In the Name of God بسم الله

How important shiachat is to cause of Ahlulbayt

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

no one could have written those words better than brother @tawheed313.

I definitely echo his comments and sentiments.

BTW, I was picking fights with t.w.e.l.v.e.r.s.h.i.a guys. definitely needed this site for some reference.

Allah humma salle ala Muhammad wa alay Muhammad.

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

no one could have written those words better than brother @tawheed313.

I definitely echo his comments and sentiments.

BTW, I was picking fights with t.w.e.l.v.e.r.s.h.i.a guys. definitely needed this site for some reference.

Allah humma salle ala Muhammad wa alay Muhammad.

Allah praise belongs to Allah alone.

Brother, invite them over to debate on shiachat. You see, the reason why they lure shia's onto their foum is to generate more posts , more threads, which bumps their forum higher up on google and gives them more publicity. That's why you'll often see they don't like to debate on our forum.

• Advanced Member

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

SC is certainly a valuable asset, but in terms of gaining knowledge I think there are more important websites out there (for example al-islam.org). Using SC to get answers for your debates can be helpful but will limit you to 'snapshots' rather than a full understanding of fundamental concepts. 

My humble advice to young brothers and sisters is to avoid spending excessive amounts of time on online debates, and to spend the time in learning the basic fundamentals of religion (again al-islam.org has excellent resources). It is admirable that people are willing to defend their faith (online and offline) but I have seen many cases where people have focused all their energy on this without having correctly understood the basic concepts of religion (which in itself takes requires a significant amount of reading/study).

This doesn't mean that one shouldn't respond to questions or challenges to the faith (online or offline), but it shouldn't become an unhealthy distraction from taking the time to sit down and study religion. The internet has provided a lot of good resources but it has also made us lazy, and sometimes we tend to fall into 'copy-paste' debates which can continue for hours without any proper conclusion. 

Wallahu A'lam.

Edited by Follower