Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abbas.

People's court

Rate this topic

Salams 

We do not allow members to discuss decisions taken by mods in public. Most of you who have been here long enough know that. Now I know that some of you dislike this policy and can't stand the sight of our team. So this thread can be an opportunity to vent your spleen, however, in a constructive manner. 

There is no harm in receiving general feed back on mods, admins, chat mods and Dev. team. But let's make it interesting.....

We'll pick a member of the team. And you will provide your feedback by challenging their moderating style and/or general behaviour/attitude towards members. You can also refer to their great or poor contribution/advice (content) in various threads. Your constructive criticism can include a mod's weaknesses and strengths as a whole with examples to make your case interesting and credible. 

Team members, being the defendants, will have the right to defend themselves with counter arguments.

Majority* decides. After a week or so (or even more, depending on the length of debate), we will create a post asking for a final decision (guilty or not). 

*majority here refers to senior members or new members who have been active in the last 3-6 months at least. Feedback from new comers and those less known or inactive will have less impact. 

-------------------------------------

So let's start with the two mods who were elected by members as their representatives; Starlight and Magma. Starlight first. 

Starlight is our forum doctor who is quick at offering general clinical assistance to those who need it. She is also quite active both in the forum and the Chat room. I have not received any complaint against her. But I wonder if she has fulfilled her promises to the members who elected her? You decide. You ask questions....You raise hell against this fellow nobel. 

----------------------------------

Sis @hameedeh, can you keep an eye on this thread in my absence. thx

I like all the mods on ShiaChat - even the ones who put temporary bans on me (twice for trolling trolls).

But my favorite is Sister @hameedeh. Her posts are very insightful, fair and always to the point.

Jazakhallah khair for all the mods.

5 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

I like all the mods on ShiaChat - even the ones who put temporary bans on me (twice for trolling trolls).

But my favorite is Sister @hameedeh. Her posts are very insightful, fair and always to the point.

Jazakhallah khair for all the mods.

That's your diplomatic statement and well noted. But let's focus on this wanna be mod ( @starlight) who promised so much but delivered so little. No?

Just now, starlight said:

Heyyy.... whose side are you on??? 

e1a4be2f86990e3d528f68c5349c30d2.jpg

haha We've been living in our perfect bubble for too long. I frankly want them to tear us apart.... to put us in our (humble) place (in an academic setting, of course). 

This is not an attack on Magma or my opportunity to pour my hatred on him. He seems like a genuine and smart person but there are some aspects of him that I dislike from what I have observed. He should nevertheless continue being Mod since his quite passionate and engaged with this site. He should take this as some genuine criticism and hopefully strive to do better in return.

Magma should stop with the smart aleck attitude. He is always making one personal attack after another, in this way he tries to bring others down. Whether it be on people like Wahdat as I have seen or myself.

Lot of his posts are overly sarcastic and contentious. Where he tries so hard to make him out to be some sort of hero or saviour behind the computer monitor, even when the other person has good friendly intentions.

This is his unfortunately typical attitude. “I know what you don't know, and what I know is the ultimate truth, oh and I can't be bothered to explain what I know, the way I think to you pathetic mislead fool!"

Just letting you know this post by him below was a little before he became a mod. This particular post targeting me below was insensitive and rude. If only he did less assumptions and attacks about someone else who he doesn't know an ounce about on the internet. Its shocks that anyone could ever assume such of a fellow brother. But is there some change? Maybe a little bit but still pretty reflective of him in some ways.

NleuPTQ.png

Edited by Zendegi

2 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

haha We've been living in our perfect bubble for too long. I frankly want them to tear us apart.... to put us in our (humble) place (in an academic setting, of course). 

Okey dokey...... :)

Here *** hands over dagger to members***  

Have fun...  

4 minutes ago, Zendegi said:

This is not an attack on Magma or my opportunity to pour my hatred on him. He seems like a genuine and smart person but there are some aspects of him that I dislike from what I have observed. He should nevertheless continue being Mod since his quite passionate and engaged with this site. He should take this as some genuine criticism and hopefully strive to do better in return.

