Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam to end the temp marriage i understand that you have to forgive the remander of the time and its up to the man for that but can someone please tell me weather or not a man can end it when ever he wants or do both have to mutually agree upon it? Please provide me proof

Salam

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2357/

2518. There is no question of of divorce in the case of a woman with whom temporary marriage is contracted, for example, for one month or one year. She becomes free when the period of her marriage expires or when the man forgoes the period of her marriage by saying: "I hereby exempt you from the remaining time of marriage", and it is not necessary to have a witness nor that the woman should be Pak from her Haidh

18 minutes ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Salam thank you very much for reply but what if she does not agree to ending the fixed married do i still have the authority to end it if does not

Salam, from what I understand, she has zero say in the matter. She even doesnt have the right to demand sustainance from her partner even if she gets pregnant

Dear brother -

A husband in a timed nikah arrangement giving his wife her time back means he is telling her that she going to be non-mahram for him from that time on. Why a woman needs to have any consent in it anyway?

Remember in Islam, woman is the one who initiates the aqd - In both cases woman offers herself up for marriage to the man.

Timed marriage = "take me as a wife for x time and y amount".

Untimed marriage = "take me as a wife for y amount".

and the main says "yes".

In case of ending the untimed marriage (divorce) or timed marriage (giving time back), the equation is flipped. But it would be irrational if Allah swt allows the woman to refuse her own divorce. Woman has all the powers when she is binding a man to herself through a marriage contract. On a flip side, she looses the power of separation for "just because" reasons. Now the man has all the powers to remain with her or not. 

Although out of His infinite mercy, Allah swt still gives women a way out for more than "just because" reasons, meaning women asking for khula if they are oppressed or abhor the husband altogether.