Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammadi_follower

sunnism in ahwaz (iran)

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum,

I saw many often in different wahabbi websites rumors which said that many arabs from iran (in ahwaz) convert to sunnism because they reject the actual shia government. I didnt care a lot about that but i saw also recently some western media and even iranian human rights organisation which talked about that .

So my question is "even if there are probably some iranian arabs who become sunnis , is it really a mass phenomenon or this is really exagerated to talk about many conversion to sunnism ?"

19 minutes ago, strength=Abbas said:

they converted to Wahhabism and some r even Daeshi now 

I'm saying this as a person who lives in Ahwaz

Really ? 

But are you arab awhazi yourself ?

Is it a big phenomenon or just few cases ?

and in general are there many iranians who joined isis in irak and syria ?

2 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Really ? 

But are you arab awhazi yourself ?

Is it a big phenomenon or just few cases ?

and in general are there many iranians who joined isis in irak and syria ?

no I'm not Arab . I was just born and raised in Ahwaz 

no not many ofc ! and they r mostly in rural areas . hamdillah we live here safely 

and no ofc no. who said many Iranians joined Isis ?? lol

40 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

if someone rejects the government why dont they just speak up fo their rights, instead of converting  to another religion

Because for some iranians , iranian government =shia islam . So when they dont like the government they change religion .

you know for exemple if iraq ks nowadays in majority shia its because sunni iraqis hated sunni ottomans so they chose to change religion.

On 7/27/2016 at 10:13 PM, alidu78 said:

Salam aleykoum,

I saw many often in different wahabbi websites rumors which said that many arabs from iran (in ahwaz) convert to sunnism because they reject the actual shia government. I didnt care a lot about that but i saw also recently some western media and even iranian human rights organisation which talked about that .

So my question is "even if there are probably some iranian arabs who become sunnis , is it really a mass phenomenon or this is really exagerated to talk about many conversion to sunnism ?"

Oh, no, that's solely a kind of exaggeration. I as an Ahvazian (who am related to both Fars-Arab), and I have vast research about that (besides of having many diverse friends in different places of Ahvaz and its suburbs, can really say that:

The propganda of the opponent media are so larger/more than the number of sunnis of Ahvaz. Actually even there is not 0.01% Sunni in Ahvaz. Honestly I reckon there might be perhaps e.g. 0.001% and in fact we cannot call them as statistics.

And majority of Ahwazian people perhaps haven't seen any Sunni in Ahwaz ...

But, unfortunately opponents media zoom/exaggerate it as if Ahvaz ...

Otherwise, there might be so few (limited) persons in some limited margin of the Ahvaz who perhaps claim of that, and those limited people looks to be to very poor individuals who apparently have changed their beliefs due to money (as some Sunni ... support them ...) + few partial individuals ...

So, as I mentioned before, their populations are so few / limited, and opponent media strive to exaggerate/zoom the issue for the people who are out of Ahvaz and are not aware of Ahvazian beliefs.

This issue is like attending 50 fans of x-team in the stadium where is consisted of 100.000 Y-team, but those 50 fans (by lobby) try to make some partial reporters to zoom mostly on those few 50 fans to zoom them for foreigner watcher to think as if the stadium is included of many x-team!

But the persons who are in the stadium, can see that their population is son few numbers which even cannot be included of the statistics.

Source:

By discussing by informed persons + By my observations in diverse places of Ahvaz and its suburbs as an Ahvazi curious guy.

12 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Don't trust their media. Listen to what trusted Shia media says, that's all important.

Yes, the point is that we ought not to trust every partial person/media said (to deceive unaware persons ...

Then you'd better ask it from Ahvazi folks, not opponent media

نعم، القضیه هاشکل.  و تقریبا کلش مو صدق. بس ایسوون اغراق علی های السالفه

5 hours ago, Mohammad-Ali said:

Otherwise, there might be so few (limited) persons in some limited margin of the Ahvaz who perhaps claim of that, and those limited people looks to be to very poor individuals who apparently have changed their beliefs due to money (as some Sunni ... support them ...) + few partial individuals ...

I often heard that wahabis from gulf countries give money to sunni arabs and balochs in Iran for do more children than shia iranian.

5 hours ago, Haimi said:

Assalam.

I'm from Ahwaz and i didn't see any man except he was a shia.

Remember that title given by Imam khamenei h.a to ahvaz

Ahvaz = The Gate Of Shia

BTW, seems the weather is around 46-50 C again with 65~90% Humidity.(can't not breath outside lol)

Wassalam.

