Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Syed Agha

marrying a hindu

Rate this topic

salam to everyone

i am a muslim and i am in contact with a hindu girl........we have been friends together for aabout 3 years and we started to think marrrying wachother but i think we cant......she is good girl knows halaaal haraam.....and she is perfect .....is there any way marrying a hindu for a muslim....i cant think about any other girl and i want to halaal my relation but want to know the restriction or is there any way to marry her??

answers will be appreciated

6 minutes ago, Syed Agha said:

salam to everyone

i am a muslim and i am in contact with a hindu girl........we have been friends together for aabout 3 years and we started to think marrrying wachother but i think we cant......she is good girl knows halaaal haraam.....and she is perfect .....is there any way marrying a hindu for a muslim....i cant think about any other girl and i want to halaal my relation but want to know the restriction or is there any way to marry her??

only way is if she becomes Muslim.

even the sweat of a kaffir is najis. why would you want to marry such a person and have this nijasat in your childrens blood? how will you eat food prepared by a kaffir/ mushrik? 

is she a mushrik hindu, or does she not worship idols?

as mentioned the only way is if she becomes muslim. are all the muslim girls on planet earth dead, that you have to trot off into the sunset with a hindu? raise your game, kid. you are better than this, and are worth more than anything she can offer you. 

19 minutes ago, Syed Agha said:

salam to everyone

Ws,

The holy Quran states very clearly who you may marry, you may not marry a hindu.

How can you say she is perfect if she is not muslim to begin with? And what does it mean not to be muslim?

If you guys are good friends maybe you can try and talk to her about islam see how she stands on the subject.

Fi amanillah

3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Ws,

The holy Quran states very clearly who you may marry, you may not marry a hindu.

Would I be accurate to say that such a "marriage" would actually be counted as fornication in our fiqh, and any subsequent children would be classed as walidul zinah instead of halal birth?

13 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Would I be accurate to say that such a "marriage" would actually be counted as fornication in our fiqh, and any subsequent children would be classed as walidul zinah instead of halal birth?

Yes, since he already knows that marriage to a Hindu is not allowed.

4 minutes ago, BornShia said:

According to Zakir Naik, it is OK for a Muslim Shia girl to marry a Hindu man.

Zakir Naik is not even a Shi'a himself so I fail to see how his opinion on the issue is relevant. Moreover, as far as I know, even Sunnis don't allow marriage with Hindus.

EDIT: Having searched this myself, even he has the same opinion. He clearly states verses of the Qur'an that say that a Muslim cannot marry a non-Muslim. Indeed, he says, "It is not only right for a Muslim to ask the non-Muslim girl to convert, it is a must.'

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra

Just now, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Zakir Naik is not even a Shi'a himself so I fail to see how his opinion on the issue is relevant. Moreover, as far as I know, even Sunnis don't allow marriage with Hindus.

His video was about him not liking Shia. I was being sarcastic. The Syed in the OP should know the simple answer, that she need to convert.

4 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

EDIT: Having searched this myself, even he has the same opinion. He clearly states verses of the Qur'an that say that a Muslim cannot marry a non-Muslim. Indeed, he says, "It is not only right for a Muslim to ask the non-Muslim girl to convert, it is a must.'

No, it is not about a Muslim man marring a Hindu girl. It is about a Shia girl marring a Hindu man.

1 hour ago, Syed Agha said:

salam to everyone

If you really love her, invest some time in understanding your religion and reaching to a conclusion that it is indeed a straight path. Once you have reached that conclusion (InshaAllah), you can guide her too (without forcing). 

3 minutes ago, BornShia said:

According to Zakir Naik, it is OK for a Muslim Shia girl to marry a Hindu man.

I doubt it. I don't think this information is correct. (Not a Zakir Naik Fan, but I should still question every source)

4 minutes ago, BornShia said:

His video was about him not liking Shia. I was being sarcastic. The Syed in the OP should know the simple answer, that she need to convert.

1 minute ago, BornShia said:

No, it is not about a Muslim man marring a Hindu girl. It is about a Shia girl marring a Hindu man.

I see. You were being sarcastic, then. I apologise in that case.

I find it a contradiction that Islam allows Muslim men to marry Christian women without the latter having to change their religion. I know several Muslim men including Shia men who are married to Christian women who have not converted to Islam. About a year ago, my Shia friend married a Roman Catholic woman and she is still a practicing Roman Catholic. I beg to ask what is the difference between Christians who believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost i.e. the Christian Divine Trinity and the Hindu Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. Clearly, Christian beliefs fall within the ambit of 'Shirk' that is to believe in another being to have the divine essence and be a constituent of the Almighty i.e. as a son for the Almighty neither has a son or wife, or daughter and neither the Almighty was born from another and nor another was born from He [just a manner of speech otherwise the Almighty has no gender].

