail enamel that allows water and oxygen to pass through thanks to its special ingredient – a highly advanced polymer. The product helps keep the nails in the best condition while wearing nail enamel.

Use with O2M Breathable Base to improve application of the nail enamel. To prolong life of the nail enamel, cover with a layer of O2M Breathable Top Coat. Both products also ensure air and water permeability.

Does NOT contain Toulon"

-So my question is, is it permissible to do wood with this kind of nail polish? If someone has a contact with a marjaa and ask I will be so thankful.

Thank you so much

wasalam

Salam alaykom. 

It is barrier if it prevents water from reaching the nail underneath, but if it doesn't prevent water from reaching the nail, because of using new methods in this kind of nail and you are certain about it, so you can do it and also doing wudu. Indeed it depends on you that wheter you are certain about reaching water the nails or not. 

18 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Ws sister,

Your average scholar or marja would say that its impermissible because the nail polish is still a barrier for the water. 

If you type in the search box at the top of the page 'nail polish' you will find threads where this question is answered in complete depth.  :) 

Oki thank you sister, i will read in-depth the threads regarding the nailpolish

:) 

14 hours ago, Mohammad-Reza said:

Salam alaykom. 

It is barrier if it prevents water from reaching the nail underneath, but if it doesn't prevent water from reaching the nail, because of using new methods in this kind of nail and you are certain about it, so you can do it and also doing wudu. Indeed it depends on you that wheter you are certain about reaching water the nails or not. 

How do I get certain if it is a barrier or not? On their website they say it is, should we rely on them islamically or not?

37 minutes ago, $unshine said:

How do I get certain if it is a barrier or not? On their website they say it is, should we rely on them islamically or not?

If it is possible for you, ask who already did it. And also you can try it yourself, if it is barrier you stop using it and if it isnt barrier you can continue using it.  

2 hours ago, Mohammad-Reza said:

If it is possible for you, ask who already did it. And also you can try it yourself, if it is barrier you stop using it and if it isnt barrier you can continue using it.  

The thing is how can it be tested? In what way? like how can I know if its a barrier or not when i have the nail polish on and do wudo? 

1 hour ago, $unshine said:

The thing is how can it be tested? In what way? like how can I know if its a barrier or not when i have the nail polish on and do wudo? 

For example put something (that if water reach it, change it's appearance) on your nail, then polish on and do wudo. After wudo take the polish, if it's appearance chenged, so the polish isn't barrier. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2285544/How-new-breathable-nail-polish-Muslim-women-flying-shelves--death-creator-means-live-success.html

apparently water does permeate it, but in what way, by soaking nails in water or what? will a mere wash cause water to permeate it to the actual nail? unless this is confirmed then we cant really use it.

also, nail polish has another issue, whereby it is not allowed to wear it in view of non mahram as it is a form of zeenah.

On 17. august 2016 at 4:39 PM, Mohammad-Reza said:

For example put something (that if water reach it, change it's appearance) on your nail, then polish on and do wudo. After wudo take the polish, if it's appearance chenged, so the polish isn't barrier. 

This was a bit complicated explained:blush:

On 18. august 2016 at 11:39 AM, abduljabbar said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2285544/How-new-breathable-nail-polish-Muslim-women-flying-shelves--death-creator-means-live-success.html

apparently water does permeate it, but in what way, by soaking nails in water or what? will a mere wash cause water to permeate it to the actual nail? unless this is confirmed then we cant really use it.

also, nail polish has another issue, whereby it is not allowed to wear it in view of non mahram as it is a form of zeenah.

Yes true its not about wearing it infront of non mahram