Magma should stop with the smart aleck attitude. He is always making one personal attack after another, in this way he tries to bring others down. Whether it be on people like Wahdat as I have seen or myself.

Lot of his posts are overly sarcastic and contentious. Where he tries so hard to make him out to be some sort of hero or saviour behind the computer monitor, even when the other person has good friendly intentions.

This is unfortunately typical attitude. “I know what you don't know, and what I know is the ultimate truth, oh and I can't be bothered to explain what I know, the way I think to you pathetic mislead fool!"

This particular post by him targeting me below was insensitive and rude. If only he did less assumptions and attacks about someone else who he doesn't know an ounce about on the internet.

NleuPTQ.png

Your criticism on Magma has been noted. We'll kick his butt when it is his turn but at the moment we're evaluating @starlight's performance. Please give me a reason to warn her..... to destroy her integrity ....... to put her in her place...... and say, " hey wanna be doc from paki land.... you're pissing my members off for no genuine reason".

As for Magma, are you complaining about his behaviour prior to becoming a mod? cz that doesn't count. yeh? 

@starlight makes people feel this is a safer space than a lot of other places. She tries hard to keep the peace and not add too much pepper to the pot in a lot of conversations. 

( I don't remember what campaign promises she made...lol...too focused on the ones in meatspace these days)

Thank you everyone for the kind words. @shiaman14 @EricCartman @notme @Heavenly_Silk @LeftCoastMom  @Sarah2016

I am not perfect, I make mistakes but I promise I try my best to be fair to everyone. @Abbas. I think it was great idea to start this thread. I am very open to suggestions and criticism and will try to improve myself based upon your feedback so please don't hold back.... start firing :D 

Thank you.

Edited by starlight

Guest silasun

Is this saqeefah reloaded? Magma and Starlight usurped my right (via "democracy") for modship. I pulled out of the race to preserve the unuty of the Shiachat ummah (totally, Im not mad about this or anything, of course...)

Sheeple, wake up to the "caliphs" who have pulled the wool over your eyes

Edited by silasun

11 hours ago, Abbas. said:

Your criticism on Magma has been noted. We'll kick his butt when it is his turn but at the moment we're evaluating @starlight's performance. Please give me a reason to warn her..... to destroy her integrity ....... to put her in her place...... and say, " hey wanna be doc from paki land.... you're pissing my members off for no genuine reason".

As for Magma, are you complaining about his behaviour prior to becoming a mod? cz that doesn't count. yeh? 

I don't have much to say for Starlight other than that they she is always fair and just in her posts from what I have noticed. Doesn't try to drag anyone down even those who has a different opinion especially since she has become a moderator. From her posts she seems quite open minded and positive, with an added sense of humour at times. 

No I am not. Just saying Magma's past posts are pretty reflective of what his been posting in the current. Even though their not as extreme and rude like before he became moderator. He still holds his grudges against certain folks like me.

Even when there are genuine posts with good intentions from myself or others, he still posts with his usual sarcastic tone but in a more surreptitious way than ever before. 

53 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Question:  Why are "we" publically discussing the "Mod Squad" [old TV program name] when this is not allow towards us rank and file ranters???

It is only allowed with permission and in designated areas. You don't have to comment if you feel uncomfortable doing so.

I really like both of the new mods @magma  @starlight

They have both been very active and done a great job I think, cant think of anything bad about either one of them. I appreciate both of you a lot and may Allah(SWT) bless you for putting down your own private time to improve this website for all of us, dealing with the not so fun situations, never ending complains, etc. And you do all of this without any compensation only out of your own good will.

You both have busy lives but still you find time to be helpful to all these people here and although it is not much i would like you to know that I personally appreciate and value it a lot! Thank you!