Are you arab also ?

Do the arab iranians who live in the coast of the persian gulf are also shia or they are mainly sunni ?

12 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Are you arab also ?

Do the arab iranians who live in the coast of the persian gulf are also shia or they are mainly sunni ?

12 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Assalam.

No im persian/farsi.

They are shia.

Wassalam.

Edited by Haimi

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

Are you arab also ?

I as an Ahvazi (who am a little Arab as well as Fars), guess (based on my experiences in my research and ...) assume that e.g. if we consider 2.000.000 (or more) Arabs in Iran:

There seems to be more than 90% of them in Khuzestan province (Ahvaz, Abadan, KhoramShahr, Shush, Shaadegan, Soosangerd, Mahshahr, ...)

And almost all of them are Shia (as another logic issue, they are relatively on the Shi'i part of Iraq borders who demonstrates ...)

and perhaps the rest 10% might be in Bushehr/Hormozgan + Mashhad/Qom/Tehran(in Dolat-Abad area) and so on. But I reckon only there might be limited population as Sunni in Bushehr or Hormozgan as Arabs-Sunni who might be less than 0.01% of all Arabs of Iran.

And to the best of my knowledge, at least majority of Arabs of coasts (in Iran) are Shia as well.

About the financial support of Wahhabism = Yes, it seems they are expending much money to swap the beliefs of poor Arabs of Ahwaz (in suburb not in the city), but at majority of times = They are failed, and wasted their money ...

But there might be only few poor individuals who deceived them, and even I reckon some of them even don't changed to Wahhabism, but just due to obtaining money = Pretend them as if they got Wahhabism (to obtain money).

Anyhow, as I remarked, even all of their population never reach 0.01% and never include of statistic.

So, when I look at partial-opponent media, I feel that the situation is awful/terrible, but when I search in the city = I just laugh of their very zoomed news!

مایخالف و ماکومشکله، الامنیه خوش شی! نعم.

Edited by Mohammad-Ali

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Mohammad-Ali said:

About the financial support of Wahhabism = Yes, it seems they are expending much money to swap the beliefs of poor Arabs of Ahwaz (in suburb not in the city), but at majority of times = They are failed, and wasted their money ...

But there might be only few poor individuals who deceived them, and even I reckon some of them even don't changed to Wahhabism, but just due to obtaining money = Pretend them as if they got Wahhabism (to obtain money).

Anyhow, as I remarked, even all of their population never reach 0.01% and never include of statistic.

So, when I look at partial-opponent media, I feel that the situation is awful/terrible, but when I search in the city = I just laugh of their very zoomed news!

مایخالف و ماکومشکله، الامنیه خوش شی! نعم.

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:56 PM, strength=Abbas said:

no I'm not Arab . I was just born and raised in Ahwaz 

no not many ofc ! and they r mostly in rural areas . hamdillah we live here safely 

and no ofc no. who said many Iranians joined Isis ?? lol

I have just an other question about ahvaz.

since when this region is part of iran exactly ?

Since the pahlavy dinasty ? Or even before ?

38 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Guess 5000 years ago or more.

Edited by Haimi

10 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Yes maybe but according to arab websites iran invaded this region not a long time ago. There was not a period where ahvaz had been independant ?

Bcz Arab websites wants fitna and the still doing it, especially Saudi that's why Iraq started the war from khuzestan.

Rome King and Iranian King image near ahvaz

There was a time when ahvaz was the center of the country and just powerful review for 400 years atleast.

300px-Naqsh-_e_Rostam_VI_relief_Shapur_Ist.jpg

Edited by Haimi

7 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Bcz Arab websites wants fitna and the still doing it, especially Saudi that's why Iraq started the war from khuzestan.

Rome King and Iranian King image near ahvaz

There was a time when ahvaz was the center of the country and just powerful review for 400 years atleast.

300px-Naqsh-_e_Rostam_VI_relief_Shapur_Ist.jpg

I read on wikipedia (i know great reference) that ahwaz was part of persian empire during qajar however was a semi independant state and was totally part of iran only when the pahlavis took power. Did you hear about that ?

25 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

I read on wikipedia (i know great reference) that ahwaz was part of persian empire during qajar however was a semi independant state and was totally part of iran only when the pahlavis took power. Did you hear about that ?

Don't believe such things, ancient Greece people knew ahvaz very well also people from Rome, China etc.

