Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why is the Bloodline of Muhammad so Important

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

The sahih hadith has Muhammad-saws quoted as saying that Imam Mahdi will be a descendent of Fatima.

This is why most of these genealogies have been completely tracked since then. The most prominent families are the Hashemites of Jordan and Iraq.

• Basic Members

The bloodline of the Holy Prophet Muhammad is not only important to Shias but also to Sunnis. The Holy Prophet Muhammad had at many places praised his family(Ahlul Bait). I am myself a Sayyid of Bukhari(Naqvi) descent and I'm very much respected by my Muslim brothers, Sunnis and Shias alike. The Holy Prophet Muhammad has said that he will do special Shafaat for his Ahlul Bait but it doesn't mean that if he(member of Ahlul Bait) is a big sinner will easily go to Paradise without any judgement by Allah. Hope you have understood why Muslims, not Shias alone, respect the bloodline of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

• Advanced Member

You're a christian and you know that God promised Abraham a.s. to bless and fortunate his ofspring in the Bible.

The veneration of the ofspring of Muhammad s.a.w.a.s. is a continuation of this promise of God to Abraham a.s.

They are not important because of their descendance only but also because divine leadership will come out of this ofspring.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, 6Roman6Catholic6 said:

Why is the bloodline of Prophet Muhammad so important to the Shia?

The prophet Abraham(as) asked Allah to give him the Words(kalamat), based on both sunni and shia sahih hadiths those Words are, Muhammad(sawa) ,Ali(as), Fatima(sa), Hassan(as), Hussein(as). Abraham wanted them to be of his descendant and he was tested for them, by being thrown in fire, leaving his son in desert and sacrificing his only son that he knew those 5 will be from him, The importance is in the bloodline as well as the raiser of the bloodline. The covenant of Allah is with this 5, which covenant? The one which is written in the bible, Genesis 17:20 is directly speaking of the pact with Ishmael(Ismael)(as) [Christian brothers and sisters here will argue me that the pact was with Issac(Ishaq)(as), which based on the bible I can prove that it was with Ishmael(as), but it requires a new topic] 

If you look at the Hebrew text of genesis 17:20 you will see the words "se-nem a-sar ne-si-m" which was translated to 10 and two princes while it\s exact translation is 12 Imams.

Genesis 17-20.JPG

and many other parts of bible such as these which each of them holds clues to the truth:

Genesis 17:20 ,23:06, 17,1 ,chapter21,

Deuteronomy 21:15,16...   , 18:15, 33:1-3, 

Ishaia 21:7

Psalms 84:4

Yet the truth is the bloodline of Issac(as) was important as well, before their corrouption yet for the sake of Abraham(as) Allah(swt) blessed that bloodline by joining them once again in one person, the father is from the bloodline of Ishmael(as) the mother is from Issac(as) and that person is 12th Imam, Imam Mahdi(af) who in the book of revelation chapter 12 it is written about him that he will rule the world with iron scepter,[Christians disagree this]. 

The importance does not ends here, not only to the infallible Imams, the rest of the bloodline are the bests as well, just look at the world, the world's best and greatest who stand against the tyranni of zionists and the current satanic world system are sayyeds, Khomeini(ra), Khameni(ha), Sayyed Hassan NasrolAllah(ha), AyatolAllah Sistani(ha), ... they are all sayyeds, This bloodline keeps the covenant of Allah(swt) until the reappearance occures to rise the divine kingdom of Imam Mahdi(af).

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, 6Roman6Catholic6 said:

Why is the bloodline of Prophet Muhammad so important to the Shia?

Why is the bloodline of Prophet David so important to the Christians?

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds - Descendants, some of them from others. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

^^ Virgin Mary (as) is the daughter of Imran.

Basically, God is in charge, from Adam to Judgement Day, He has His representatives on Earth to guide His Kingdom. The ever presence of God's Ambassadors on Earth.