989698.jpg

On 06/08/2016 at 3:06 AM, starlight said:

Thank you everyone for the kind words. @shiaman14 @EricCartman @notme @Heavenly_Silk @LeftCoastMom  @Sarah2016

I am not perfect, I make mistakes but I promise I try my best to be fair to everyone. @Abbas. I think it was great idea to start this thread. I am very open to suggestions and criticism and will try to improve myself based upon your feedback so please don't hold back.... start firing :D 

Thank you.

Dear Lord. I picked the wrong person ... :confused:. Alright so it looks like you've done a good job being a true politician. You've got a loyal following and every one seems to like you :grin: But, speaking purely as a concerned citizen of this site, being fair and just usually comes at a price of upsetting at least some people. So....... I wonder if you are truly being fair and just in your moderating decisions? :coffee: 

@Haji 2003 sorry man ....  the reason we kept the site down for a long time was because we wanted to bring back everything. Basically we did try.... Turns out, it is not a perfect world after all. I would suggest to always keep a back up word file. Although InshaAllah we've learn't from this incident and will prevent it from happening again. 

Guys, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Seeing as you have discussed several team members at a time, let's keep it this way and give you free hand. Keep updating this thread with constructive criticism. Hint: this can be an opportunity for you to bring positive changes in the way you are moderated. So speak up!

2 hours ago, Abbas. said:

Basically we did try.... Turns out, it is not a perfect world after all. I would suggest to always keep a back up word file.

Er. Actually, outside Shiachat it is a perfect world.

I've been contributing to various websites since 2000 and none of the others have ever lost my data as catastrophically as this one has.

Still, as I said on another thread, this just proves you guys are genuine Muslims.

Guest silasun

This people's court reminds me of medieval Britain.

Does the title not suggest that if we find a mod underperforming then we put them in the stocks and thriw rotten tomatoes at them?!

They are both good mods as far as I know.

But that doesn't mean they should be allowed to leave unscathed from this court. Magma is childish. He picked me member of the week in a time I'm almost inactive. Starlight's leniency makes her useless. The lack of drama is appalling.

/me draws first blood!~

The Mods are good and doing their efforts for best.

But if any suggestion or comment is offered it is only for betterment of SC not to disrespect any one. 

Just an observation for the nomination of member seems that participating in the thread "Thoughts" is one of the mandatory criteria for this nomination as 21 out of selected 24 members have participated in this thread.

just a chance or opportunity for improvement in it?

Wassalam  

Edited by skamran110

1 hour ago, skamran110 said:

The Mods are good and doing their efforts for best.

But if any suggestion or comment is offered it is only for betterment of SC not to disrespect any one. 

Just an observation for the nomination of member seems that participating in the thread "Thoughts" is one of the mandatory criteria for this nomination as 21 out of selected 24 members have participated in this thread.

just a chance or opportunity for improvement in it?

Wassalam  

This talks about the nomination of member of the week.

^ Other stats too...

23 of the 24 selected enjoy eating cake. (You can guess the hold out)

21 of the 24 selected have some relative named Ali in their lineage.

24 of the 24 have posted on a Friday. Bias!

1 of the 24 saves tons of money switching to Geico. (Lucky guy, automatic for the list!)

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Member of the Week: while it's good the criteria are not known to the rest of us, do the Mods have a chart, scale, or whatever to make their choice.???

@hasanhh There is a list of Advanced members who are active in the forums. We can't say more than that because the award is supposed to be a fun surprise every Friday. :) 

17 hours ago, magma said:

^ Other stats too...

23 of the 24 selected enjoy eating cake. (You can guess the hold out)

21 of the 24 selected have some relative named Ali in their lineage.

24 of the 24 have posted on a Friday. Bias!

1 of the 24 saves tons of money switching to Geico. (Lucky guy, automatic for the list!)

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

Thanks for response that all the 24 members of the week are sons or daughters of their parents.

Thanks for reminding me.

but what about the consideration to my observation? mentioned  in the last post?

Should i consider that brother Magma as Mod does not have an answer or consideration to the observation posted for improvement at SC? 

Wasalam

Edited by skamran110