sefket83

Does humans have right to not exist?

Rate this topic

Maybe this is a weird question but I wonder if God in Islam will erase a human from existence who wants that in this life? For example I have told God that if I can not make it to heaven then he can erase me from existence anytime and I believe God will do this for me too.

Edited by sefket83

1 minute ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

No. Read Quran "Nonbelievers will say alas! May we have been just dust". They will say so because of their bad deeds. They will have to pay for it.

OK, I have told God if I can not make it to heaven then I do not want to live and earn hell. So will God erase me?

12 minutes ago, sefket83 said:

OK, I have told God if I can not make it to heaven then I do not want to live and earn hell. So will God erase me?

No, God has not given you this choice in Quran. You have to make it.

7 minutes ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

No, God has not given you this choice in Quran. You have to make it.

I think in Islam Gods creation is his slave and a slave has no rights but maybe God will grant someone non existence if they ask for it.

Edited by sefket83

26 minutes ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

No. Did you not read what Quran said?

Yes are you sure someone can not pray to stop existing if they are sure they will end up in hell?

11 minutes ago, sefket83 said:

Yes are you sure someone can not pray to stop existing if they are sure they will end up in hell?

Are you trolling? However, for example there was a Hadith I don't remember by who, but it said something about someone who is a kafir but a good person, will they go to Heaven or Hell? He said: "Allah (swt) will make sure they don't taste the fire of Hell" So neither heaven nor hell.

1 minute ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Are you trolling? However, for example there was a Hadith I don't remember by who, but it said something about someone who is a kafir but a good person, will they go to Heaven or Hell? He said: "Allah (swt) will make sure they don't taste the fire of Hell" So neither heaven nor hell.

No I know it is a weird question for a muslim but I think I have right to not exist if I want. It seems that in Islam the creation has no rights at all. True?

Edited by sefket83

2 hours ago, sefket83 said:

Salam Alaykom. 

Pray to stop existing, is detestable (Makrooh) in Islam. Because this kind of dua leads to hopelessness from God's mercy. 

But you should consider that your prayer is include a condition that make it valid. In fact you pray to stop existing if your life leads to earning hell. Any way you can pray in other word, I mean you pray in this way: Oh God, give me an opportunity to end my life as a right muslim.

This kind of prayer, had been advised by our Imams and in Islamic teachings.

Salam, 

God is most fair and most just. He created us out of mercy. I believe he creates everything that can be created, because he is most merciful. He gives all a chance to experience life (not in our sense necessarily). In a way, we need to go through this life in order to learn and develop our soul/spirit. This life- i feel- is like a lesson. Remember, our time here can't compare to time in the hereafter. A bit like a dream: in a dream centuries can pass but once you wake up you realise you've only had a 20minute nap. 

1 hour ago, sefket83 said:

No I know it is a weird question for a muslim but I think I have right to not exist if I want. It seems that in Islam the creation has no rights at all. True?

First, we hold no right over God. God can do as He pleases when He pleases. But yes, He is most Just. You don't wish to exist today, but how do you know what you'll wish for tomorrow, in a month, year or decade! For all you know, in 20 years, you might ask God to give you immortality! Things can change, especially if you let them! 

Why do you fear a just, merciful God so much?? You should try to love him :) Just try your best at not sinning (easier said than done since we're all fallible- God KNOWS this). This isn't school. You won't be marked on the end product. You'll be marked on your effor too! So try-try-try! Don't ask not to exist, ask God to turn your life around! To make you want to exist! To give you reason to exist! To appreciate even the little things in life! The way you're able to smell a flower as you walk by it, the way you can feel the warmth of the sun hit your cheek, the way you can feel the wind brush against your skin, the way your eyes can capture the sky- the stars- the universe in a blink, the way your heart beats when you're excited, the way your stomach tightens when you laugh,- just look around you! Be it the concrete jungle or nature's heavens- all holds beauty!

So I ask again, what frightens you so much? Have you considered whether there is a medical reason behind your fear? Is it perhaps irrational?  

Edited by yusur317

1 hour ago, sefket83 said:

Speaking outside of the lense of Islam for a minute, you don't have the "right" to exist,  either you exist or you don't. Rights signify a choice and existence isn't a choice. Now, if by the exist you mean the right to end one's life, you don't because it is murder and a form of ingratitude to Allah (swt). You also cannot do this in Christianity or Judaism either. 

35 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Speaking outside of the lense of Islam for a minute, you don't have the "right" to exist,  either you exist or you don't. Rights signify a choice and existence isn't a choice. Now, if by the exist you mean the right to end one's life, you don't because it is murder and a form of ingratitude to Allah (swt). You also cannot do this in Christianity or Judaism either. 

