Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Shabbar_Abidi

ghadir kumm in sahi muslim link found

Rate this topic

This definitive, end of story proof can be used in debates with Sunni brothers and sisters,

http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/

Chapter: Virtues of companions: http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/sahihmuslim.cfm?scn=dspchapters&BookID=31

Subchapter: THE MERITS OF 'ALI B. ABI TALIB (ALLAAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM):http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/sahihmuslim.cfm?scn=dspchaptersfull&BookID=31&ChapterID=1002

Hadith #: No. 5920: http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/

Yazid b. Hayyan reported, I went along with Husain b. Sabra and 'Umar b. Muslim to Zaid b. Arqam and, as we sat by his side, Husain said to him: Zaid. you have been able to acquire a great virtue that you saw Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) listened to his talk, fought by his side in (different) battles, offered prayer behind me. Zaid, you have in fact earned a great virtue. Zaid, narrate to us what you heard from Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam). He said: I have grown old and have almost spent my age and I have forgotten some of the things which I remembered in connection with Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam), so accept whatever I narrate to you, and which I do not narrate do not compel me to do that. He then said: One day Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) stood up to deliver sermon at a watering place known as khumm situated between Mecca and Medina. He praised Allaah, extolled Him and delivered the sermon and. exhorted (us) and said: Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allaah's call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allaah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allaah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allaah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.

Shia: surely a great messenger of Allah would have left behind something to guide us.. 

Sunni: he did, Quran and Sunnah

Shia: I swear by the holy kaba'a that I will become Sunni if you show me one hadith in one of the Sahi's that says Quran and Sunnah I will become Sunni.

Sunni: What is the hadith then?

Shia: Quran and ahl ul bayt.

Sunni: Prove it...

You know what to do....

Wsalaam

Edited by Shabbar_Abidi
spelled sahi wrong

5 hours ago, Shabbar_Abidi said:

This definitive, end of story proof can be used in debates with Sunni brothers and sisters,

http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/

Chapter: Virtues of companions: http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/sahihmuslim.cfm?scn=dspchapters&BookID=31

Subchapter: THE MERITS OF 'ALI B. ABI TALIB (ALLAAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM):http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/sahihmuslim.cfm?scn=dspchaptersfull&BookID=31&ChapterID=1002

Hadith #: No. 5920: http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/

Yazid b. Hayyan reported, I went along with Husain b. Sabra and 'Umar b. Muslim to Zaid b. Arqam and, as we sat by his side, Husain said to him: Zaid. you have been able to acquire a great virtue that you saw Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) listened to his talk, fought by his side in (different) battles, offered prayer behind me. Zaid, you have in fact earned a great virtue. Zaid, narrate to us what you heard from Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam). He said: I have grown old and have almost spent my age and I have forgotten some of the things which I remembered in connection with Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam), so accept whatever I narrate to you, and which I do not narrate do not compel me to do that. He then said: One day Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) stood up to deliver sermon at a watering place known as khumm situated between Mecca and Medina. He praised Allaah, extolled Him and delivered the sermon and. exhorted (us) and said: Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allaah's call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allaah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allaah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allaah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.

Shia: surely a great messenger of Allah would have left behind something to guide us.. 

Sunni: he did, Quran and Sunnah

Shia: I swear by the holy kaba'a that I will become Sunni if you show me one hadith in one of the Sahi's that says Quran and Sunnah I will become Sunni.

Sunni: What is the hadith then?

Shia: Quran and ahl ul bayt.

Sunni: Prove it...

You know what to do....

Wsalaam

Brother read this hadith again and again and again. it is not in favor of twelver shias at all in any sense. Not even a single sentence of it.

Prophet said for guidance it is book of Allah, not ahlebayt. Hold fast to it (Quran). Not to ahlebayt. Read carefully.

I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allaah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allaah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allaah.

For guidance he mentioned only Book of Allah and Book of Allah says follow Prophet, meaning his sunnah, his way of life.

For ahlebait he only said the following words.

The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family.

