Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Loveall

Imams and saints received the Holy Spirit?

Rate this topic

Holy Spirit was with them, not that they had it.

mainly for knowledge and guidance.

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ عُمَرَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ عَنْ عَمَّارِ بْنِ مَرْوَانَ عَنِ الْمُنَخَّلِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ: سَأَلْتُهُ عَنْ عِلْمِ الْعَالِمِ فَقَالَ لِي يَا جَابِرُ إِنَّ فِي الْأَنْبِيَاءِ وَ الْأَوْصِيَاءِ خَمْسَةَ أَرْوَاحٍ رُوحَ‏ الْقُدُسِ‏ وَ رُوحَ الْإِيمَانِ وَ رُوحَ الْحَيَاةِ وَ رُوحَ الْقُوَّةِ وَ رُوحَ الشَّهْوَةِ فَبِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ يَا جَابِرُ عَرَفُوا مَا تَحْتَ الْعَرْشِ إِلَى مَا تَحْتَ الثَّرَى ثُمَّ قَالَ يَا جَابِرُ إِنَّ هَذِهِ الْأَرْبَعَةَ أَرْوَاحٌ يُصِيبُهَا الْحَدَثَانُ إِلَّا رُوحَ‏ الْقُدُسِ‏ فَإِنَّهَا لَا تَلْهُو وَ لَا تَلْعَبُ.

by the holy spirit, they know whatever that is beneath the throne and under the earth. ... the holy spirit is constantly aware ...

al-Kafi1:272 

6 minutes ago, mesbah said:

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ عُمَرَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ عَنْ عَمَّارِ بْنِ مَرْوَانَ عَنِ الْمُنَخَّلِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ: سَأَلْتُهُ عَنْ عِلْمِ الْعَالِمِ فَقَالَ لِي يَا جَابِرُ إِنَّ فِي الْأَنْبِيَاءِ وَ الْأَوْصِيَاءِ خَمْسَةَ أَرْوَاحٍ رُوحَ‏ الْقُدُسِ‏ وَ رُوحَ الْإِيمَانِ وَ رُوحَ الْحَيَاةِ وَ رُوحَ الْقُوَّةِ وَ رُوحَ الشَّهْوَةِ فَبِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ يَا جَابِرُ عَرَفُوا مَا تَحْتَ الْعَرْشِ إِلَى مَا تَحْتَ الثَّرَى ثُمَّ قَالَ يَا جَابِرُ إِنَّ هَذِهِ الْأَرْبَعَةَ أَرْوَاحٌ يُصِيبُهَا الْحَدَثَانُ إِلَّا رُوحَ‏ الْقُدُسِ‏ فَإِنَّهَا لَا تَلْهُو وَ لَا تَلْعَبُ.

by the holy spirit, they know whatever that is beneath the throne and under the earth. ... the holy spirit is constantly aware ...

Are there some muslims today who have the Holy Spirit? What is required to have the Holy Spirit?

1 hour ago, mesbah said:

This is an Aqeedah issue, what is the grading of this hadith ?

"

"They will ask thee concerning the Spirit (ruh). Say: the Spirit is an affair of my Lord" (Qur'an 17:85).

For verily it is a creation greater than Gabriel and Michael."15 It always accompanies the Messenger of Allah and the angels and the Imams, and it belongs to the celestial world (malakut). .."

https://www.al-islam.org/a-shiite-creed-shaykh-saduq/concerning-souls-nufus-and-spirits-arwah

"Shaykh as-Saduq has described the various facets of the soul in a very clear way. The example of the 'cuts' of diamond should be kept in mind when reading the following description taken from his book.

“It is our belief that there are five spirits in the prophets, and Imams: The Holy Spirit, The Spirit of Faith, The Spirit of Strength, The Spirit of Desire, and The Spirit of Animation (or Life); “And the believers have four spirits: The Spirit of Faith, The Spirit of Strength, The Spirit of Desire, and The Spirit of Life;..."

https://www.al-islam.org/day-of-judgement-sayyid-akhtar-rizvi/part-1-soul

It is our belief that there are five spirits in the prophets, and Imams: The Holy Spirit, The Spirit of Faith, The Spirit of Strength, The Spirit of Desire, and The Spirit of Animation (or Life); And the believers have four spirits: The Spirit of Faith, The Spirit of Strength, The Spirit of Desire, and The Spirit of Life; And the unbelievers and animals have three spirits. The Spirit of Strength, the Spirit of Desire, and The Spirit of Life. (Shaykh as-Saduq)

Thank you, @S.M.H.A., for this quote. 

It reminds me of this prophecy in the Injil...

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26)

Since Muhammad (peace be upon him) is a prophet, he is the embodiment of the Holy Spirit and therefore, in my opinion, fulfills this prophecy as the paraklētos (aka, Comforter, Helper, Advocate, Paraclete). 

On 7/24/2016 at 0:05 AM, Loveall said:

Are there some muslims today who have the Holy Spirit? What is required to have the Holy Spirit?

yes, the Imam of the time.

more than that, I'm not sure.

It is narrated from Zurarah that he said:

Kumayt bin Zaid came to Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) when I was also present there. Kumayt recited a panegyric in praise of the Holy Imam (a.s.).When he concluded, Imam Baqir (a.s.) said: As long as you go on composing verse in our honor, you will be continued to be assisted by Ruhul Qudus

Source: Mu'jam Rijaal al-Hadeeth by al-Khoie, Vol 15, Pg 130

Grading: al-Bahrani: "Saheeh Sanad" (Madinat al-Ma'ajiz 1/178, footnote 6)

http://discovershiaislam.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/reciting-poetry-for-ahlulbaytas.html?m=1

Edited by The Batman

Ahmad ibn Ziyad ibn Ja’far al-Hamazani – may God be pleased with him – narrated that Ali ibn Ibrahim ibn Hashem quoted on the authority of his father, on the authority of Abdul Salam ibn Saleh al-Harawi, “I heard De’bel ibn Ali al-Khoza’ee say, ‘I recited this poem for my Master Al-Reza (s) which starts with:

The schools for the Qur’anic verses are void of reciting now

and the landing site of revelations is left like a barren desert!

Then I reached the following verses:

A Divine Leader shall rise – surely he is to rise

In God’s name and His Blessing he shall rise

He will distinguish between right and wrong for us

He will reward the good-doers and the bad-doers he shall chastise.

Then Al-Reza (s) cried hard. He (s) raised up his head towards me and said, ‘O De’bel Khoza’ee! It was the Holy Spirit who made these verses flow out from your tongue. 

Source: Uyoon Akhbar ar-Reza, vol 2, chapter 66, hadeeth 35

Grading: al-Karbāsī:"Saheeh" (Iklīl al-Manhaj fī tahqīq al-matlab,pg 328)

http://discovershiaislam.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/reciting-poetry-for-ahlulbaytas.html?m=1

Edited by The Batman