Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
andres

God does answer prayers

Rate this topic

The Bible states that God can regret. Logically this means that he will listen to and consider our prayers. It also means that all events in the future are not totally determined.

Opposite if God already before he created the earth had planned when and what every individual would pray for and which of us that would go to hell or heaven, there is nothing any individual can do to change Gods judgement. A verdict given long before birth. This is not the description of the Christian God. What about Islam.?

1 hour ago, andres said:

The Bible states that God can regret. Logically this means that he will listen to and consider our prayers. It also means that all events in the future are not totally determined.

Opposite if God already before he created the earth had planned when and what every individual would pray for and which of us that would go to hell or heaven, there is nothing any individual can do to change Gods judgement. A verdict given long before birth. This is not the description of the Christian God. What about Islam.?

It depends which scholar you ask. Both in Islam and Christianity God is Almighty which means HE decides about everything but I know we are in control of our destiny. It is we who choose. Maybe this is confusing but I think you are capable of understanding it.

Edited by Loveall

2 hours ago, andres said:

It doesn't mean that at all, the Bible is riddled with absurdities:

.Genesis 3:14   A hopping, dust eating serpent...
God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? 

Exodus 33-21/23 Moses sees God's backside...
21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: 
22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: 
23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Ezekiel 4:15 Bread made with dung..
Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.

There are literally hundreds more examples like this, do you always take seriously what the Bible states? 

wslm.

49 minutes ago, Quisant said:

But snakes don't eat dust, do they? 

And another and another one and another bites the dust!

Ciao, spero che tu stia bene signorina.

48 minutes ago, Quisant said:

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.

Compost for the wheat.

5 minutes ago, Ya Aba 3abdillah said:

And another and another one and another bites the dust!

Ciao, spero che tu stia bene signorina.

Compost for the wheat.

Hello Ya Aba 3abdillah, :)

Long time no speak, I hope you are in good health and enduring happiness! Good to hear from you.

Ricambio di cuore i saluti ma non sono una 'signorina' ...sono maschio. Ciao.

wslm.

5 hours ago, Loveall said:

It depends which scholar you ask. Both in Islam and Christianity God is Almighty which means HE decides about everything but I know we are in control of our destiny. It is we who choose. Maybe this is confusing but I think you are capable of understanding it.

I agree.

5 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

is ignorant of some things.

Correction: He knew what we would pray for.

If he knows before we have made up our minds, we do not have a free will. And then he also would know which of us will make it into heaven. Even before we are born.

7 hours ago, andres said:

https://www.al-islam.org/completion-argument-maulana-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/meaning-bada

https://www.al-islam.org/shia-rebuts-sayyid-rida-husayni-nasab/question-15-what-is-bada-and-why-do-you-believe-it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bada'

Check these out.

Edited by celestial

5 hours ago, Quisant said:

It doesn't mean that at all, the Bible is riddled with absurdities: ...........

..........There are literally hundreds more examples like this, do you always take seriously what the Bible states? 

wslm.

The Bible says that God did regret that he sent the flood, and that he set the sign of the rainbow as a promise that he would never do such a thing to mankind again. Just one example. So yes, the Bible say God can change his mind. If God cannot change his mind, everything is predestined and man has got no free will. This was actually my point. Uncomfortable?

The Bible was written 600BC-100AD. Of course one must have in mind that people throu ages have had a very different views. What today obvious is false may not have been rejected as such by our distant ancestors. The Quran is closer to our time. Even so you can find absurdities in it. What about the speaking ants? In the 7th century this was obviously not an absurdity, had they known better, they had not written the story.

Edited by andres

2 hours ago, andres said:

If he knows before we have made up our minds, we do not have a free will. And then he also would know which of us will make it into heaven. Even before we are born.

Alam alaykom. 

I wanna to make an example that clarify this subject:

imagine a person who fly and see many things on the earth that we can not see them, because he is above us and domination of his seeing, wider and ectensive  than our seeing domination. 

Therefore if he saw and knew something that we don't because of limitation in our seeing domination, it doesn't mean that he planned them or enforced. 

Edited by Mohammad-Reza

3 hours ago, andres said:

Think about a father who knows what his child will do but lets the child do what it wants. God bless you

2 hours ago, Mohammad-Reza said:

Alam alaykom. 

I wanna to make an example that clarify this subject:

imagine a person who fly and see many things on the earth that we can not see them, because he is above us and domination of his seeing, wider and ectensive  than our seeing domination. 

Therefore if he saw and knew something that we don't because of limitation in our seeing domination, it doesn't mean that he planned them or enforced. 

Imagine a person constructing a robot that he knows will commit a terrible act of terror in the future. The robot does not yet know. Who is responsible? 

Why would God deliberately create humans that he know will commit acts of terror, and that he will punish in hell?

1 hour ago, Loveall said:

Think about a father who knows what his child will do but lets the child do what it wants. God bless you

Do you think that is  a responsible father? 

God created both good and evil humans. Did he know who were to become terrorists? And if he did, why did he not stop them?

10 hours ago, andres said:

The Bible says that God did regret that he sent the flood, and that he set the sign of the rainbow as a promise that he would never do such a thing to mankind again. Just one example. So yes, the Bible say God can change his mind. If God cannot change his mind, everything is predestined and man has got no free will. This was actually my point. Uncomfortable?

Why would I feel uncomfortable? Your opinion is your affair, you are very welcome to believe in a God that makes mistakes, has regrets and changes his mind. 

I believe otherwise; if God changes from one state of mind to another, then there must be a reason. The new state must be better than the old state. 

But this is impossible if God is perfect: It is not possible to "improve" God, therefore, God cannot change.

ws