Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Musu

Which Sunni hadiths the Shias accept?

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum,

I've been wondering if there are any hadiths that both the Sunnis and the Shias have in common? In other words, do Shias accept any of the Sunni hadiths? Of course, Wikipedia isn't reliable a source, but it says the following in the Shia-Sunni relations article:

The Shias accept some of the same hadiths used by Sunnis as part of the sunnah to argue their case.

Is this true? What hadiths might those be? :-P

Thanks!

Just now, Musu said:

Salam Alaykum,

? In other words, do Shias accept any of the Sunni hadiths?

Thanks!

Shia accept the sunni hadith as a general rule which are verified by their own / shia sources too.

Shia refer to the sunni hadith to provide the evidence to them from their authentic books of hadith (siheen).

Wassalam

Thanks, skamran110. Does this mean that there are whole Sunni hadith books that Shias accept, or does it depend case-by-case which individual passages are verified by the Shia hadiths?

Can you give me an example of such a hadhith? I am eager to learn! :-)

Thanks!

Edited by Musu
Can you give me an example of such a hadhith? I am eager to learn! :-)

1 hour ago, Musu said:

Salam Alaykum,

I've been wondering if there are any hadiths that both the Sunnis and the Shias have in common? In other words, do Shias accept any of the Sunni hadiths? Of course, Wikipedia isn't reliable a source, but it says the following in the Shia-Sunni relations article:

Thanks!

salamun alaykum.

After many years of research, last year an encyclopedia of common narrations between Shia and Sunni schools was presented. It is titled: سلسله الاحادیث المشترکه بین الشیعه و السنه

It has 62 volumes including 50 subjects:

1. القرآن الکریم فی الأحادیث المشترکة؛

2. التفسیر الماثور للقرآن الکریم في الأحادیث المشترکة (ج 1و2)؛

3. الأحادیث القدسیة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

4. محمّد رسول الله(ص) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

5. اخلاق النبی(ص) و أوصافه وسیرته في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

6. الامام علی(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

7. فاطمة الزهراء(س) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

8. الامامان الحسن والحسین(ع) فيالأحادیث المشترکة؛

9. الامام المهدی(عج) فيالأحادیث المشترکة؛

10. اهل البیت(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة.

11. آدم(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

12. عیسی المسیح(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

13. موسی الکلیم(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

14. یوسف الصدّیق(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

15. ابراهیم الخلیل(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

16. نوح الشکور(ع) في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

17. الدرر التاج لجامع أحادیث الرسول(ص) (ج1و2)؛

18. التوحید في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

19. النبوة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

20. المعاد في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

21. الزيارة والتوسّل والتبرّک و الاستشفاء في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

22. الأخلاق في الأحادیث المشترکة (ج 1و2و3)؛

23. الوحدة الاسلامية فيالأحادیث المشترکة؛

24. الحاکم الاسلامی في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

25. النصوص الاقتصادیة في الأحادیث المشترکة (ج1و2و3)؛

26. الطهاره في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

27. أحکام الجنائز في الأحاديث المشترکة؛

28. الصلاة في الأحادیث المشترکة (ج 1و2و3)؛

29. الصلاة الجمعة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

30. الصوم في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

31. الحجّ في الأحادیث المشترکة (ج 1و2 )؛

32. حجّ البیت الحرام، معطیاته و احکامه في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

33. الجهاد في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

34. الأمر بالمعروف والنهی عن المنکر في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

35. الزکاة و الخمس و الصدقة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

36. المعاملات في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

37. البیع في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

38. النکاح والفراق في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

39. الوصیة والإرث في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

40. الصيد والذباحة و الاطعمة و الاشربة و الالبسة في الأحاديث المشترکة؛

41. الحدود والقصاص والديات في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

42. القضاء والشهادات في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

43. شخصيّة المرأة المسلمة وحقوقها الشرعیة والإجتماعیة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

44. احکام المرأة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

45. الانسان طفلاً وشباباً و شیباً في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

46. لباب النقول في الأحادیث المشترکة (ج 1و2و3و4)

47. الأدعية المأثورة في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

48. الطبیب و الطبابةفي الأحادیث المشترکة؛

49. الاعراب وتعامل النبي) معهم في الأحادیث المشترکة؛

50. ابلیس في الأحادیث المشترکة.

1 hour ago, Musu said:

Salam Alaykum,

Thanks!

