Al Amir

What is your favorite verse of the Quran

Rate this topic

Share your favorite Quranic verses under this thread.

Mine is:

"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you,And perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you.Allah knows while you know not." (2:216)

Note:Regarding a verse of the Quran superior to or more important than any other Quranic verse is very dangerous and forbidden in Islam.

مَّنِ اهْتَدَى‏ فَإِنَّمَا يهَْتَدِى لِنَفْسِهِ  وَ مَن ضَلَّ فَإِنَّمَا يَضِلُّ عَلَيهَْا  وَ لَا تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرَى‏  وَ مَا كُنَّا مُعَذِّبِينَ حَتىَ‏ نَبْعَثَ رَسُولًا(15)

Whosoever goes right, it is only for (the good of) his own soul that he goes right, and whosoever erred, erred only to its hurt. No laden soul can bear another's load, we never punish until we have sent a messenger. (17, 15)

وَقُلْ جَاءَ الْحَقُّ وَزَهَقَ الْبَاطِلُ ۚ إِنَّ الْبَاطِلَ كَانَ زَهُوقًا {81}

[Shakir 17:81] And say: The truth has come and the falsehood has vanished; surely falsehood is a vanishing (thing).
[Pickthal 17:81] And say: Truth hath come and falsehood hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever bound to vanish.
[Yusufali 17:81] And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 17:81]

This verse declares the established authority of Islam over all false creeds and religions. It is also a prophecy that one day falsehood shall be wiped out for ever, when the living Imam Al Mahdi Al Qa-im will come back and take full control of the whole world.

وَنُرِيدُ أَن نَّمُنَّ عَلَى الَّذِينَ اسْتُضْعِفُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَنَجْعَلَهُمْ أَئِمَّةً وَنَجْعَلَهُمُ الْوَارِثِينَ 

And We desire to bestow a favour upon those who were deemed weak in the land, and to make them the leaders, and to make them the heirs. (Surah Qasas: 5)

Imam Ali ibn abi Talib says in the Nahj al Balagha that "those who were deemed weak" refers to the Ahl ul Bayt.

When Imam Muhammad bin Hasan al-Mahdi would appear and Islam would be established in the whole world with his coming, the entire earth would be ruled by him and all disbelievers will vanish from the face of the earth.

Edited by NooralHussain

أَيَحْسَبُ أَن لَّمْ يَرَهُ أَحَدٌ

(90:7)

"Does he think no one sees him?".

A lot of people don't perceive the fact that we cannot exist without a perception. We aren't that perception that maintains our value and what we are because we often misjudge ourselves as we misjudge others.  We constantly act on the view there is a perception maintaining who we are, not only that, but a perfect perception being the only perception that can truly judge us. The Surah then goes on to the absurdity with assuming there is no vision to who who we are with fact that God points to two paths...that of good and that of evil, and that would not possible if we do not know there is a perception to our actions and who we are, our exact identity.

The Quran could of emphasized in Suratal Al-Alaq for example, "does he not know God created him" but said "does he not know God sees him?". This points to me the author of Quran is aware of the arguments that point to God and manifest him, rather, then common arguments people are use to. It's because he knows the Satan wants people to stick to common weak arguments, rather, then be reminded of perceptions we have and are constantly witnessing.

At the same time, it says things in short concise manner...that it's not being over assertive and argumentative. It leaves the reciter to belittle words or really think about them  to the point it becomes overwhelming.

These type of verses are reminded through out Quran, but this one sticks out, it that it didn't say "does he think God doesn't see him" but made a stronger case and argument "does he (the human) think no one sees him?".

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

:bismillah:

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَىٰ أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ ۞ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [39:53]
Edited by Heavenly_Silk

Salam,

26:4.

إِن نَّشَأْ نُنَزِّلْ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ ٱلسَّمَآءِ ءَايَةً فَظَلَّتْ أَعْنَٰقُهُمْ لَهَا خَٰضِعِينَ

If (such) were Our Will, We could send down to them from the sky a Sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility.

Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, (and) the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not – light upon light – Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things. (al-Nur, 24/35)

I've loved this verse since childhood, it's the imagery that captivates me, and of course it refers to Imam Ali and the ahlul bayt. This is what I know from lectures I have listened to.

10 minutes ago, FreeSpirit said:

Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, (and) the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not – light upon light – Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things. (al-Nur, 24/35)

I've loved this verse since childhood, it's the imagery that captivates me, and of course it refers to Imam Ali and the ahlul bayt. This is what I know from lectures I have listened to.

It refers to Mohammad, Ali and their successors, but it also refers to how we are connected to them, and connected to God.

The light is a real thing, it's not some sort of conceptual code we have that is programmed in our minds. It's a living reality. Greatness is not simply conceptual, honor is not simply conceptual, it's attributes of the Reality we are part of and connected to.

To the Atheist, he acknowledge goodness, etc, but doesn't realize that God is His King, not some sort of code the Atheist takes for granted while acknowledging some of it and throwing away other parts of it.

Those who chose to chose from the light what they will and not submit to it fully, none of their deeds will be accepted. Those who deny it's blessed link to God, will inherit their dark denial and opposition to the source.

God guides through the light of his face and name. Those who wish to disconnect us from God are the worse of humanity.

God has put "connections" leading to him, and at the center of the spiritual world we are all connected to is the Guide who leads to God.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

:وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكًا وَنَحْشُرُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَعْمَىٰ* قَالَ رَبِّ لِمَ حَشَرْتَنِي أَعْمَىٰ وَقَدْ كُنتُ بَصِيرًا * قَالَ كَذَٰلِكَ أَتَتْكَ آيَاتُنَا فَنَسِيتَهَا ۖ وَكَذَٰلِكَ الْيَوْمَ تُنسَىٰ

“And the one who turned away from My remembrance – for him is a confined existence, and We shall raise him blind on the Day of Resurrection.”* He will say, “O my Lord, why have You raised me blind, whereas I was sighted?”He will say, “Similarly did Our signs come to you but you forgot them; and in the same way, nobody will heed you today.” (20/124)

Salam,

وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ (2:186

"And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided." 

Salamun alaykum.

It depends on time, place, mood, etc.

From sunset to dawn in the holy month of Ramadan, the following:

5:88:

َ كُلُوا مِمَّا رَزَقَكُمُ اللَّهُ حَلالاً طَيِّباً وَ اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذي أَنْتُمْ بِهِ مُؤْمِنُونَ
"Eat the lawful and good things Allah has provided you, and be wary of Allah in whom you have faith".

or

2:172:

يا أَيُّهَا الَّذينَ آمَنُوا كُلُوا مِنْ طَيِّباتِ ما رَزَقْناكُمْ وَ اشْكُرُوا لِلَّهِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ
"O you who have faith! Eat of the good things We have provided you, and thank Allah, if it is Him that you worship."

وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلْ لَهُ مَخْرَجًا* وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ وَمَنْ يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَالِغُ أَمْرِهِ قَدْ جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدْرًا

Allah will ease (matters) by His order for whosoever fears Him.

Such is the command of Allah that He has sent down to you. Whosoever fears Allah shall be relieved of his sins and given a mighty wage. (۵)

These verses belongs to theSurah At-Talaq which is recommended to recite by pious people and scholars whenever you face with difficulties.

And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors; most surely there are signs in this for the learned. [Holy Qur'an 30:22]

diversity.jpg

Subhanallah how deep is this verse! Allah is directly talking to ignorant and blind people:

أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْا إِلَى الطَّيْرِ فَوْقَهُمْ صَافَّاتٍ وَيَقْبِضْنَ ۚ مَا يُمْسِكُهُنَّ إِلَّا الرَّحْمَٰنُ ۚ إِنَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ بَصِيرٌ

19. Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them in the sky except the Most Gracious Lord. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything.