Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
A1 BOSS

New Era Women

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

How come these days a lot of women just want to get married for the sake of getting married , as an end in itself?

Are there any women that want to get married to improve their physical self, mental , and purification of their soul? It doesn't seem like that any more. Nowadays a lot of women I know just want to get married so they can post pictures on social media about their perfect life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems weird that a person would want to get married in order to improve their physique, as generally speaking, a person improves his physique in order to get married. There are so issues with the other things that you mentioned, but as I'm not married myself, I can't comment on them with any authority except to say that mentally speaking, people should also try and have that somewhat under control before getting married. h

How can you hope to have a successful marriage if you go into it with mental issues that you need to work out - of course it depends on what issues in particular, but mental health and well being and knowing who you are or at least knowing who you want to be is quite important generally and not something that you spouse should help you work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:salam: 

I disagree. Immature sisters may marry for social gratification (going out and sharing a facade with the public), but many sisters share pictures on social media simply because it's a habit. Give a girl a kitten or a puppy and you'll see just as many pictures of it streamed on her social media. It's a new exciting thing for them so they share it. There's no ulterior reason or motive.

I do agree though, that many sisters -it seems- don't necessarily marry someone who is exactly suitable, or marry far too quickly after meeting their "suitor". I believe the cause of this are the social pressures many women face. We are threatened with a set "social clock". I still remember when my aunt sat us down to tell us that we'd all "expire" aged 21. That was during my early teens. That sort of panic "I need to find someone ASAP!" kind of makes you go for a spouse that might not be suited to you. But that doesn't mean sisters don't look to develop themselves after marriage. They do. Especially in terms of spirituality. You just don't see it. We can't see what goes on in people's homes, can we? 

As for mental health and physique, these are mostly worked on prior to marriage. No one wants a spouse with a package.

Hope that clears some things up :)

:ws: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, celestial said:

Actually, it is a reality.

A lot of people hate reality because it condemns the falsehoods they've incorporated into their lives. They couldn't bear to part with their pleasures/desires to live in true reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

It seems weird that a person would want to get married in order to improve their physique, as generally speaking, a person improves his physique in order to get married. There are so issues with the other things that you mentioned, but as I'm not married myself, I can't comment on them with any authority except to say that mentally speaking, people should also try and have that somewhat under control before getting married. h

How can you hope to have a successful marriage if you go into it with mental issues that you need to work out - of course it depends on what issues in particular, but mental health and well being and knowing who you are or at least knowing who you want to be is quite important generally and not something that you spouse should help you work out.

Don't be misguided man. When you grow you wanna grow in all ways. You wanna continue to be healthy. When you get married, getting healthier together should also be a goal. Don't let effeminate media dictate to you instead of Islam 

Edited by Young Lion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yusur317 said:

:salam: 

I disagree. Immature sisters may marry for social gratification (going out and sharing a facade with the public), but many sisters share pictures on social media simply because it's a habit. Give a girl a kitten or a puppy and you'll see just as many pictures of it streamed on her social media. It's a new exciting thing for them so they share it. There's no ulterior reason or motive.

I do agree though, that many sisters -it seems- don't necessarily marry someone who is exactly suitable, or marry far too quickly after meeting their "suitor". I believe the cause of this are the social pressures many women face. We are threatened with a set "social clock". I still remember when my aunt sat us down to tell us that we'd all "expire" aged 21. That was during my early teens. That sort of panic "I need to find someone ASAP!" kind of makes you go for a spouse that might not be suited to you. But that doesn't mean sisters don't look to develop themselves after marriage. They do. Especially in terms of spirituality. You just don't see it. We can't see what goes on in people's homes, can we? 

As for mental health and physique, these are mostly worked on prior to marriage. No one wants a spouse with a package.

Hope that clears some things up :)

:ws: 

A lot of these new age females though continue to be brainwashed by media though. Men also 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Young Lion said:

A lot of these new age females though continue to be brainwashed by media though. Men also 

You're right, we all are. Always have been. It's the new form of propaganda and indoctrination. Unfortunately, there's no escaping it. Unless you live off grid maybe...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Young Lion said:

How come these days a lot of women just want to get married for the sake of getting married , as an end in itself?

Are there any women that want to get married to improve their physical self, mental , and purification of their soul? It doesn't seem like that any more. Nowadays a lot of women I know just want to get married so they can post pictures on social media about their perfect life 

hate to break it to you OP, but "marriage of convenience" and "marriage for status" have been around for as long as people have been around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, celestial said:

Actually, it is a reality.

Oh please, that original post has absolutely no factual academic value because it brings nothing to the table but a personal perception of how the world is going today. If any, it opens a debate. A perception that is also generalizing how women behave. If the field of sociology worked this way I wonder what type of papers we would read.

If there is any reality in that post, there are two things I am sure about:

- Its not all women and not a "new era".

- The OP himself referred to many women HE knows, not all women. Thus it is a personal perception, he is not stating a universal social reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Young Lion said:

How come these days a lot of women just want to get married for the sake of getting married , as an end in itself?

Are there any women that want to get married to improve their physical self, mental , and purification of their soul? It doesn't seem like that any more. Nowadays a lot of women I know just want to get married so they can post pictures on social media about their perfect life 

The fairy tale or their lonely? For both genders.  Boys do that too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...