Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Laayla

Fighting Your Nafis

Rate this topic

In the dead of the night sister, when everyone else is asleep, pacing and sitting in a room downstairs on my own, reflecting on all of these things and having a deep and personal discussion with myself to somehow understand who i am , and where i want to go.

Indeed, it has been narrated from Muhammed s.a.w that one hours reflection is better than seventy years of dry worship.

Edited by Tawheed313

i think you've answered most of your questions yourself. 

"so many things are occupying my mind right now."

it's exactly that which triggers chaos of all sorts. been there, done that. not worth it. 

baby. steps. application of these two words to everything you do and say. a family member said something harsh? baby steps. do not rush to respond. slow er down. breathe. the first few seconds are crucial and seconds is all it takes for negative emotions to subside. always works with me and same formula for anger. 

God consciousness? remembering death. lazy to wake up for salat? death. don't feel like helping mum with the dishes? death. the idea of death will have you hastening to good deeds like a fruit fly which detects and flies towards sweet food. 

btw i personally have found anger to be the worst of all vices. truly a gateway to hell.

Sister, i know that you have a strong will and 'aazimah. You're one of the most committed women i know in islam shia, you have the answer to all these questions you asked above. It's fine if you are passing through difficult time, think of it like it's something temporary, like when i want to finish a track race and put up with my pain to the finish line i think of it as it is something Temporary and that it will go away eventually, i think of what i want to feel in this end road, disappointment or victory? same as sacrifice that we do for our religion and it's bitter consequences sometimes, if we want to be impatient and feel disappointed at ourselves when this test is over, or to put up to it, be patient and feel proud and stronger than before when it's all over.

Nothing can remind you of Allah better than the knowledge you have of Islam and Ahlulbayt. God is everything and He would never disappoint you, He made us and He can break or build us further. It all depends on us. Don't be interested in anything in this world, always think logically and strategically.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Thank you for your words of encouragement Sister Zaman.  Alhamd'Allah for everything.  God has given me more than I deserve.  I have nothing to complain about.  I just find myself weak in certain situations and it can be frustrating because my anger gets the best of me.  God help me with my problem and let me rise against this nafis al ammarra to a better position.

Brother Purged,

I agree with you on good deeds.  I believe our religion is about having good relationships with people and helping when we can.  I do my best to frequently remind myself of death.  I beleive it is essential to stay humble, not to oppress, and basically stay on the ground and not be a Pharaoh in this dunya.  I can give many examples of myself when I was anger that I regret my reaction, once I'm settled.  And regret doesn't solve the problem, it is there to bother your conscious. 

Brother T313,

Thank you for sharing what you do to bring a moment's peace.  I wonder if in our life we are able to reach nafis al motma2ina.  How will we able grasp that feeling?  To be at peace and serenity.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

َ مَنْ فَاكَهَ امْرَأَةً لَا يَمْلِكُهَا (حَبَسَهُ اللَّهُ) بِكُلِّ كَلِمَةٍ كَلَّمَهَا فِي الدُّنْيَا أَلْفَ عَامٍ.

Holy Prophet (sawa) said : And one who jokes with a na-mahram woman, Allah will imprison him for one thousand years for each word spoken in the world (with her). (Wasa’il ush-Shi‘ah, vol. 20, pg 198)

Thomas Carlyle Scottish philosopher, satirical writer, essayist, historian and teacher during the Victorian era
As for this young Ali, one cannot but like him. A noble minded creature, as he shows himself, now and always afterwards; full of affection, of fiery daring. Sometimes chivalrous of him; brave as a lion; yet with grace, a truth and affection worthy of Christian knighthood.

Universal Declaration of Human Rights Illuminates Global Pluralism and Diversity, Kofi Annan - 7th Secretary General of UN
Imam Ali, the fourth Khalifa after Prophet Muhammed, instructed the governor of Egypt to rule with mercy and tolerance towards all his subjects: "Let the dearest of your treasuries be the treasury of righteous action... Infuse your heart with mercy, love and kindness for your subjects. Be not in the face of them a voracious animal, counting them as easy prey, for they are of two kinds: either they are your brothers in religion or your equals in creation."