And what is meant by ahlebayt here. Sahabi Zaid bin Arqam is giving the answer.

Aren't his wives the members of his family?

Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family

(but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden.

And he said: Who are they?

Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas.

Is this hadith really in favor of twelver shias? Or a clear refutation to their major beliefs regarding ahlebayt.

Edited by Fahad Sani

9 hours ago, Shabbar_Abidi said:

Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali

Meaning offspring of both Imam Hassan a.s and Imam Hussain a.s. Now lets see what was their belief about ghadir khum (divine appointment) and theory of imamate of twelver shias.

Zaid bin Ali bin Hussain bin Ali bin Abi Talib used to say “Imam among us is not that who sits in his house and bring down his curtains (i.e. close his doors) and discourage Jihad but the Imam among us is that who protects what is in his possession and domain and fight for the sake of Allah a true Jihad, and who defended his followers and safeguard his harem.”  Kulayni: Kafi vol-1

Abdullah bin Hassan bin Hassan bin Ali bin Abi Talib was however, rejecting the idea of confining the Imamate to the house of Hussain. He says disparagingly “How did Imamate become confined to the children of Hussain and not of Hassan, while the two are the leaders of the youths in paradise? They are equal in virtue, only that Hassan has another virtue over Hussain, that of being the elder. It becomes mandatory then that leadership (Imamate) must be in the one with more virtues". Saduq: Ikmal al-Din vol-1

Muhammad Dhu al-Nafs al-Zakiyyah bin Abdullah bin Hassan bin Hassan bin Ali bin Abi Talib then appeared in Madinah, in the beginning of Rajab of the year 145 A.H and declared that he is the most deserving of the Caliphate among the children of the Immigrants (Muhajirin). He pointed that all the major centers of Islamic world have paid their allegiance to him. He encouraged people to pay their allegiance to him due to the allegiance of the nobles among the children of Hashim given to him. Tabari: Vol 6. P.188 –190

Isfahani in his “Maqatil al-Talibiyyin reported that Jafar Sadiq allowed his two sons Musa and Abdullah to join the revolt of Muhammad bin Abdullah in Madinah. Muhammad had wanted to exempt them from participating in it, but Ja’far insisted on that, as an expression of his support for the movement of Dhu al-Nafs al-Zakiyyah.

Where was twelver theory of Imamat at that time? Even members of ahlebayt both from progeny of Imam Hassan a.s and Imam Hussain a.s were anware about divine appointment of 12 Imams.

Edited by Fahad Sani

1 hour ago, igotquestions said:

They (as) sure didn't believe in some made up belief of 12 Imams that's for sure. 

They did say they were representative of ahlulbayt right? 

And nobody said no you are not it's only 12 imams ? As there is a,hadith of 12 leaders from quraish ?

The First Transmission

The report of Shaykh al-Saduq (ra) from Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (as), on the authority of Jabir ibn ‘Abd Allah al-Ansari saying: I entered the presence of Fatimah (as) while a tablet was in front of her which contained the names of the successors from her progeny. I counted them to be twelve, the last being al-Qa’im. There were three named Muhammad and four ‘Ali, may the blessings of Allah be upon them all.20

The Second Transmission

This transmission contains prophecies of the unseen. The content of this tradition prove it to be issued from the infallible. The greatest of our experts in traditions have reported it, like Shaykh al-Saduq, Shaykh al-Mufid and Shaykh al-Tusi, may Allah increase their status. They have reported it on the authority of ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Salim, on the authority of Abu Basir from al-Imam al-Sadiq (as) saying: My father (as) said to Jabir ibn ‘Abd Allah al-Ansari:

I have a matter to discuss with you. When do you have time so that I can sit alone with you and discuss it? Jabir replied to him: Whenever you want. One day my father sat down with him and said: O Jabir, tell me about the tablet which you saw in the hand of my grandmother, Fatimah the daughter of the Messenger of Allah (as). What did my mother inform you about what is written in that tablet?