Christians do not believe in the Rasalat or Nabuwat of Muhammad and consider him to be a false Prophet and even the anti Christ. Christians Orthodox and Catholics similar to Hindus have idols of Saints, Mary mother of Jesus and idols and pictures of Jesus in their Churches. In these circumstances, I fail to understand why Islam allows marriage between Muslim men and Christian women and disallows marriage between Muslim men and Hindu women. Can someone enlighten me?    

Edited by pandit sukiman

she is not following hinddu religion and can be converted to our religion that was the point where i started searching as i know all rules and ragulation what our fiqah say about that...even i cant perform nikah but what if she converts..

the real question is that is she a muslim if she converts ........i t5hink she will be converting for something she wants not by her own desire in that case our nikah will also be sabotaged

16 minutes ago, pandit sukiman said:

I find it a contradiction that Islam allows Muslim men to marry Christian women without the latter having to change their religion. I know several Muslim men including Shia men who are married to Christian women who have not converted to Islam. About a year ago, my Shia friend married a Roman Catholic woman and she is still a practicing Roman Catholic. I beg to ask what is the difference between Christians who believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost i.e. the Christian Divine Trinity and the Hindu Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. Clearly, Christian beliefs fall within the ambit of 'Shirk' that is to believe in another being to have the divine essence and be a constituent of the Almighty i.e. as a son for the Almighty neither has a son or wife, or daughter and neither the Almighty was born from another and nor another was born from He [just a manner of speech otherwise the Almighty has no gender].

Christians do not believe in the Rasalat or Nabuwat of Muhammad and consider him to be a false Prophet and even the anti Christ. Christians Orthodox and Catholics similar to Hindus have idols of Saints, Mary mother of Jesus and idols and pictures of Jesus in their Churches. In these circumstances, I fail to understand why Islam allows marriage between Muslim men and Christian women and disallows marriage between Muslim men and Hindu women. Can someone enlighten me?    

Permanent marriage to Christians and Jews is not allowed in Shia fiqh. 

Moreover, the Trinity Christians are mushrik.

2 minutes ago, Syed Agha said:

she is not following hinddu religion and can be converted to our religion that was the point where i started searching as i know all rules and ragulation what our fiqah say about that...even i cant perform nikah but what if she converts..

the real question is that is she a muslim if she converts ........i t5hink she will be converting for something she wants not by her own desire in that case our nikah will also be sabotaged

Brother - if she is converting for the sake of marriage, then really you are only fooling or deluding yourself. Let me cite you a rather extreme example.

Umar bin Sa'ad tried his best to avoid a battle with Imam Hussain. Ibn Ziyad dangled the governorship of Rey (Tehran) as a reward should he fight and defeat Imam Hussain. Umar Bin Sa'ad chose Rey over eternal salvation.

So this girl is really your Rey? Hopefully you make a decision like Hurr and not Umar bin Sa'ad.

Yes, if she converts, your nikah will be valid.

Though, the marriage will be valid from a fiqh point of view, I would suggest the two of you take another look at your life. What is legal is not always right and if she doesn't actually believe in Islam, in the long term, once the blindfold of love has been removed by the hands of time, will you actually be able to live a harmonious life, if your worldviews do not match? Will your marriage actually be stable? Will she not be lying to herself if she converts? Those are also questions you must consider, beyond just the legality of your marriage.

i was about 90% confirmed that i cant marry just disscussed this topic if there is something.......before this i believed that i cant marry her my priority is my deen my fiqah ......i know human and thier feelings are just like weather and after a year or two we both will be happy in our lifes with a feeble thought of  eachother but what remains is me ,Allah and my religion

thanx for anyoone who shared thier knowledge.  khuda hafiz. Feeaman illah

Unfortunately, your reply is not satisfactory. You state that Shia Fiqh does not allow permanent Nikkah with Christian women. How do you define permanent and for how long can you keep them in your Nikkah? If they are mushrik why allow the Nikkah in the first place. Makes no sense. 

8 minutes ago, pandit sukiman said:

Unfortunately, your reply is not satisfactory. You state that Shia Fiqh does not allow permanent Nikkah with Christian women. How do you define permanent and for how long can you keep them in your Nikkah? If they are mushrik why allow the Nikkah in the first place. Makes no sense. 

You can do a Mutah (Temp Marriage with fixed and agreed upon terms) with a follower of an Abrahamic religion (Islam, Christianity or Judaism).

You can not enter into any type of marriage with any follower of a religion which is not of the Abrahamic religions  i.e. Hinduism, Buddhism, Wiccan, etc...

Edited by Akbar673

12 minutes ago, pandit sukiman said:

Salam brother,

There is no answer to your question. Anyone, who have studied Hinduism knows it is a Monotheist Religion.However, all the wars in the world are fought about my definition of monotheism is the TRUTH.

