Sinan

Sisters, would you marry a grad student?

Rate this topic

I am 17, and I am considering studying psychology, but in order to get a job I need at least a master's degree...and the girl I want to marry is my age (17), and so I'm worried if I wait until after I get my master's degree to court her, she'd have gotten married by then....and she also lives in another US state, so she would have to move about 6 hours by car....so my question to you is, would a sister want to marry a brother in grad school, because grad students don't make much money.....although her dad is an imam, so I'm sure she would be used to not having a lot of money....

You should really be asking the girl you want to marry. Families vary in their expectations and hopes. Your family is a factor, the girl family is another factor and the overall situation that will be assessed by both families , and most importantly the girl herself. Is she the type that dose not want to stay alone in university or is she the type that dose not care about such a thing and her goal is to get nobel prize XD

It really depends on the individuals involved. Be optimistic, part to Allah to help you secure half of your religion, rely on him to ease obstacles from your way and In Sha Allah you will be telling us the happy news soon!

All the best brother, by the right of this month and Ahlulbayt!

37 minutes ago, Sinan said:

I am 17, and I am considering studying psychology, but in order to get a job I need at least a master's degree...and the girl I want to marry is my age (17), and so I'm worried if I wait until after I get my master's degree to court her, she'd have gotten married by then....and she also lives in another US state, so she would have to move about 6 hours by car....so my question to you is, would a sister want to marry a brother in grad school, because grad students don't make much money.....although her dad is an imam, so I'm sure she would be used to not having a lot of money....

If you are 17, you should worry about finishing high school first.

Salam, I am no sister but if I were you I would state my intentions, tell your father to talk to her father.

If you really like her then it is better to not wait, at least not wait without her knowing it. Maybe her father will agree but say that you will have to do X and Y first and then you can marry, then at least you will have "secured" her.

Anyways, Godspeed brother!