Jabir said: I take Allah as my witness that one day I entered the presence of your mother Fatimah (as) during the life of the Messenger of Allah (S). Thus, I congratulated her on the birth of al-Husayn. I saw in her hands a green tablet. I thought it was made of emerald. It had white writing like that of the colour of the sun. I asked her: May my father and mother be your ransom, O daughter of the Messenger of Allah (S). What is this tablet? She answered: This is the tablet that Allah gave to his Messenger (S) as a gift. It contains the names of my father, my husband, my two sons and the successors from my progeny. My father gave it to me to give me the glad tidings. Jabir said: Your mother Fatimah (as) gave it to me. I read it and made a copy from it.

My father said to him: O Jabir, can you show it to me? Jabir replied: Yes. Then my father walked with him to his house. My father took out a fine paper and said: O Jabir, look in your book while I read to you. Therefore, Jabir looked in his copy while my father read to him. Not a single word differed between the two. Jabir says: I take Allah as my witness that that is how I saw it written in the tablet:....

https://www.al-islam.org/principles-faith-usul-al-din-husayn-vahid-khorasani/twelve-imams#first-transmission

The Twelve Imams (as)

What has preceded are concise proofs on the issue of divine leadership in the righteous school of thought. The Shi’ahs believe that the divine leaders of the Muslims after the Prophet (S) are the Twelve Infallible Imams (as) and that the Prophet (S) specified them as:

First: Al-Imam ‘Ali ibn Abu Talib, Commander of the Faithful [Amir al-Mu’minin] (as)

Second: Al-Imam al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali, the Oldest Grandson [al-Sibt al-Akbar] (as)

Third: Al-Imam al-Husayn ibn ‘Ali, Master of the Martyrs [Sayyid al-Shuhada’] (as)

Fourth: Al-Imam ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn, Beauty of the Worshippers [Zayn al-’Abidin] (as)

Fifth: Al-Imam Muhammad ibn ‘Ali, the Splitter of Knowledge [al-Baqir] (as)

Sixth: Al-Imam Ja’far ibn Muhammad, the Truthful [al-Sadiq] (as)

Seventh: Al-Imam Musa ibn Ja’far, the Controller of anger [al-Kadhim] (as)

Eighth: Al-Imam ‘Ali ibn Musa, the Content [al-Rida] (as)

Ninth: Al-Imam Muhammad ibn ‘Ali, the Generous [al-Jawad] (as)

Tenth: Al-Imam ‘Ali ibn Muhammad, the guide [al-Hadi] (as)

Eleventh: Al-Imam al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali, the Soldier [al-’Askari] (as)

Twelfth: Al-Imam al-Hujjat ibn al-Hasan al-’Askari, the Rightly Guided, the Awaited [al-Mahdi al-Mawud] (as)

Previous proofs on the divine leadership of the Commander of the Faithful ‘Ali (as) are sufficient. However, a separate discussion on the proofs of the divine leadership of each one of the Imams (as) is necessary regarding his knowledge, acceptance of the prayer and the stipulation of the previous divine leader [Imam].

The objective of this chapter is to state the glad tidings in the Prophetic traditions about the Twelve Imams (as) in Sunni sources, which have been transmitted with the title of ‘Twelve Khalifas’ and ‘Twelve Amirs’. Below are some of them:

It has come in Sahih al-Bukhari: It is reported on the authority of Jabir ibn Samurah that he said: I heard the Prophet (S) saying: There will be Twelve Commanders. He says that he (S) then said something I did not hear, so my father told me that he said that they will all be from Quraysh.1

It has come in Sahih Muslim: It is reported on the authority of Jabir ibn Samurah that he said: I entered the presence of the Prophet (S) with my father. I heard him (S) saying: Surely this command will not end until there will be Twelve Successors [Khalifah]. He says that he then said something quietly, so I asked my father: What did he (S) say? He replied: They are all from Quraysh.2

It has come in both Sahih Muslim and Musnad of Ahmad: It is reported on the authority of Jabir ibn Samurah that he said: I heard the Prophet (S) saying: The command of the people will not pass until twelve men command over them. He says that the Prophet (S) then said something which I could not hear, so I asked my father: What did he (S) say? He replied: The Prophet (S) said: They will all be from Quraysh.3

