Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Announcement for Eid Al-Fitr 1437

The Ahlulbayt Islamic Mission (AIM) wishes you and your family a joyous and happy Eid Al-Fitr.

There have been verified sightings of the new crescent on the night of Tuesday 5th July 2016 in the Middle East, and although it is not possible to view the moon with the naked eye in the United Kingdom, it is possible to sight it with optical aids.

On this basis, we can confirm that according to the jurisprudential opinion of Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamanei, tomorrow, Wednesday 6th July 2016 will be the first of Shawwal and therefore Eid Al-Fitr in the Middle East, America, Africa, Australia, and most of Southern and Central Europe including the United Kingdom. Scandinavian countries would have Eid Al-Fitr on Thursday 7th July 2016 according to the opinion of Ayatollah Khamenei, as the moon cannot be sighted with optical aids in these regions. 

As for the jurisprudential opinion of Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Sistani, Eid Al-Fitr will be on Wednesday 6th July 2016 in the Middle East, United States, Africa, and Australia. As for the United Kingdom, Northern Europe (including Scandinavia), Eid Al-Fitr will be on Thursday 7th July 2016, unless there is a verified local sighting which is unlikely.

More details are available on our website: http://www.aimislam.com/announcement-for-eid-al-fitr-1437/

http://www.ic-el.com/en/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

why it wasn't spotted in UK?

It is the same moon that is spotted in middle east!

Brother - look at the visibility curve I put in my previous post. Per that pic, the moon will not be visible in UK and Scandinavia on Tue night but on Wed night, so the ruling is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

why it wasn't spotted in UK?

It is the same moon that is spotted in middle east!

Sayid Sistani and a number of other maraji' including Sayid Khamenei believe that in order for it to be Eid in a particular country the crescent has to be visible in that area.  Other maraji' (eg Sayid Khoi, Sayid Fadhlallah) say that if it is sighted in one country, then it is also Eid in all other countries that share the same night with that country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Majalis Ulema Shia Europe just announced:

 

Based on astronomical data and charts from various sources, the details of which are in the report below, on Tuesday 5th July 2016 it is impossible to sight the new moon with the naked eye in the UK. However, according to some of the sources, it is possible to sight the new moon on Tuesday 5th July 2016 with optical aid only, and the new moon will also be visible with the naked eye in other parts of the world.
Therefore, based on the differences in the edicts of the Marja-e-Izam and based on astronomical data, Majlis-e-Ulama-e-Shia (Europe) announces that the day of Eid-ul-Fitr for the Muqallideen of Ayatullah al-Uzma Sayyid Ali al-Sistani, is on Thursday 7th July 2016.
And the day of Eid-ul-Fitr for the Muqallideen of other Maraja-e-Izam is on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
Majlis-e-Ulama-e-Shia (Europe) wishes to extend good wishes and felicitations to all Momineen on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, and we pray that all our worships, prayers and supplications during the Holy and Blessed month of Ramadhan are accepted with the Grace of Allah (s.w.t.) and that He showers His blessings and bounties upon us all, with the intercession of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) and the Ahlul-Bayt (a.s.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it okay to have eid tomorrow even though I follow the Sistani, I am on the side that if the moon is seen in one country then its eid for everyone. Am I allowed to do that or do I have to follow him completely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Is it okay to have eid tomorrow even though I follow the Sistani, I am on the side that if the moon is seen in one country then its eid for everyone. Am I allowed to do that or do I have to follow him completely?

If you follow him alone then you have to follow him completely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sense said:

If you follow him alone then you have to follow him completely. 

Do you happen to have any information on how he came to the conclusion that there can be two different eids on the planet when there is only one moon for everyone. Why is my family in the middle east having Eid on Wednesday and I am having Eid on Thursday? There is only a two hour difference between us. Cant we pretend we are one country and therefore it's eid for everyone?

I cant follow something illogical, so do you happen to have any articles or something that can help me understand this and make sense of it.

Edited by Crimson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I dont do taqleed to shaykh basheer najafy however i follow his ruling regarding eid, i.e. If its eid anywhere, its eid everywhere.