Thank you for your post. I have told God something like this. There is a path to eternal hell and there is a path to eternal heaven. I do not know if I will make it to heaven but if I can not make it then erase me so that I do not go the path which leads to eternal hell. These things are weird I know but so is the possibility of being in hell forever. I have no suicidal toughts or something like that but I do fear living a life which leads to hell.

Edited by sefket83

Consider a person who makes pottery  .. it is the  simple clay  which is blessed with his  hands and made into a certain shape ..sometimes a vase or a cooking  pot or a decoration .. it was just a piece of clay ..but  if the man turned it into a pot its his blessing on clay .. so is the creation  of Allah SWT if Allah has created us ..this life is the greatest gift  ..we were nothing ..out of nothing he created us ..   creation is  not the matter of choice .. but its upto you that how much you care for this precious  gift... as a good human being, one will obviously take care of this  gift.. If you are  given a gift by a king  you will  take care of it   ..so is life ..  may be i would convey my msg to you .

Questioning on  rights why one forgets about the obligations .. the opposite of rights is obligation  ..  why should we look at  our rights when we don't fulfill our obligation ...after fulfilling them we are in a position to talk about our rights . ..so our obligation is  obeying  the one who have given us  uncountable blessings  .

48 minutes ago, yusur317 said:

Salam, 

God is most fair and most just. He created us out of mercy. I believe he creates everything that can be created, because he is most merciful. He gives all a chance to experience life (not in our sense necessarily). In a way, we need to go through this life in order to learn and develop our soul/spirit. This life- i feel- is like a lesson. Remember, our time here can't compare to time in the hereafter. A bit like a dream: in a dream centuries can pass but once you wake up you realise you've only had a 20minute nap. 

First, we hold no right over God. God can do as He pleases when He pleases. But yes, He is most Just. You don't wish to exist today, but how do you know what you'll wish for tomorrow, in a month, year or decade! For all you know, in 20 years, you might ask God to give you immortality! Things can change, especially if you let them! 

Why do you fear a just, merciful God so much?? You should try to love him :) Just try your best at not sinning (easier said than done since we're all fallible- God KNOWS this). This isn't school. You won't be marked on the end product. You'll be marked on your effor too! So try-try-try! Don't ask not to exist, ask God to turn your life around! To make you want to exist! To give you reason to exist! To appreciate even the little things in life! The way you're able to smell a flower as you walk by it, the way you can feel the warmth of the sun hit your cheek, the way you can feel the wind brush against your skin, the way your eyes can capture the sky- the stars- the universe in a blink, the way your heart beats when you're excited, the way your stomach tightens when you laugh,- just look around you! Be it the concrete jungle or nature's heavens- all holds beauty!

So I ask again, what frightens you so much? Have you considered whether there is a medical reason behind your fear? Is it perhaps irrational?  

I think this is a good prayer. "Omnipotent God, if there is any goodness in me let that be my reason to enter heaven. Anything is possible to you. Omnipotent God, if I am not destined for heaven then let me not live so as to earn hell."

Edited by sefket83

18 minutes ago, sefket83 said:

I think this is a good prayer. "Omnipotent God, if there is any goodness in me let that be my reason to enter heaven. Anything is possible to you. Omnipotent God, if I am not destined for heaven then let me not live so as to earn hell."

But why don't you focus on improving yourself?

^^ slave is a very crude translation of abd. See here:

It is the Muslims' belief that we have to this world with our own choice. There is a verse in the Quran, but it interpretation differs between Muslim sects. And, then we are getting into a fine line between Predestination and Freewill.

And, for the above reasons I don't want to discuss it.

11 hours ago, BornShia said:

It is the Muslims' belief that we have to this world with our own choice. There is a verse in the Quran, but it interpretation differs between Muslim sects. And, then we are getting into a fine line between Predestination and Freewill.

And, for the above reasons I don't want to discuss it.

Unfortunately, you are continue to discuss it.

I think you're unaware of "yourself". End is this worldly life really means extinction to you?

Have you not considered what you were in the womb of your mother? How many shapes have you changed there? You were entered in the womb with a different shape & came into this world with a totally different shape. You also disliked this place by showing your emotions upon arrival, your were crying. 

Have you considered that when you left the womb, you were extinct for that tiny world I am calling as womb. You no more exists there but in fact you bear witness that you do exist in this world. I suggest you to continue thinking & know more & more about yourself.