Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The SC Revert Support Network

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Assalam.

this is what we call it, a true topic.

Tbh I'm just here for reverted people, to them.

Sacreficed many things for that, but this is my purpose for the rest of my life.

That's why we've not too many shias around the world, and this is one of the biggest reason that reverted people leaving shia religion.

Qum? They says this city is center of shia religion while i hear people (especially converted) in eu and us....has their difficulties to find a simple answer for their question.

THANKS GOD at least we've that ahlulbayt TV and this forum.

As a person who lives in Iran and had a complete islamic(shia) educations with perfect scholars and masters, i exactly know what kind of suffer and pain our brothers and sisters are enduring.

nice idea brother, good bless you.

Wassalam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

:salam: 

I think one way reverts within the UK could start integrating with their shia community is if they contact their local university ahl-albayt societies. In ours we have members who aren't university students (both young and old) attend our sessions and events also. This way, they build connections and can soon find themselves comfortable enough going to shia events on their own. Though they are always welcome to continue attending society events. 

That's one way. I wouldn't think reverts would be comfortable having a one-to-one sort of relationship with a stranger just because they happen to have adopted the same faith as said stranger. I'd love to see a poll on that on SC. In case I'm wrong, I'm happy to help out a revert sister. Being a university student, alhamdulilah, I have many female shia friends from all around england and wales. Unfortunately, I don't think any are from scotland. I could ask them to help you where you are with your shia local community :) So if you are revert sister within the UK, you can private message me and I'll see what I can do for you :) 

:ws: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yusur317 said:

:salam: 

I think one way reverts within the UK could start integrating with their shia community is if they contact their local university ahl-albayt societies. In ours we have members who aren't university students (both young and old) attend our sessions and events also. This way, they build connections and can soon find themselves comfortable enough going to shia events on their own. Though they are always welcome to continue attending society events. 

That's one way. I wouldn't think reverts would be comfortable having a one-to-one sort of relationship with a stranger just because they happen to have adopted the same faith as said stranger. I'd love to see a poll on that on SC. In case I'm wrong, I'm happy to help out a revert sister. Being a university student, alhamdulilah, I have many female shia friends from all around england and wales. Unfortunately, I don't think any are from scotland. I could ask them to help you where you are with your shia local community :) So if you are revert sister within the UK, you can private message me and I'll see what I can do for you :) 

:ws: 

excellent point! 

the IUS: https://www.ius.org.uk/ is a student organisation with a massive presence across the UK. they are very active all year round as well. 

the ABSOC is similar to IUS in the UK as well for students https://absoc.co.uk/ 

Mohebban al Mahdi is another large shia friendly group http://www.mohebban.org/ 

the "who is hussain" campaign is always looking for volunteers, good way to network https://whoishussain.org/get-involved/

finally the "shia professionals" is a London only group for (you guessed it) shia professionals. excellent connections and networkinging opportunities http://www.shiaprofessionals.org/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, Haimi said:

Assalam.

this is what we call it, a true topic.

Tbh I'm just here for reverted people, to them.

Sacreficed many things for that, but this is my purpose for the rest of my life.

That's why we've not too many shias around the world, and this is one of the biggest reason that reverted people leaving shia religion.

Qum? They says this city is center of shia religion while i hear people (especially converted) in eu and us....has their difficulties to find a simple answer for their question.

THANKS GOD at least we've that ahlulbayt TV and this forum.

As a person who lives in Iran and had a complete islamic(shia) educations with perfect scholars and masters, i exactly know what kind of suffer and pain our brothers and sisters are enduring.

nice idea brother, good bless you.

Wassalam.

Wa alikum alsalam,

As you are living in Iran and interested in helping reverts, are you aware of many organizations there that can send free books to reverts around the world?

Well, you are right regarding that most reverts choose to follow Sunni or even Salafis as they get more support from them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Well, can you name these organizations that you know, please?

I know about Musavilari, they sent many books to my revert friends in Mexico and the Philippines, but their books about the basics of Islam and I want books about the Ahlulbayt(as), their morals, knowledge,...and the differences between Sunni and Shia.

I know a lot of reverts around the world who want to get islamic books, so I hope that you can help me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zahra1 said:

Thank you,

Are there any sites for these organizations?

