Sign in to follow this  
Fahad Sani

Major misconcepts of polytheists against Tawheed

Rate this topic

Assalam O Alaikum,

Below are the four main objections raised by disbelievers/polytheists against the Holy Prophet's message of Tawheed and the Life Hereafter. Unfortunately same misconcepts are part of the belief of some muslims, following the footsteps of polytheists.

Allah rejected their 3 concepts completely while accepted only 1 but with strong condition.

Allah says:
Those to whom you call and worship besides Him (including Prophets, Ahlebait & all other pious servants of Allah)
1. Possess no any power over anything.
2. Nor have any partnership wth Allah in anything.
3. Nor any of them is helper of Allah in anything.
4. They will not intervene on behalf of another except for one Allah permits (Strong condition). One such exception is in Nisa 48, 116.

SURAH SABA 22-23

قُلِ ادْعُوا الَّذِينَ زَعَمْتُمْ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ ۖ لَا يَمْلِكُونَ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَلَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَمَا لَهُمْ فِيهِمَا مِنْ شِرْكٍ وَمَا لَهُ مِنْهُمْ مِنْ ظَهِيرٍ

O Prophet, say to the mushrikin: "Call on those deities whom you pray besides Allah - they do not have power over an atom's weight of anything in the heavens or earth, nor have they any share in either, nor is any of them a helper to Allah."

وَلَا تَنْفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا لِمَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ ۚ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا فُزِّعَ عَنْ قُلُوبِهِمْ قَالُوا مَاذَا قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ ۖ قَالُوا الْحَقَّ ۖ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ

No intercession before Allah can avail anyone except for the one for whom He permits. Until when terror will be removed from their hearts, they shall ask the intercessors: "What has your Rabb ordained?" They will answer: "The Truth," He is the Most High, the Great.

That is, "Not to speak of owning something, or being a partner in the ownership of something, or being a helper of Allah in any way, there exists no one in the universe, who of his own accord may intercede for someone before Allah. You are involved in the misunderstanding that there arc' some beloved ones of God, or some such powerful personalities, who can force and press God to accept their intercession, whereas the fact is that no one will dare utter a word of recommendation there without Allah's permission. Only such a one will be able to make his submissions, who is permitted by Allah to do so, and will intercede for him alone for whom permission for intercession is granted. (To understand the distinction between the Islamic concept of intercession and the polytheistic concept, see Yunus: 3, 18; Hud: 76, 105; Ta Ha: 109; Al-Anbiya': 28; AI-Hajj: 76). 

Salam,

2 questions:

1) Why do we Always read 'except for the one for whom He permits'? Does this mean that intercession is still possible under this condition i.e. His permission?

2) Is the whole issue of tawassul and so-called grave-worship not just a matter of considering Muhammad s.a.w.a.s. to be still alive and hearing or considering him s.a.w.a.s. to be dead and unconscious?

2 hours ago, Faruk said:

Salam,

2 questions:

1) Why do we Always read 'except for the one for whom He permits'? Does this mean that intercession is still possible under this condition i.e. His permission?

2) Is the whole issue of tawassul and so-called grave-worship not just a matter of considering Muhammad s.a.w.a.s. to be still alive and hearing or considering him s.a.w.a.s. to be dead and unconscious?

W.salam, wa rehmatullah,

Answers (based on my very short knowledge)

1) Because this is what Allah has informed us in Quran.

No intercessor can plead with Him except by His permission. [10:3]

Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission? [2:255]

On that Day, no intercession shall avail, except the one from whom Allah, the Most Gracious has given permission and whose word is acceptable to Him. [20:109]

And they cannot intercede, except for Him with whom He is pleased. [21:28]

None shall have the power of intercession except one who has received permission or a promise from Allah, the Most Gracious. [19:87]

Intercession with Him profits none except for those He permits. [34:23]

Therefore, on the day of judgement without His permission, no one can intercede/supplicate for anyone. Those who will be granted permission (e.g Prophets) will intercede meaning they will plead/request to Allah, they themselves cannot do anything. Then it's upto Allah whether He accept the interccession/request/plead or not.

Condition is very very tough.

Hadith: From Sunni book

Abu Huraira said:

The Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) said: There is for every apostle a prayer which is granted, but every prophet showed haste in his prayer. I have, however, reserved my prayer for the intercession of my Ummah on the Day of Resurrection, and it would be granted, if Allah so willed, in case of everyone amongst my Ummah provided he dies without associating anything with Allah.

http://www.sunnah.com/muslim/1/399

Hadith: From Shia book

Imam Kazim (a.s) said:

When my father's death approaches, (Imam Sadiq a.s) said to me: O' my son! Indeed, our (Ahlebayt) intercession never reaches who doesn’t care of the Salat (prayer).

Al Kafi, V 3, P 270

Those who say there is no intercession at all are wrong. Likewise those who say intercession is for everyone are also wrong. Here also truth is in the middle as mentioned in the Quran & Hadith.

2) Yes. It is. But also it is associated with other misconcepts like intercession.

Don’t know why most muslims go into extreme levels. While truth is in the middle.

Alive/Dead

In essence, its the Man Made Objects/Entities/Positions etc, is real issue that is been covered with side topics. 

Guardian assigned by Allah(awj)

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ {55}

[Pickthal 5:55] Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poordue, and bow down (in prayer).

وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْغَالِبُونَ {56}

[Pickthal 5:56] And whoso taketh Allah and His messenger and those who believe for guardian (will know that), lo! the party of Allah, they are the victorious.