Jump to content

Nikkah Muttah and Father's permission

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I wants to marry a Girl Temporary for 2 years and wants to ask if it is necessory to take her Father's permission?


Her Father does not supports her financially and not in any way, not even does he pays for her food. She is from a broken family her mother and father have been seperated years ago, since the custody of her is now on her father she lives at his Home, but Her father does not supports her and even beats her for no reason, her granddad does not consider that Girl and her brother to be His son's Children. They have never had anything to eat at their home.. they eat from outside and at her mother's place as neither does Her father buys her anything to eat nor does he allows anything at home.. 

Am i suppose to take permission from such father? Her father never supported her Financially not even pays a little for her bread even forbids her to bring anything to eat at home . 

I love that Girl and she had just been reverted from Hinduism to Muslim shia. All her family is Hindu including Father.. and i wants to marry her once Temporary than permenantly in future. 

So i want to ask if it is necessory to ask Permission of her Father? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need the permission of father to do mutah if the father is non Muslim.

According to sistani a non Muslim does not have wilayat over a Muslim. 


مسألة 72 : يشترط في ولاية الاولياء ـ مضافاً الى العقل ـ الاِسلام إذا كان المولى عليه مسلماً فلا ولاية للاَب والجد إذا جُنّا، ولو جنّ احدهما اختصت الولاية بالآخر. وكذا لا ولاية للاَب الكافر على ولده المسلم، فتكون للجد إذا كان مسلماً، والظاهر ثبوت ولايته على ولده الكافر إذا لم يكن له جدّ مسلم وإلاّ فتكون الولاية له دونه.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Salam Alaykom my bro: 

Regarding to your condition, the girls doesn't need to seek permition of her father  Because her father doesn't have competency of permission.  

In the following situations, it will not be necessary for a woman to seek the permission of her father or paternal grandfather, before getting married:
If she is not a virgin. If she is a virgin, but her father or paternal grandfather refuse to grant permission to her for marrying a man who is compatible to her in the eyes of Shariah, as well as custom. If the father and the grandfather are not in any way willing to participate in the marriage. If they are not in a capacity to give their consent, like in the case of mental illness etc. If it is not possible to obtain their permission because of their absence, or such other reasons, and the woman is eager to get married urgently.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


If she's virgin, then it's necessary.

If she lost it(her virginity in a haram way), then yes it's necessary again.

If she lost it(her virginity in a halah way), there's no need for her father permission like if she divorced before.

If she lost it by an accident, then she needs the permission.

If she's not able to lose it (some women aren't able to lose it bcz of nature causes), life time permission needed no matter if she's divorce or not.

For specific Fatwa, ask your Marja'a.


Edited by Haimi

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...