I need their e-mails.

check out the eimaan hujjat bookstore

http://www.hujjatbookshop.co.uk/

Not free but SUPER cheap. if its too expensive still, Just email them and ask them to send you free books. who knows? they probably would. they seem pretty cool I buy books from them all the time.

there is also the "Zahra Book Shop" part of the Iranian hussaynia, they might have the service you are looking for, give them a shout

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zahra-Bookshop/1492417500979221

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Thank you very much.

I know a few reverts who deal with hujjat bookstore and they help them much thru low prices of books after they knew that these books go to reverts to learn about Shia. I think that we need a lot of free books as I am in contact with a lot of reverts around the world.

I will send a message to the Zahra Book Shop, I hope to get support from them insha Allah.

Thank you for this useful thread.

I am sure this will help me in my initative to help reverts in the UK insha Allah

Link to post
Share on other sites

By my life or death, if i can help you or this cause, i will. You have my sword brother.

Great effort, and great and much needed incentive.

We clash a lot on some theology, but you have some great ideas and a great mind.

Edited by Tawheed313
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Alsalam alikum,

How do you reach to reverts there? Any plans about this?

Well, as for me, I try to find reverts in other forums or reverts groups on facebook, but I only help and keep in touch with female reverts. So if there is any brother here who wants to help male reverts, tell me, please? As there are many reverts who in need for help, they are in the UK, it is better to help them before they learn from salafis there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 3:10 PM, Zahra1 said:

Alsalam alikum,

How do you reach to reverts there? Any plans about this?

Well, as for me, I try to find reverts in other forums or reverts groups on facebook, but I only help and keep in touch with female reverts. So if there is any brother here who wants to help male reverts, tell me, please? As there are many reverts who in need for help, they are in the UK, it is better to help them before they learn from salafis there.

 

send any male reverts my way. if nothing else i will feed them up. I like feeding people.

CALL TO ARMS

On 8/18/2016 at 5:29 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

Revert support for brothers:

 

@Ali_Hussain

@Tawheed313

@Khadim uz Zahra

Revert Support for sisters

@zainabamy

@Zahra1

@yusur317

@Heavenly_Silk

 

can any of you donate some books for a potential revert, to be left at the Islamic Centre in Maida Vale? for further details PM me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DigitalUmmah said:

send any male reverts my way. if nothing else i will feed them up. I like feeding people.

CALL TO ARMS

can any of you donate some books for a potential revert, to be left at the Islamic Centre in Maida Vale? for further details PM me

I can donate a tonne of books. The issue is, i'd like to do it without giving away my details.

Can i mail them in annonymously or something

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

send any male reverts my way. if nothing else i will feed them up. I like feeding people.

CALL TO ARMS

can any of you donate some books for a potential revert, to be left at the Islamic Centre in Maida Vale? for further details PM me

http://www.ghbook.ir

And it's mobile application.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

I can donate a tonne of books. The issue is, i'd like to do it without giving away my details.

Can i mail them in annonymously or something

absolutely - PM me for further details. its books regarding debates with atheists from a shia perspective that are most needed, although of course pretty much anything is gratefully received. 

an example is the hadith of the myrobalan fruit (the famous hadith halila)

https://www.al-islam.org/tradition-myrobalan-fruit-hadith-al-halila-imam-jafar-al-sadiq 

things like this in book form would be ideal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DigitalUmmah said:

absolutely - PM me for further details. its books regarding debates with atheists from a shia perspective that are most needed, although of course pretty much anything is gratefully received. 

an example is the hadith of the myrobalan fruit (the famous hadith halila)

https://www.al-islam.org/tradition-myrobalan-fruit-hadith-al-halila-imam-jafar-al-sadiq 

things like this in book form would be ideal

Could i recommend a few books freely available online ?

There is one author - Ayatullah Mutahari, who is a giant in this paticular field, whose books i have read on exactly this issue and i have not seen any better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

Could i recommend a few books freely available online ?

There is one author - Ayatullah Mutahari, who is a giant in this paticular field, whose books i have read on exactly this issue and i have not seen any better.

nothing is better than his books r.a.

shahid Mutahhari is the best. he was the leader option before imam khamenei d.b but sadly they killed him.

Edited by Haimi
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haimi said:

nothing is better than his books r.a.

shahid Mutahhari is the best. he was the leader option before imam khamenei d.b but sadly they killed him.

sheikh mutaharis arguments in his book on imam Madhi (atfs) were nothing short of brilliant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...