• Veteran Member
On 8/14/2016 at 5:18 AM, Faruk said:

You're a christian and you know that God promised Abraham a.s. to bless and fortunate his ofspring in the Bible.

Salam Faruk,

True.

The veneration of the ofspring of Muhammad s.a.w.a.s. is a continuation of this promise of God to Abraham a.s.

Is there proof that Muhammad is from the ancestry of Ishmael,

Regardless, most Jewish people and many Christians believe that the line of promise is through Isaac, not Ishmael, and through Isaac's son Jacob, not Esau.

They are not important because of their descendance only but also because divine leadership will come out of this ofspring.

This is why Jesus' ancestry is so important.

It's interesting to read about what Muslims think of Muhammad's ancestry. Again, is there proof that his ancestry is from Ishmael? Thanks.

Peace and God bless you

1 hour ago, Christianlady said:

It's interesting to read about what Muslims think of Muhammad's ancestry. Again, is there proof that his ancestry is from Ishmael? Thanks.

Peace and God bless you

Yes, there are many sources that prove this. This is from Hayat al-Qulub vol. 2:

The well-known genealogy of the Holy Prophet (S) is as follows: Muhammad (S), son of Abdullah son of Abdul Muttalib son of Hashim son of Abde Manaf son of Qusayy son of Kilab son of Marrah son of Lavi son of Ghalib son of Fahar son of Malik son of Nuzayr son of Kananah son of Khuzaimah son of Madrakah son of Ilyas son of Mazar son of Nazar son of Maad son of Adnan son of Ov son of Alyasi son of Alhameesa son of Salaman son of Albant son of Hamal son of Qidar son of Ismail son of Ibrahim Khalil (a.s.) son of Tarukh son of Nakhur son of Sharoogh son of Arghu son of Faalagh son of Aabar son of Shaalakh son of Arfahshad son of Saam son of Nuh son of Malik son of Matushalakh son of Akhnoon son of Alyaaraz son of Mahlaail son of Feenaan son of Anoosh son of Sheeth son of His Eminence, Adam (a.s.).

• Veteran Member
21 hours ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Yes, there are many sources that prove this. This is from Hayat al-Qulub vol. 2:

Salam Ali al-Abdullah,

Thanks for answering my question. :)

I would like to compare some of it with the Biblical genealogy of Ishmael, just for curiosity's sake.

Gonna do that right now and get back to you.

Peace and God bless you

Just now, Christianlady said:

Salam Ali al-Abdullah,

Thanks for answering my question. :)

I would like to compare some of it with the Biblical genealogy of Ishmael, just for curiosity's sake.

Gonna do that right now and get back to you.

Peace and God bless you

No problem, and another thing I forgot to mention is that the names here are Arabic rendering of English and Hebrew. For example, Sheeth is Seth in Arabic. 

• Veteran Member
34 minutes ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

No problem, and another thing I forgot to mention is that the names here are Arabic rendering of English and Hebrew. For example, Sheeth is Seth in Arabic. 

Salam Ali al-Abdullah,

Thanks! Figured that. :) It's cool to see how similar some of the Arabic and Hebrew names are. I checked out the genealogy you referenced from Adam to Ishmael and it is quite similar to the Biblical genealogy! 

The Bible did not continue much into the descendants of Ishmael though, because the Children of Israel are not from Ishmael's line, but rather from the only son God gave to Abraham and Sarah: Isaac.

I assume that Muslims do not believe that God's eternal covenant is through Isaac, as the Bible says, yeah?

(I boldened some in the passage below.)

And Abraham said unto God: 'Oh that Ishmael might live before Thee!'

And God said: 'Nay, but Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son; and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him.

And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee; behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

But My covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.'

- Genesis 17:18-21

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0117.htm

Peace and God bless you

43 minutes ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Ali al-Abdullah,

Thanks! Figured that. :) It's cool to see how similar some of the Arabic and Hebrew names are. I checked out the genealogy you referenced from Adam to Ishmael and it is quite similar to the Biblical genealogy! 