It has come in Sahih Ibn Habban: I heard the Messenger of Allah (S) saying:There will be twelve successors after me and all of them will be from Quraysh.4

It has come in Sunan al-Tirmidhi: There will be Twelve Commanders after me.The reporter says: He then said something I did not understand. Therefore, I asked the one beside me, he said: All of them will be from Quraysh.5

It has come in Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal: There will be Twelve Successors after me and all of them will be from Quraysh.6

And it has also come: There will be Twelve Commanders after me. Then I don’t know what he said so I asked all the people present, they all said: He (S) said:They are all from Quraysh.7

It has come in Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal: There will be Twelve Commanders after me. Then he said something I could not hear, so I asked someone beside me, and he said: They are all from Quraysh.8

It has in Musnad Ahmad: There will be Twelve Commanders after me. Then he said something quietly. The reporter says that I asked someone sitting next to me about what he (S) said? He replied: They are all from Quraysh.9

It has come in Musnad by Ibn Ju’d: There will be Twelve Commanders afer me.Husayn has reported in his narration that then he said something I did not understand. One reporter said that I asked my father. Another said that I asked the people. The reply was: They are all from Quraysh.10

It has come in Musnad Abu Ya’la: The Prophet (S) said: This relgion will remain till the Day of Judgment and there will be Twelve Successors over you, all of whom will be from Quraysh.11

It has come in Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal: It is reported on the authority of Jabir ibn Samurah that he said: The Messenger of Allah (S) delivered a sermon to us in ‘Arafat saying: This matter will remain honourable, mighty and distinct against the opposition so long as the Twelve have the sovereignty, all of them.Then he (S) said something that I did not understand, so I asked my father about what he said after that. Thus, he replied: All of them are from Quraysh.12

It has come in al-Mustadrak al-Hakim: It is reported from Masruq that he said: One night we were sitting with ‘Abd Allah. He was reading us the Qur’an. One man asked him, “O Abu ‘Abd al-Rahman, did you all ask the Messenger of Allah (S), how many caliphs will rule this nation? ‘Abd Allah replied, “No one before you have asked me this since I have come to Iraq. Yes, we did ask him and he (S) said: Twelve, the number of the chieftains of the Children of Isra’il.”13

The traditions regarding this topic are numerous.14 Their transmissions are from the best of the companions, like Ibn ‘Abbas, Ibn Mas’ud, Salman al-Farisi, Abu Sa’id al-Khudri, Abu Dharr, Jabir ibn Samurah, Jabir ibn ‘Abd Allah, Anas ibn Malik, Zayd ibn Thabit, Zayd ibn Arqam, Abu Thumamah, Wathilah ibn al-Asqa’, Abu Ayyub al-Ansari, ‘Ammar ibn Yasir, Hudhayfah ibn Usayd, ‘Imran ibn Husayn, Sa’d ibn Malik, Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman, Abu Qutadah al-Ansari and others.

Here we number some significant points in these traditions:

The number of the successors (of the Prophet) is restricted to twelve.

These twelve successors will continue till the Day of Judgment.

The honour of Islam and the Muslims is dependent on their obedience.

The religion will be established both intellectually and practically through them, because the intellectual establishment of religion will take place through the commentator of the Qur’an and through the one who explains its realities and cognitions. The practical establishment will take place through the executor of its laws and just rules. These two important goals cannot be achieved except under special circumstances with these twelve divine leaders.

Choosing the example of the chieftains of the Children of Isra’il from all other examples is significant, because their succession was not chosen by people, rather it was specified by Allah. Thus, Allah, the Exalted, said about the chieftains:

And We raised up among them twelve chieftains.15

These divine leaders [Imams] are from Quraysh.

Are there any caliphs who have these specifications, except for those on the Right Path? Is it possible to define the Twelve Divine Leaders except with our divine leaders (as)? Has the honour of Islam and its aims been achieved during the caliphate of Yazid son of Mu’awiyyah and his likes?