90% of Sunnuism and Shi'ism is similar, the difference is in 10%, so it is completely logical if they share the same idea in some hadiths. For instance, the Velayah hadith and Qdeer hadith were both narrated by Sunnis and Shias.

@amirhosein_88 Wau! And each (most) of the volumes comprehend hundreds of pages? Just to make sure: those are not hadith books but volumes of an encyclopedia that summarizes shared narratives from various hadith books? For example, "subject 7 out of 62, marriage; volume 5 out of 50: Sahih al-Bukhari 5190 (Sunni) <=> Kitab al-Kafi xxxx (Shia)."

Did I get the idea correctly? :-)

Thanks!

Edited by Musu

@skamran110, thanks. Just to make sure: those are not hadith books but volumes of an encyclopedia that summarizes shared narratives from various hadith books? For example, "subject 7 out of 62, marriage; volume 5 out of 50: Sahih al-Bukhari 5190 (Sunni) <=> Kitab al-Kafi xxxx (Shia)."

Or how do these work? Sorry for the repetition. :-)

7 hours ago, Hidaren said:

90% of Sunnuism and Shi'ism is similar, the difference is in 10%, so it is completely logical if they share the same idea in some hadiths. For instance, the Velayah hadith and Qdeer hadith were both narrated by Sunnis and Shias.

@Hidaren, Oooh, I've understood that the Shiias and the Sunnis have principally different hadiths that on many parts contradict each other. :-O That's why I started this thread, even, to find if there is some common ground...

Edited by Musu

10 hours ago, Musu said:

Salam Alaykum,

Thanks!

There is a lot in common between shia and sunni ahadith books. Many words of the prophet s.a.w, al Qudsi's, events that occurred i.e history, aqeedah and fiqh we share in common.

Thus, we probably share and accept large portions [not majority, only a large portion] of your ahadith, on a case by case basis if we can verify it.

This does not mean it needs to be word for word in our own books. Verification is also to be done by those qualified. 

And let this not detract from the fact, there are many big differences.

Here's one:

Edited by Tawheed313

37 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

There is a lot in common between shia and sunni ahadith books. Many words of the prophet s.a.w, al Qudsi's, events that occurred i.e history, aqeedah and fiqh we share in common.

Thus, we probably share and accept large portions [not majority, only a large portion] of your ahadith, on a case by case basis if we can verify it.

This does not mean it needs to be word for word in our own books. Verification is also to be done by those qualified. 

And let this not detract from the fact, there are many big differences.

Here's one:

Asalamualaikum Tawheed, hmm what do you do if you come across a sunni hadith, do you personally take it or leave it?

9 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

Asalamualaikum Tawheed, hmm what do you do if you come across a sunni hadith, do you personally take it or leave it?

I'm not a scholar nor qualified to give an opinion on what one should do, and what i personally do is not of any value or significance.

I would take that ahadith and run it through reliable scholars/sheikhs who have spent years, and years [not just one or two] studying in the proper institutions in Q'om etc.

You can reach them via emailing, and they do respond.

Or, there are books with many sunni ahadith, where we ourselves [our scholars] have used them.

Or ones identical, almost, with some authentic ones of our own.

Ultimately, even then, i'm not qualified to say even in this instance how to act. It's really a case by case thing.

16 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

I'm not a scholar nor qualified to give an opinion on what one should do, and what i personally do is not of any value or significance.

I would take that ahadith and run it through reliable scholars/sheikhs who have spent years, and years [not just one or two] studying in the proper institutions in Q'om etc.

You can reach them via emailing, and they do respond.

Or, there are books with many sunni ahadith, where we ourselves [our scholars] have used them.

Or ones identical, almost, with some authentic ones of our own.

Ultimately, even then, i'm not qualified to say even in this instance how to act. It's really a case by case thing.

Asalamualaikum could you give reference to those books, if not mentioned in above posts, or the scholars emails?

7 hours ago, Musu said:

@skamran110, thanks. Just to make sure: those are not hadith books but volumes of an encyclopedia that summarizes shared narratives from various hadith books? For example, "subject 7 out of 62, marriage; volume 5 out of 50: Sahih al-Bukhari 5190 (Sunni) <=> Kitab al-Kafi xxxx (Shia)."

Or how do these work? Sorry for the repetition. :-)

I have no more information presently. But the text mention in my last post does show these are hadith  common in both shia and sunni sources.

Edited by skamran110