Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali6

Profile Pics

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, gentleman. said:

In fact, surely you mean: Ayatollah Khamenei

Listen old man, I don't know if this is true but I read the following: The term (Ayatollah) was not commonly used a title until the early twentieth century. The title of Ayatollah became popularized with the creation of Qom Seminary in 1922. [1]

35 minutes ago, Ali6 said:

I find it really odd that members here use profile pictures of someone else because it feels like I'm conversing with that particular person. I was like, "Khamenei? Is that you??" or in another incident, "This alim sure can't spell for crap". Now, I know that it is obvious that particular individuals like Nasrallah probably wouldn't use ShiaChat

ahahahahhaha LOL

1 hour ago, Ali6 said:

Listen old man, I don't know if this is true but I read the following: The term (Ayatollah) was not commonly used a title until the early twentieth century. The title of Ayatollah became popularized with the creation of Qom Seminary in 1922. [1]

Listen handsome man! Nowadays Ayat Allah is an honorific title for Shia scholars. If you just don't like to use it then replace it with another respectful title. After all, you are not ready to call prominent figures that you respect with their family name.

6 minutes ago, amirhosein_88 said:

Listen handsome man! Nowadays Ayat Allah is an honorific title for Shia scholars. If you just don't like to use it then replace it with another respectful title. After all, you are not ready to call prominent figures that you respect with their family name.

I'm flattered - thank you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but according to Sistani whom I follow, it's not wajib to call any of our Shia scholars by an honorific title. 

29 minutes ago, Ali6 said:

I'm flattered - thank you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but according to Sistani whom I follow, it's not wajib to call any of our Shia scholars by an honorific title. 

I just describe what i saw :-) though when it is virtual there is no guarantee if the pic is real or not. So for me, it does not make any difference if people choose their (claimed to be real) pictures or the pics of great personalities or whatever.

I am not talking about Islamic laws. What i am trying to explain is that, at least in many cultures, the family names of respectful people are not mentioned without any prefix such as Mr, Mrs and the like. So at least in my culture, referring to the names of scholars as Sistani, Khamenei etc. is against the accepted norms. It is not something limited to scholars. It includes all the people but more important for prominent figures.

13 minutes ago, Pisiform said:

its the internet, you shouldn't be putting your real picture or address or credit card or pin number on here for all to see

I know - the whole topic was a joke. 

5 hours ago, Ali6 said:

I don't know who they are and it looks like I'm arguing with a turban-wearing old man 2 am at night. Or I get intrigued when I see Tabatabaei and some commander of Hezbollah argue back and forth over muta. 

Omg seriously can't control my laughter ahahahaha. I am literally face palming myself lel.

Your not the only one, sometimes I feel that way on SC as well aha when I see peoples PPs.

24 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I'm confused as to why I can't just upload from my files instead of having to use Gravitar. I would like to argue as a sea animal again when I am done officially celebrating my daughter and son-in-law's wedding.. 

Here you go, buddy...

F5sQHXRS.jpg

5 hours ago, Ali6 said:

This is just a rant. I find it really odd that members here use profile pictures of someone else because it feels like I'm conversing with that particular person. I was like, "Khamenei? Is that you??" or in another incident, "This alim sure can't spell for crap". Now, I know that it is obvious that particular individuals like Nasrallah probably wouldn't use ShiaChat and especially with that tone but some users use pictures of martyrs or dignitaries that apparently, I didn't get the memo of. I don't know who they are and it looks like I'm arguing with a turban-wearing old man 2 am at night. Or I get intrigued when I see Tabatabaei and some commander of Hezbollah argue back and forth over muta. 

I don't know who half the photos are yet so I'm good. On the other hand. I used the BVM for Christmas season and everyone here knew who that was...no problem.

7 hours ago, Ali6 said:

This is just a rant. I find it really odd that members here use profile pictures of someone else because it feels like I'm conversing with that particular person. I was like, "Khamenei? Is that you??" or in another incident, "This alim sure can't spell for crap". Now, I know that it is obvious that particular individuals like Nasrallah probably wouldn't use ShiaChat and especially with that tone but some users use pictures of martyrs or dignitaries that apparently, I didn't get the memo of. I don't know who they are and it looks like I'm arguing with a turban-wearing old man 2 am at night. Or I get intrigued when I see Tabatabaei and some commander of Hezbollah argue back and forth over muta. 

Its kind of weird seeing a picture of Musa Sadr and imagining him writing an angsty teenage post or sassing back at Sayyid Nasrallah over tatbir or which video game is better.  My weirdest moment was when I was talking to "Sadr" and he was giving me the reason why he supports Ba'athists and the Ba'ath party and Bashar Assad in general @Ali6

Although I am pretty sure that I am pretty confusing as well being a Roman general and statesman. 

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Well, I have a Luma to represent the innocence of the younger Muslims. I like to be considered the Luma of ShiaChat currently.

I've got some Star Bits to share to everyone now.

StarBits.png

Enjoy. :grin:

Edited by pwwnd123

I change my beard style and headwear every week, but my best one was definitely the avatar with the turban ("Da Shaykh").

I inadvertently end up respecting people with maraje as their profile pictures a lot more than people with pictures of themselves taking egocentric mirror selfies with their fancy expensive cameras *cough*@Haji 2003*cough*, or cheap phone-edited snapshots of themselves putting on a seatbelt *ahm*@Marbles*ahm*. @Ruq and @Khadim uz Zahra's pictures both invoke a deeply-rooted feral instinct of fear inside me every time I see them.

@Son of Placid are you by any chance a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins?

5 hours ago, Ruq said:

Whats scary about a talking bear? You have no facial features!

Argh! So this is a diss thread now!?

You misinterpret your own picture. The koala-bear hybrid is in fact hungry and thirsting for my blood!

3 hours ago, Ruq said:

You said the k-word. The k-word is not acceptable. One of my representatives will be in touch. The best advice i can give you right now is to stay clear of elevators, building sites and open windows.

So that's how it's gonna be?

I'll re-don my turban and declare takfir on all of your bears, making it wajib on all of the muslimeen in the West to send them to the pits of jahannum!!

Edited by Shaykh Patience101