Some of the learned researchers of the Sunnis have admitted that the glad tidings of the Prophet (S) cannot be implied onto any but the twelve divine leaders (as). Thus, it has come in Yanabi’ al-Mawaddah of al-Qanduzi:

“Some of the researchers have said: Surely, the traditions indicating that the successors of the Prophet (S) will be twelve are famous and from many different chains of transmissions. With the passing of time and the change of circumstances, it is known that the intent of the Messenger of Allah (S) from this tradition was the twelve Imams from his Household and Progeny.

For it is not possible to apply this tradition onto the caliphs that came after him from his companions as they were less than twelve. It cannot be applied to the Ummayyad kings as they were more than twelve; also, because of their horrible oppression, except for ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-’Aziz. Furthermore, they were not Hashimites.

Based on the tradition from ‘Abd al-Malik on the authority of Jabir: The Prophet (S) said: They are all from Bani Hashim. This tradition is preferred over the other one because of the claim of the low voice of the Prophet (S), because the other narrators do not like the succession of the Hashimites. It also cannot be applied to the ‘Abbaside kings as they were more than twelve as well, and also because they did not abide by the verse:

Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives.16

Thus, this tradition must be applied to the twelve Imams from his Household and Progeny (as), because they were the most learned of their time, the most honourable, the most splendid, the most pious, the most devout, the highest in nobility, the best in family and the best before Allah.

Their knowledge was from their forefathers, which was connected to their great-grandfather the Prophet (S). It was hereditary and directly imparted by Allah. The knowledgeable, the researchers, the mystics and the fortunate have recognised them as such.”17

The intent of the Prophet (S) about the twelve successors is the twelve Imams from his Household (as). The tradition of the Two Weighty Things and other traditions mentioned in this book and elsewhere bear witness to and prefer this fact.

It is reported from al-Suday in his Commentary (of the Qur’an), who is a Sunni scholar and is trustworthy for them, “When Sarah began to dislike the position of Hajar, Allah, the Exalted, revealed to Ibrahim: Leave with Isma’il and his mother for the house of the assigned Prophet (S). For indeed, I will spread your progeny (on Earth) and will give them power over the ones who deny me. I will make from his Progeny twelve great men.”18

The above also confirms what is in the present day Torah:

And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.19

https://www.al-islam.org/principles-faith-usul-al-din-husayn-vahid-khorasani/twelve-imams

On 8/9/2016 at 2:59 PM, Fahad Sani said:

And he said: Who are they?

Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas.

In your stupid haste and glee :), you keep on forgetting that Alhul Bayt is properly defined in Hadith al-Kisa. Zakat is haram on Prophet's children, however in your stupidity you keep on forgetting:

1. The Hadith al-Khalifatan (two Khalifas) doesn't mention abu Bakr, Omar and/or Usman.

2, The Hadith al-Thaqalayn, In Sahih Muslims, he (Muslim) lists this hadiths under the merits of Imam Ali and no one else. Not abu Bakr, Omar and/or Usman.

3. Hadith al-Kisa, the Ahlul Bayt are defined, and they don't include abu Bakr, Omar and/or Usman.

Try Harder! :) Allah is TRUTH.

Burn your akhriat by hiding the Truth (Kafir) for the sake of companions.

Qur'an 33:33 & 3:61 

It is very hard for any intelligent average/layperson to accept, people who could not properly guide them selves, and allegedly repented(?) for major sins/mistakes. Are included in this directive. (with out raising serious doubts about the whole message, and its ultimate origin) 

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

"I saw the Messenger of Allah during his Hajj, on the Day of 'Arafah. He was upon his camel Qaswa, giving a Khutbah, so he said: 'O people! Indeed, I have left among you, that which if you hold fast to it, you shall not go astray: The Book of Allah and my family, the people of my house.'"

