Sign in to follow this  
Lionsofallah

[LAWS]Missed prayers

Rate this topic

Salam alaikum everybody, this topic is about my missed prayers when I was younger 13,14,15 & 16 years old. You know that time you have Jannabah but I didn't know what ghusl al-janabah was and when It happened I just did wudhu and not ghusl and I'm pretty sure that makes my prayers invalid. I do not know how many prayers I've missed because of this and what should I do? 

55 minutes ago, Lionsofallah said:

Salam alaikum everybody, this topic is about my missed prayers when I was younger 13,14,15 & 16 years old. You know that time you have Jannabah but I didn't know what ghusl al-janabah was and when It happened I just did wudhu and not ghusl and I'm pretty sure that makes my prayers invalid. I do not know how many prayers I've missed because of this and what should I do? 

Salam Alaykom.

It is obligatory to do qaḍā’ of all the prayers that you did in the state of janābah. However, the fasts that you kept in this state without knowing any thing about the state of janābah are correct and sufficient, and there is no need to do their qaḍā’.

There is another point that it is obligatory to perform the qaḍā’ of all the prayers that you are certain you missed after becoming ritually mature.

I remember reading something about if you don't know the exact number of days to repeat, then you repeat the smallest number you remember. (If you're unsure if it was 5 or 6, you do 5). Or if you are completely unsure of how many days (I'm sure you don't) you pray until you feel you have prayed them all. 

To calculate just simply see how long it takes you to complete your next cycle, and multiply it by 12 (for 12 months) and by the amount of years you believe you missed it. Making up the prayers doesn't take that long at all, actually. Don't feel obliged to pray them all in one day if you're unable to.