On 9/4/2016 at 5:04 PM, alidu78 said:

Ahvaz has an old history, and actually its history is before Pahlavi.

Extra info.:

Ancient history[edit]

Ahvaz is the analog of "Avaz" and "Avaja" which appear in Darius's epigraph. This word appears in Naqsh-Rostam inscription as "Khaja" or "Khooja" too.[citation needed]

First named Ōhrmazd-Ardašēr (Persian: هرمزداردشیر Hormizdartazir)[5] it was built near the beginning of the Sassanid dynasty on what historians believe to have been the site of the old city of Taryana, a notable city under the Persian Achaemenid dynasty, or the city of Aginis referred to in Greek sources [6]where Nearchus and his fleet entered the Pafitigris.. It was founded either by Ardashir I in 230 (cf.Encyclopædia Iranica, al-Muqaddasi, et al.) or (according to the Middle Persian Šahrestānīhā ī Ērānšahr) by his grandson Hormizd I; the town's name either combined Ardashir's name with the Zoroastrian name for God, Ōhrmazd or Hormizd's name with that of his grandfather. It became the seat of the province, and was also referred to as Hūmšēr. During the Sassanid era, an irrigation system and several dams were constructed, and the city prospered. Examples of Sassanid-era dams are Band-e Bala-rud, Band-e Mizan, Band-e Borj Ayar and Band-e Khak. The city replaced Susa, the ancient capital of Susiana, as the capital of what was then called Khuzestān.

The city had two sections; the nobles of the city lived in one part while the other was inhabited by merchants.[7] When the Arabs invaded the area in 640, the part of the city home to the nobility was demolished but the Hūj-ī-stānwāčār "Market of Khūz State", the merchant area, remained intact. The city was therefore renamed Sūq al-Ahwāz, "Market of the Khuz", a semi-literal translation of the Persian name of this quarter - Ahwāz being the Arabic broken plural of Hûz, taken from the ancient Persian term for the native Elamite peoples, Hūja (remaining in medieval khūzīg "of the Khuzh" and modern Khuzestān "Khuz State", as noted by Dehkhoda dictionary.

Medieval history[edit]

During the Umayyad and Abbasid eras, Ahvaz flourished as a center for the cultivation of sugarcaneand as the home of many well-known scholars. It is discussed by such respected medieval historians and geographers as ibn Hawqal, Tabari, Istakhri, al-Muqaddasi, Ya'qubi, Masudi, and Mostowfi Qazvini. Nearby stood the Academy of Gundishapur, where the modern-day teaching hospital is said to have been first established.

Ahvaz was devastated in the bloody Mongol invasions of the 13th and 14th centuries and subsequently declined into a mere village. The dam and irrigation channels, no longer maintained, eroded and finally collapsed early in the 19th century. During this time Ahvaz was primarily inhabited by the original Khuzhis (Persians) and a small number of Sabians. Although most Arab migrants fled the city, a few stayed. Some minor cultivation continued, while all evidence of sugarcane plantations is still going on in Haft Teppe area in north of Ahvaz, although ruins of sugarcane mills from the medieval era remained in existence.[8] Several ruins of water mills also still remain in Shoush and Shoushtar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahvaz

On 8/13/2016 at 5:29 PM, alidu78 said:

I often heard that wahabis from gulf countries give money to sunni arabs and balochs in Iran for do more children than shia iranian.

What you remarked seems to be true. But, as I pointed out, their number is so few as if we cannot deem them as a portion of Ahvaz population. For instance if we deem 2000 (or less) Sunnis/Wahhabis in Ahwaz, they never even reach to 0.05% of all Ahwaz population --in comparison with 1.500.000 folks of Ahvaz--

By this rate, perhaps they'll reach to Shia population in next 500 years or more!

8 minutes ago, Mohammad-Ali said:

What you remarked seems to be true. But, as I pointed out, their number is so few as if we cannot deem them as a portion of Ahvaz population. For instance if we deem 2000 (or less) Sunnis/Wahhabis in Ahwaz, they never even reach to 0.05% of all Ahwaz population --in comparison with 1.500.000 folks of Ahvaz--

By this rate, perhaps they'll reach to Shia population in next 500 years or more!

Yes probably however its not only in ahwaz , in zahedan for exemple some people said to me that when persians have only 1 wife and maximum 4 children sunni balochs have often 4 wives and could sometimes have 10 or even 15 children ! If we dont change that, that could be a problem in the future.