alisoraqi

What is the Eid -ul-Fitr

Rate this topic

Eid Ul Fitr is never a joyful event for Sistani followers. It's rather depressing that believing men and women (my family) have eid tomorrow in Lebanon and I have it on Thrusday. No joy what so ever and so divided, just what shia's needed.

Edited by Crimson

I'm also a little confused.. It's true Sistani is my marja and we must always follow him-- but I don't see why all other believers have Eid on Wednesday because of a moon sighting in my area, and I have to wait because I have to follow a different area's sighting :/

29 minutes ago, Jafar moh said:

I'm also a little confused.. It's true Sistani is my marja and we must always follow him-- but I don't see why all other believers have Eid on Wednesday because of a moon sighting in my area, and I have to wait because I have to follow a different area's sighting :/

I have been looking for information regarding his reasoning but I can't find anything. I think we are allowed to not follow him if he doesnt give sufficient reasoning right?

The quote that is famous:

when the Ramzan is complete we have Eid ul Fitar

When the hajj is complete we have Eid ul adha

when the religion / islam is compete we have Eid e Ghadeer.

Congratulation on these Eid to all momin brothers & sisters

Edited by skamran110

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Shias and Sunnis of Lebanon are having 3id today, Wednesday.  The only ones who had 3id yesterday, Tuesday, was the office of Sayyid Fad'Allah.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

I live in a sunni area. I never seen so many muslims. Is this usual, millions suddenly appear from nowhere? I think they have to hold 2 seperate jumma (friday) prayers, and maybe 5 seperate eid prayers, yet at fajr normally theres maybe 20 people attend if that.