حَدَّثَنَا نَصْرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الْكُوفِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا زَيْدُ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ، هُوَ الأَنْمَاطِيُّ عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي حَجَّتِهِ يَوْمَ عَرَفَةَ وَهُوَ عَلَى نَاقَتِهِ الْقَصْوَاءِ يَخْطُبُ فَسَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي قَدْ تَرَكْتُ فِيكُمْ مَا إِنْ أَخَذْتُمْ بِهِ لَنْ تَضِلُّوا كِتَابَ اللَّهِ وَعِتْرَتِي أَهْلَ بَيْتِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ وَأَبِي سَعِيدٍ وَزَيْدِ بْنِ أَرْقَمَ وَحُذَيْفَةَ بْنِ أَسِيدٍ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَهَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ مِنْ هَذَا الْوَجْهِ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَزَيْدُ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ قَدْ رَوَى عَنْهُ سَعِيدُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ وَغَيْرُ وَاحِدٍ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ ‏.‏

Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

English reference

: Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3786

Arabic reference

: Book 49, Hadith 4155

http://sunnah.com/urn/636690

Narrated Umm Salamah:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) put a garment over Al-Hasan, Al-Hussain, 'Ali and Fatimah, then he said: 'O Allah, these are the people of my house and the close ones, so remove the Rijs from them and purify them thoroughly." So Umm Salamah said: 'And am I with them, O Messenger of Allah?' He said: "You are upon good."'

حَدَّثَنَا مَحْمُودُ بْنُ غَيْلاَنَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أَحْمَدَ الزُّبَيْرِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ زُبَيْدٍ، عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ، عَنْ أُمِّ سَلَمَةَ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم جَلَّلَ عَلَى الْحَسَنِ وَالْحُسَيْنِ وَعَلِيٍّ وَفَاطِمَةَ كِسَاءً ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ هَؤُلاَءِ أَهْلُ بَيْتِي وَخَاصَّتِي أَذْهِبْ عَنْهُمُ الرِّجْسَ وَطَهِّرْهُمْ تَطْهِيرًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَتْ أُمُّ سَلَمَةَ وَأَنَا مَعَهُمْ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّكِ إِلَى خَيْرٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ وَهُوَ أَحْسَنُ شَيْءٍ رُوِيَ فِي هَذَا الْبَابِ ‏.‏ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ وَأَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ وَأَبِي الْحَمْرَاءِ وَمَعْقِلِ بْنِ يَسَارٍ وَعَائِشَةَ ‏.‏

Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

English reference

: Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3871

Arabic reference

: Book 49, Hadith 4245

http://sunnah.com/urn/637590

Narrated 'Umar bin Abi Salamah - the step-son of the Prophet (ﷺ):

"When these Ayat were revealed to the Prophet (ﷺ): 'Allah only wishes to remove the Rijs from you, O members of the family, and to purify you with a thorough purification...' (33:33) in the home of Umm Salamah, he called for Fatimah, Hasan, Husain, and wrapped him in the cloak, then he said: 'O Allah! These are the people of my house, so remove the Rijs from them, and purify them with a thorough purification.' So Umm Salamah said: 'And am I with them O Messenger of Allah?' He said: 'You are in your place, and you are more virtuous to me.'"

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ الأَصْبَهَانِيُّ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ عُبَيْدٍ، عَنْ عَطَاءِ بْنِ أَبِي رَبَاحٍ، عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، رَبِيبِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ نَزَلَتْ هَذِهِ الآيَةُ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلمَّ ‏:‏ ‏(‏ إنمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا ‏)‏ فِي بَيْتِ أُمِّ سَلَمَةَ فَدَعَا النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَاطِمَةَ وَحَسَنًا وَحُسَيْنًا فَجَلَّلَهُمْ بِكِسَاءٍ وَعَلِيٌّ خَلْفَ ظَهْرِهِ فَجَلَّلَهُ بِكِسَاءٍ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ هَؤُلاَءِ أَهْلُ بَيْتِي فَأَذْهِبْ عَنْهُمُ الرِّجْسَ وَطَهِّرْهُمْ تَطْهِيرًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ أُمُّ سَلَمَةَ وَأَنَا مَعَهُمْ يَا نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ أَنْتِ عَلَى مَكَانِكِ وَأَنْتِ إِلَى خَيْرٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ أُمِّ سَلَمَةَ وَمَعْقِلِ بْنِ يَسَارٍ وَأَبِي الْحَمْرَاءِ وَأَنَسٍ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَهَذَا حَدِيثٌ غَرِيبٌ مِنْ هَذَا الْوَجْهِ ‏.‏

Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

\English reference

: Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3787

Arabic reference

: Book 49, Hadith 4156

http://sunnah.com/urn/636700

Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported on the authority of his father that Muawiya b. Abi Sufyan appointed Sa'd as the Governor and said:

What prevents you from abusing Abu Turab (Hadrat 'Ali), whereupon be said: It is because of three things which I remember Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having said about him that I would not abuse him and even if I find one of those three things for me, it would be more dear to me than the red camels. I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) say about 'Ali as he left him behind in one of his campaigns (that was Tabuk). 'Ali said to him: Allah's Messenger, you leave me behind along with women and children. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there is no prophethood after me. And I (also) heard him say on the Day of Khaibar: I would certainly give this standard to a person who loves Allah and his Messenger, and Allah and his Messenger love him too. He (the narrator) said: We had been anxiously waiting for it, when he (the Holy Prophet) said: Call 'Ali. He was called and his eyes were inflamed. He applied saliva to his eyes and handed over the standard to him, and Allah gave him victory. (The third occasion is this) when the (following) verse was revealed: "Let us summon our children and your children." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) called 'Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Husain and said: O Allah, they are my family.

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبَّادٍ، - وَتَقَارَبَا فِي اللَّفْظِ - قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا حَاتِمٌ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ - عَنْ بُكَيْرِ بْنِ مِسْمَارٍ، عَنْ عَامِرِ بْنِ سَعْدِ بْنِ أَبِي وَقَّاصٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ أَمَرَ مُعَاوِيَةُ بْنُ أَبِي سُفْيَانَ سَعْدًا فَقَالَ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَنْ تَسُبَّ أَبَا التُّرَابِ فَقَالَ أَمَّا مَا ذَكَرْتُ ثَلاَثًا قَالَهُنَّ لَهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَلَنْ أَسُبَّهُ لأَنْ تَكُونَ لِي وَاحِدَةٌ مِنْهُنَّ أَحَبُّ إِلَىَّ مِنْ حُمْرِ النَّعَمِ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ لَهُ خَلَّفَهُ فِي بَعْضِ مَغَازِيهِ فَقَالَ لَهُ عَلِيٌّ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ خَلَّفْتَنِي مَعَ النِّسَاءِ وَالصِّبْيَانِ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ أَمَا تَرْضَى أَنْ تَكُونَ مِنِّي بِمَنْزِلَةِ هَارُونَ مِنْ مُوسَى إِلاَّ أَنَّهُ لاَ نُبُوَّةَ بَعْدِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَسَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ ‏"‏ لأُعْطِيَنَّ الرَّايَةَ رَجُلاً يُحِبُّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَيُحِبُّهُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَتَطَاوَلْنَا لَهَا فَقَالَ ‏"‏ ادْعُوا لِي عَلِيًّا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَأُتِيَ بِهِ أَرْمَدَ فَبَصَقَ فِي عَيْنِهِ وَدَفَعَ الرَّايَةَ إِلَيْهِ فَفَتَحَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَلَمَّا نَزَلَتْ هَذِهِ الآيَةُ ‏{‏ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءَنَا وَأَبْنَاءَكُمْ‏}‏ دَعَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلِيًّا وَفَاطِمَةَ وَحَسَنًا وَحُسَيْنًا فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ هَؤُلاَءِ أَهْلِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2404 d

In-book reference : Book 44, Hadith 50

USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 31, Hadith 5915

http://sunnah.com/muslim/44/50