Sign in to follow this  
A1 BOSS

World of Illusion

Rate this topic

This physical world, along with it's people, personalities, facades etc are all illusions. The important thing is what lies behind the image. What is the true essence of the image...?

In most cases the true essence of beings has been corrupted because they allow images to dictate their true inner essence, their nature. 

The image of the mo'mineen is easily recognizable as being just and virtuous. What you see is what you get it. Their inner nature and essence is not hidden by any illusions. In a way most of us are magicians, illusionists, casting an image to mask our true characters to attain material goals.

But the mo'min do not mask their characters with false personas to be "in" with the crowd.

Salam alaykum to all the mo'mineen...May Allah bless all the innocents under persecution in the world

2 hours ago, Young Lion said:

This physical world, along with it's people, personalities, facades etc are all illusions. The important thing is what lies behind the image. What is the true essence of the image...?

In most cases the true essence of beings has been corrupted because they allow images to dictate their true inner essence, their nature. 

The image of the mo'mineen is easily recognizable as being just and virtuous. What you see is what you get it. Their inner nature and essence is not hidden by any illusions. In a way most of us are magicians, illusionists, casting an image to mask our true characters to attain material goals.

But the mo'min do not mask their characters with false personas to be "in" with the crowd.

Salam alaykum to all the mo'mineen...May Allah bless all the innocents under persecution in the world

Salam

Satan makes us belittle wisdom in this world. We know these things to be true but he wishes for us to belittle the wisdom and make great the world he inspires us by his deceptions.

What you said is beautiful, true, but usually, people awaken to these things in the truest sense when it's too little too late.

We care so much about our physical appearance (I go to the gym to make myself look better for example) but we neglect our spiritual image. Or we put on mask and don't care who we are inside in God's eyes, the one who truly defines us.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ ۖ فَلَا تَغُرَّنَّكُمُ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَلَا يَغُرَّنَّكُمْ بِاللَّهِ الْغَرُورُ {5}

O humans! surely the promise of Allah is true, therefore let not the life of this world deceive you, and let not the deceptions  deceive you respecting Allah.

إِنَّ الشَّيْطَانَ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ فَاتَّخِذُوهُ عَدُوًّا ۚ إِنَّمَا يَدْعُو حِزْبَهُ لِيَكُونُوا مِنْ أَصْحَابِ السَّعِيرِ {6}

Surely the Shaitan is your enemy, so take him for an enemy; he only invites his party that they may be inmates of the burning fire.

الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ شَدِيدٌ ۖ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةٌ وَأَجْرٌ كَبِيرٌ {7}

(As for) those who disbelieve, they shall have a severe punishment, and (as for) those who believe and do good, they shall have forgiveness and a great reward.

أَفَمَنْ زُيِّنَ لَهُ سُوءُ عَمَلِهِ فَرَآهُ حَسَنًا ۖ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يُضِلُّ مَنْ يَشَاءُ وَيَهْدِي مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۖ فَلَا تَذْهَبْ نَفْسُكَ عَلَيْهِمْ حَسَرَاتٍ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ {8}

What! is he whose evil deed is made fairseeming to him so much so that he considers it good? Now surely Allah makes err whom He pleases and guides aright whom He pleases, so let not your soul waste away in grief for them; surely Allah is Cognizant of what they do

If we can just hear these words once in our hearts as they ought to be heard. It would be game over and the deceptions would be unveiled. If we can hear these words in our hearts and see the sincere admonishment of God which is a sincerity on absolute level, and it's admonishment he speaks to the core of our being, the deception would be over, the Satan would know he stands no chance. But we take it as some sort of game....we don't take it seriously this trial we in.

7 hours ago, Young Lion said:

I think the outer world is created "bil haq" i.e in, of and via truth. 

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=14&verse=19

For me that is disclosure in this sense, the truth of phenomenal and noumenal being. (manifest appearance and hidden physical reality). As it was is and will be.

You are right - i think - that inner nature (fitra) can be disclosed through piety, belief etc. But also the external objective truth can be disclosed also, we are "in the know" about the facts around us. 

This contrasts with the belief deaf, dumb and blind, and the being curtained or veiled which is mentioned of those in denial. 

In theory at least. I believe but don't have keys to the unseen, excepting via a life of faith and a sense of real-world affirmation therein.

I come from an atheist background where I got hints at some of these ideas (heidegger, kant, aristotle, rand) - so I mention my sources. Humbly.

For me truth is something we can cling to or flee from, as is life. Belief in God especially, and zikr and salat, helps me "bond" to life, as a human life-form connected to its world ... coupled to its environment through thought emotion and action. This is the life affirmaiton I was seeking in the world of illusion (partying YOLO mentality etc) as an atheist but couldn't attain. I htink its said that the faithful will have a better dunya then the non believer, and a better akhira also.

Therea s a hadith mentioned of Ali (as/ra) along these lines'....why do you cling to the world when you know it is passing away" etc. Also IIRC theres a saying "the best jihad is to expect the Great Relief"!

That first quote is similar to the idea in the bible IIRC and St Augustine - hearts find rest in God. God is sometimes called the "rock of ages" - I am interested in the neuroscience of zikr, how it may calm the mind amidst the "noise and haste" (see the desiderata http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/max-ehrmann.html )  Also I like the idea of Islam "fitting" the archetypes of the unconscious mind, in terms of initiation heaven, hell, wise man etc in a way thats better that the Christian ideals.