Isn't this also the ruling of Sayed Khoei/Sayed Fadlullah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand what Southern European countries should do. I personally follow Sistani.
From his website:

" However, North Asian countries, China, Russia, Azerbaijan and European countries will celebrate Eid on Thursday. "

but quoting few posts ago

Quote

As for the jurisprudential opinion of Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Sistani, Eid Al-Fitr will be on Wednesday 6th July 2016 in the Middle East, United States, Africa, and Australia. As for the United Kingdom, Northern Europe (including Scandinavia), Eid Al-Fitr will be on Thursday 7th July 2016, unless there is a verified local sighting which is unlikely.


I'm confused :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, khudr said:

I don't understand what Southern European countries should do. I personally follow Sistani.
From his website:

" However, North Asian countries, China, Russia, Azerbaijan and European countries will celebrate Eid on Thursday. "

but quoting few posts ago


I'm confused :S

They arent very clear or organised are they, but I am sure it also applies to southern Europe too.

Edited by Crimson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Crimson said:

They arent very clear or organised are they, but I am sure it also applies to southern Europe too.

Sistani understanding of the narrations regarding  the sighting of the moon is " naked eye sighting"

So calculations are not "sighting" nor using modern aids like telescope.

That's why, if it is not sighted in your area, it is not eid for  you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Sistani understanding of the narrations regarding  the sighting of the moon is " naked eye sighting"

So calculations are not "sighting" nor using modern aids like telescope.

That's why, if it is not sighted in your area, it is not eid for  you!

Yes I totally get that but how can there be two different eids... two different qadrs, etc. I mean it's one moon, it's one planet... all I am asking for is the reasoning behind it. What if the world was part of one country would that change the rulling then? Is it man made borders that create these differences? What's the logic behind it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Yes I totally get that but how can there be two different eids... two different qadrs, etc. I mean it's one moon, it's one planet... all I am asking for is the reasoning behind it. What if the world was part of one country would that change the rulling then? Is it man made borders that create these differences? What's the logic behind it?

the logic is to follow the narrations 0.0

Narrations said : Fast when you see the crescent and have Eid when you see the crescent ( of the next month)

Lunar months are not fixed. You should really sight the moon to make sure when the month starts and when the month ends.

Moon cannot be seen everywhere on planet similarly. Take for example when there is an eclipse. Only the countries where the eclipse is witnessed have to offer the prayer of Ayaat.

According to Sayyid Kho'ei though, the horizon is one for all of us on earth. So what's seen in far east should be accepted as "seen" in far west because the horizon of west and east is one. 

Other maraji'e say that the shared night horizon is one. So if your country could not spot the moon, but there is a country say in Africa where the moon can be seen and both your country and african country has shared night hours, then you can say that the moon was seen in your country.

 

It all depends on how one understood the narrations regarding sighting and horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

the logic is to follow the narrations 0.0

Narrations said : Fast when you see the crescent and have Eid when you see the crescent ( of the next month)

Lunar months are not fixed. You should really sight the moon to make sure when the month starts and when the month ends.

Moon cannot be seen everywhere on planet similarly. Take for example when there is an eclipse. Only the countries where the eclipse is witnessed have to offer the prayer of Ayaat.

According to Sayyid Kho'ei though, the horizon is one for all of us on earth. So what's seen in far east should be accepted as "seen" in far west because the horizon of west and east is one. 

Other maraji'e say that the shared night horizon is one. So if your country could not spot the moon, but there is a country say in Africa where the moon can be seen and both your country and african country has shared night hours, then you can say that the moon was seen in your country.

 

It all depends on how one understood the narrations regarding sighting and horizon.

So would it not be possible to be a follower of Sistani but when it comes to eid accept the explanation of Sayyid Kho'ie? As for the night hours, do you mean that even if a country it ahead of the UK by like 2 hours but they have night at a certain point together or do you mean they need to be exactly the same in terms of hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Crimson said:

So would it not be possible to be a follower of Sistani but when it comes to eid accept the explanation of Sayyid Kho'ie? As for the night hours, do you mean that even if a country it ahead of the UK by like 2 hours but they have night at a certain point together or do you mean they need to be exactly the same in terms of hours?

yep, lets say it is Eid in Iraq which is ahead of UK by 3 hours, then to UK people it is Eid. Similarly if in Iraq moon couldn't be seen but it was seen in UK while Iraq was still in night time, it'll be eid in Iraq

But this is not sayyid sistani understanding if I'm not mistaken

If you want t refer to another marjie in case of Eid, you have to change the whole rulings of ramadan ( the fasting) and the prayer rulings because they are related. You cannot pick and choose but you have to follow a certain method of understanding of narrations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...