Take for example, ISIS who butcher other Muslims, mostly Shia accusing them about committing Shirk.

Monotheism has lead us to nothing but wars.

26 minutes ago, BornShia said:

Are you saying that the Shia Fiqh go against the Holy Quran?

I am not saying anything.

2406. A Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim, and a male Muslim also cannot marry a non-Muslim woman who are not Ahlul Kitab. However, there is no harm in contracting temporary marriage with Jewish and Christians women, but the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage. There are certain sects like Khawarij, Ghulat and Nawasib who claim to be Muslims, but are classified as non-Muslims. Muslim men and women cannot contract permanent or temporary marriage with them.

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2348/

Shiaman14, you state that temporary marriage i.e. muta'h is allowed with Jew and Christian women but not permanent nikkah. My friend your position is indefensible. In muta'h, at the outset, the period for which the nikkah is to exist is fixed. In other words, the parties are aware that their nikkah is for 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 years. There is no restriction on the time limit. What if the parties decide that the period of their nikkah is 99 years? You see how easy it is to circumvent the Sharia. By making the period of marriage fixed for 99 years, it still would be nikkah muta'h because it is for a fixed period albeit it is for 99 years but in practice the nikkah muta'h will last for a life time. You must come up with a better answer than the one you have given. The fact is that the teachings of Islam were closer to Judaism and Christianity in comparison to the pagans. It is my view, allowing marriage to Christians and Jews was a political move to bring the three communities closer without compromising the Muslim society because the Shari'a did not allow the Muslim women to marry non Muslims including Jews and Christians.

3 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

I am not saying anything.

2406. A Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim, and a male Muslim also cannot marry a non-Muslim woman who are not Ahlul Kitab. However, there is no harm in contracting temporary marriage with Jewish and Christians women, but the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage. There are certain sects like Khawarij, Ghulat and Nawasib who claim to be Muslims, but are classified as non-Muslims. Muslim men and women cannot contract permanent or temporary marriage with them.

LOL, when is Sistani Fiqh become Shia Fiqh. Ayatollah Sistani, whose taqleed I do, will never go against the Holy Quran. Let me break this down for you:

1. A Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim. Period. WHY? Because, it is the father who rules the house and makes the religion of the children.

2. And a male Muslim also cannot marry a non-Muslim woman who are not Ahlul Kitab. Means, he can marry Christians and Jews because they are Ahlul Kitab. Again, the father makes the religion. Umm al-Moumineen Bibi Maria was Christian and had a son called, Ibrahim who died at an early age.

3. However, there is no harm in contracting temporary marriage with Jewish and Christians women, but the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage. For a permanent marriage he should try to convert them to Islam.

I don't see above that Sistani doesn't allow permanent marriage with Ahlul Kitab, meaning Christians and Jews.

SHAKIR : Chapter, Verse 5

This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

No Marjai can go against the Holy Quran. Period.

Edited by BornShia

1 hour ago, BornShia said:

LOL, when is Sistani Fiqh become Shia Fiqh. Ayatollah Sistani, whose taqleed I do, will never go against the Holy Quran. Let me break this down for you:

1. A Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim. Period. WHY? Because, it is the father who rules the house and makes the religion of the children.

2. And a male Muslim also cannot marry a non-Muslim woman who are not Ahlul Kitab. Means, he can marry Christians and Jews because they are Ahlul Kitab. Again, the father makes the religion. Umm al-Moumineen Bibi Maria was Christian and had a son called, Ibrahim who died at an early age.

3. However, there is no harm in contracting temporary marriage with Jewish and Christians women, but the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage. For a permanent marriage he should try to convert them to Islam.

I don't see above that Sistani doesn't allow permanent marriage with Ahlul Kitab, meaning Christians and Jews.

No Marjai can go against the Holy Quran. Period.

you must have missed, " the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage "

55 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

you must have missed, " the obligatory precaution is that a Muslim should not take them in permanent marriage "

obligatory precaution

Question: What is the difference between the terms obligatory precaution and recommended precaution that I see in the books of Islamic laws?

Answer: Obligatory and recommended precaution are two jurisprudential terms that are used in the books of Islamic law to signify two very different concepts. When a marja’ issues a ruling using the term obligatory precaution he is allowing his followers to refer to the next most knowledgeable marja’ to see what his verdict on the matter is. The reason behind this might be that he has researched the issue but has not come to a conclusive opinion about it. When a marja’ issues a ruling using the term recommended precaution, his follow has the choice of following the precaution or not, but cannot refer to another marja’.

http://www.14publications.com/question-and-answer/difference-between-obligatory-and-recommended-precaution/

Here is the Quranic verse again, which is very clear. And, don't kid yourself into believing that Sistani is above the Holy Quran. Read the Quran, very, very carefully.

2 hours ago, BornShia said:

SHAKIR : Chapter, Verse 5

This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.