Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sarah2016

Do men prefer women who are well off?

Rate this topic

Pretend you were interested in a woman and wanted to ask for her hand. However, you find out that her family doesn't have much. You find out that her father doesn't live with her, and it's only her, her mother, and brothers. You also find out that she helps out with food and rent, and basically doesn't save up for much. She would be around 24, 25 and is just about to study to become a teacher because she just changed paths from a previous career.

Would that turn down a guy and find that unattractive? Do some guys want a woman who is well off? I was told that some men prefer women who have a rich family. Is that sometimes the case?

Thanks.

Edited by Sarah2016

Salam sister.

First of all i would like to say the people out there in the world are not of the same mentality. Hence all I'm going to tell you is after keeping in mind the diversity in human race.

Love is blind and indeed this statement is true. In other words a person who is in love with someone is not able to see the drawbacks and negative points of the loved one. All the person sees are the good qualities exhibited by the loved one.

But in the present scenario finding true love can be a very difficult task. Today people don't love people they love money. Hence they dont give a damn about the looks and qualities of a person.

Coming to your question the person who really loves you will never care about anything else about you like your looks, money, family, property n all. All he'll care about is just you and you.

But if a man is jus trying to use you as an ATM machine. Then as soon as you have no money he'll leave you.

The type of men that prefer a well off woman are the atm type guys. 

Hope it helps.

Jazakalla khair.

Well, first, you'd need to take me to a first-class restaurant and then we'll talk. 

EDIT: On a serious note, a woman who helps out with food and rent despite living with her mother and brothers sounds amazing. Such kind-heartedness is what I would mostly look for. 

Edited by Ali6

33 minutes ago, Sarah2016 said:

Pretend you were interested in a woman and wanted to ask for her hand. However, you find out that her family doesn't have much. You find out that her father doesn't live with her, and it's only her, her mother, and brothers. You also find out that she helps out with food and rent, and basically doesn't save up for much. She would be around 24, 25 and is just about to study to become a teacher because she just changed paths from a previous career.

Would that turn down a guy and find that unattractive? Do some guys want a woman who is well off? I was told that some men prefer women who have a rich family. Is that sometimes the case?

Thanks.

Salaam aleikum,

Life is not a straight path for some, for some it is. Some go to school, then college, then uni, then work, then get married, etc. You will see that with most people the 'road' is smooth. But for some it isn't. Allah (swt) has different tests for different people. We must accept the tests and challenges.

God has not created us because he wants to test us, to some degree there is truth in this. The main reason God has created us is because he wants us to find Him. That's why calamities befall on us. It is to open our eyes so we see the 'Truth'. The tests are different for everyone, you cannot compare yourself with anybody else. God is the All-Knowing. 'These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.' Rumi

We both know how this world works. People, when they want to marry, look for that perfect match or 'soul mate', which doesn't exist. Actually, you should consider yourself lucky because of this 'situation' you will be able to filter out a lot of guys, a lot of guys you don't want to end up with. You really want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you because of your situation? All the superficial guys will be filtered out and you'll end up with a handful good ones. These will want to be with you because they like you and not for what you have (or don't have).

For a long time, I felt exactly like you. Because when I look around, I'm the odd one. My situation is so different from everybody, my tests and trials are totally different. I cannot sometimes talk to other people about my situation because they wouldn't understand it or even 'look' down on me. But I 'found' God and I understood that these trials weren't in my hands, it has been given as a blessing to me from God. Yes most people will turn me down if I propose to them, simply because of my job, situation, looks, etc (you name it). But I would be happy if they did turn me down for these things as they would be filtered out, making space for someone who is God-conscious and doesn't care about these things.

:bismillah:

:ws:

A woman who helps out with her family, is able to strive despite having humble means, to me, is a very noble trait. For me, how poor she or her family was would have no bearing on my decision. Having said that, if she were rich, i may worry about what kind of life-style she was accustomed to, and what her expectations are with regards to that.

From my limited experience I would have to say no, it doesn't seem to matter ...if the fellow is any sort of stand-up guy. If my son-in-law thinks we have $$$$ he is barking up the wrong tree. Unless his family believes it is buried in the backyard.

The only gold out there is the corn.

Nah, rich women have very high expectations, which makes it hard for you to satisfy their needs.. ( I don't mean all of them, but most I think).

The kind of women you described is perfect. Being able to help with food and rent can be a huge help for the family and a career as a teacher is most suitable for a women, cause maybe women have a nurturing nature and them being teachers fits nicely. 

I'm not denying the existence of men who prefer rich ladies, but there are some who would like to get rich quick, if you know what I mean. 

Edited by The Light

3 hours ago, The Light said:

Nah, rich women have very high expectations, which makes it hard for you to satisfy their needs.. ( I don't mean all of them, but most I think).

The kind of women you described is perfect. Being able to help with food and rent can be a huge help for the family and a career as a teacher is most suitable for a women, cause maybe women have a nurturing nature and them being teachers fits nicely. 

I'm not denying the existence of men who prefer rich ladies, but there are some who would like to get rich quick, if you know what I mean. 

Regarding expectations, I would have assumed it to be the opposite. Rich women in general can take care of their expectations hence search for other traits in a man (sense of humor intelligence etc..). Whereas a poor woman, because she was deprived of the good life, would be more demanding - well that's what I've seen anyway. 

On 7/9/2016 at 1:18 PM, Sarah2016 said:

Would that turn down a guy and find that unattractive?

Absolutely not. Girls of high character like that are hard to find.

Do some guys want a woman who is well off?

Since when does money buy happiness?

I was told that some men prefer women who have a rich family. Is that sometimes the case?

Sure, but would you want to marry a guy (or into his family) that's so materialistic ?