Rate this topic

Salamalekum,

I see a lot of people here giving advice to youths, if they are unable to do nikah temporarily or permanent than to do fasting. So i would like to ask those people that are giving  such advices to someone to practice fasting in order to control their desires. That have you yourself practice this method, if so for how long. I am not talking about for couple of days, but i want to know if you tried fasting for long periods of time like months and years, until you were able to get married. Therefore, if you have practice this technique, can you please tell me how was your experience and are you still fasting?

I'm 27 years old now and before, I tried this for a while and it didn't help. My experience is that being single when everyone else is fooling around is depressing. It's just a fact that I came to live with but on the bright side, time goes fast...really fast. The next thing you know, you're 27 and saying to yourself, "*?#!*%, have I been single for that long?!?". Cheers!

EDIT: It's more depressing when an opportunity arises (a girl expresses her interest to you) or you think an opportunity arises (which is more likely the case jk). And what is even more depressing is when you think an opportunity arises and you go after it, only to find out that there is nothing there and you're left wondering to yourself if you're really chaste or simply incompetent. I joke.  

Edited by Ali6

9 minutes ago, Ali6 said:

I'm 27 years old now and before, I tried this for a while and it didn't help. My experience is that being single when everyone else is fooling around is depressing. It's just a fact that I came to live with but on the bright side, time goes fast...really fast. The next thing you know, you're 27 and saying to yourself, "*?#!*%, have I been single for that long?!?". Cheers!

i am married but away from my wife due to visa issue. I agree with you to some extent about fasting, i have tried this method before. It works if you are single, and sincere about controlling, personally i feel masturbation and food intake go hand in hand. The less you eat, the less horny you get, one time i went couple of months without masturbating. After that i just gave up, i realized that i can't fast forever and hurried up my marriage process.

Role of  fasting in controlling lust

There is no doubt that fasting has an important role in controlling lust, because there is a close relationship between lust and eating nutritious foods. So, avoid these nourishing foods  has essential role in controlling lust, this is why fasting is  highly recommended for single  people  in Ahadith ,for example, the holy prophet, peace be upon him, said “O youth Get married. If you cannot, you should fast because fasting  can control your lost’’ (Kafey , volume 4, page 180). Elsewhere the holy prophet said Fasting can eliminates illegal Nafs desires which are the source of all corruption, in addition, it can suppress and control lost” ( Behar al- Anwar , volume 93,page 254). In addition , the holy prophet said “Fasting helps to control lust and to avoid sin” .( Wasa’l Al-shi’a, volume 7, page 300).

It is important to note that two days fasting per week can be   useful to reduce sexual desire. If one cannot fast, then, reducing the amount of food and increasing the distance between meals is helpful.

Edited by dawudansari2

6 hours ago, Caliguy said:

Salamalekum,

I see a lot of people here giving advice to youths, if they are unable to do nikah temporarily or permanent than to do fasting. So i would like to ask those people that are giving  such advices to someone to practice fasting in order to control their desires. That have you yourself practice this method, if so for how long. I am not talking about for couple of days, but i want to know if you tried fasting for long periods of time like months and years, until you were able to get married. Therefore, if you have practice this technique, can you please tell me how was your experience and are you still fasting?

:salam:

You asked somehow the same question in another post but not as separate topic but as a comment. It is very good to see that you decided to start a new topic about it, I answered there for you minutes ago and now I see this so to prevent any repeat, here is the link to those advises for youths, like my very humble self.