The Bible did not continue much into the descendants of Ishmael though, because the Children of Israel are not from Ishmael's line, but rather from the only son God gave to Abraham and Sarah: Isaac.

I assume that Muslims do not believe that God's eternal covenant is through Isaac, as the Bible says, yeah?

And God said: 'Nay, but Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son; and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him.

And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee; behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

But My covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.'

Peace and God bless you

Yes, we believe that God, Exalted is He, chose the last Prophet (Muḥammad son of ʿAbd‘Allāh), peace be upon him and his Household, to be from the line of Ishmael.

5 minutes ago, andres said:

I calculated an average of 30 years between fathers and sons. Unrealistic???

You have to realize that in Islam we believe early humans lived for many hundred years, Adam lived for over 1000 years, Enoch over 500 years, Noah lived 2500 years, 950 of them as a Prophet.

• Basic Members

If you re-read what the Bible says about the promise to Issac, you will see that a promise to Ishmael is mentioned in passing.   The great gathering of the tribes that people were waiting for did not happen under Jesus. Prophet Mohammad brought  the ideology that is going to allow that great gathering to occur under the Mahdi when Jesus does return.

Prophet Mohammad's (PBUH)blood line does not just connect through Ishmael, he also connects to the house of David in some way, forgot how, Abraham. Not only is Prophet Mohammad's ideology the one for the gathering of the tribes, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is a physical representation of the gathering of the children of Abraham in his blood.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

You have to realize that in Islam we believe early humans lived for many hundred years, Adam lived for over 1000 years, Enoch over 500 years, Noah lived 2500 years, 950 of them as a Prophet.

Religious beliefs often trumps science. I did not know Muslims believe so.  

7 hours ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Ali al-Abdullah,

Peace and God bless you

Salam

Both Isaac and Ismael Linage is important. From these two linage one ends at Jesus (a) The other ends at prophet Mohammad and the 12 prince. The last Prince and Jesus will return before the end of times. Isn't it Ironic it is in the Genesis?

Here is the prophets tree from Adam:

family-tree-of-prophets.jpg

• Advanced Member

Will take time off from the Thoughts thread to just put in here: I have actually never heard any Christians anywhere discussing the bloodline of Mohammed.

The reason is simplicity itself and no intended insult to Islam....but when you believe the Revelation ended with your particular group...everything else becomes irrelevant.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Will take time off from the Thoughts thread to just put in here: I have actually never heard any Christians anywhere discussing the bloodline of Mohammed.

The reason is simplicity itself and no intended insult to Islam....but when you believe the Revelation ended with your particular group...everything else becomes irrelevant.

And everything becomes relevent, even proof found in adhoc sources

Genesis

17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect

21:12  And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

23:6 Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.

Isaiah 21:7 And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed:

Deuteronomy  

21 15,16 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:

16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:

23:06 Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever.

18:15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

33:1-3 

And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

2 And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

3 Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.

Psalms 84:4  Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Not in Islam. And God wrote the Quran.

Very many Muslims believe so. This is also the reason why Muslim countries have difficulties cathing up with Christian. I am certain this will change. Iran could be the first.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Iran isn't what youre being shown as in the West, I would rather live in Iran than where I currently live

Iran is a country with a rather well educated young population that can make up their own mind and do not need advice from the old conservative priests in power. These old priests will soon be dead, and a new well educated generation will rule in Iran. A generation that know to adapt Islam to the 21century.

Just now, andres said:

Iran is a country with a rather well educated young population that can make up their own mind and do not need advice from the old conservative priests in power. These old priests will soon be dead, and a new well educated generation will rule in Iran. A generation that know to adapt Islam to the 21century.

Old priest? And who are you to say what Iran needs? What do you know about Iran? Iran population YOUTH supports the Islamic Republic, Alhamdulillah. nice try buddy.