Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
6Roman6Catholic6

Shia View on Palestinian Attackers

Rate this topic

In the traditional Twelver Shia Islam view are Palestinian suicide bombers and knife attackers seen as martyrs? I know Iran does not recognize Israel as a state. But, does that mean Iran won't recognize Israel after peace is established with neighboring Arab countries? Jordan and Egypt have already made peace agreements with Israel. Also the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) recognizes Israels' right to exist. And if a Syrian regime change occurs it is likely that peace will be established if Israel returns the Golan Heights back to Syria. The Israeli chief rabbi Yitzhak Yosef sparked controversy when he said In March 2016, "According to Jewish law, gentiles should not live in the Land of Israel," He added, "If a non-Jew does not agree to take on the seven Noahide Laws, we should send him to Saudi Arabia." It seems as though peace may be far off course at this time. But, do Shia Ayatollahs teach of the possibility of peace with Israel?

(Israeli Cheif Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef)

.image.jpeg

As a Canadian, if a Native American knocked on my door and asked me to leave because this land was usurped from his ancestors, my response would be to laugh it off and tell him to get a life. Similarly, if a Palestinian knocked on an Israeli door and asked him to leave because the land was usurped from his ancestors and blah blah blah, I wouldn't expect the Israeli to pack up his bags and leave. Yes, what happened in the past is horrendous but that is the history of pretty much every other country in the world. Every land was usurped at one time or another and the best thing we can do is to learn to live in peace with one another. As the saying goes: The world is one country and the people are its citizens.

Edited by Ali6

4 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Definitely not. the killing of innocent civilians is not permitted without exception.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure that the majority opinion is that such people are martyrs.

I'd be interested to see a list of some different rulings on this issue, but can you imagine the uproar if someone said that those Lebanese suicide bombers who killed all those American and French soldiers weren't martyrs and in fact committed a sin.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

28 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I agree, but I'm pretty sure that the majority opinion is that such people are martyrs.

I'd be interested to see a list of some different rulings on this issue, but can you imagine the uproar if someone said that those Lebanese suicide bombers who killed all those American and French soldiers weren't martyrs and in fact committed a sin.

I said "civilians". 

Those killed by the Hizbollah fighters were openly at war with them. If the Hizbollah fighters had suicide bombed a market or a commercial place, it would have been wrong too. Another example is the kamikaze fighters of Japan who attacked military targets and revered by the Japanese as military heros.

I guess who and where determines if it is a condemnable act or not.

50 minutes ago, Ali6 said:

As a Canadian, if a Native American knocked on my door and asked me to leave because this land was usurped from his ancestors, my response would be to laugh it off and tell him to get a life. Similarly, if a Palestinian knocked on an Israeli door and asked him to leave because the land was usurped from his ancestors and blah blah blah, I wouldn't expect the Israeli to pack up his bags and leave. Yes, what happened in the past is horrendous but that is the history of pretty much every other country in the world. Every land was usurped at one time or another and the best thing we can do is to learn to live in peace with one another. As the saying goes: The world is one country and the people are its citizens.

But what if I kick you out today, will you fight back tomorrow? Last I checked Israel is still occupying more territories.

19 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

But what if I kick you out today, will you fight back tomorrow? Last I checked Israel is still occupying more territories.

Good point. I didn't take that into consideration - jazak Allah

14 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

I said "civilians". 

Those killed by the Hizbollah fighters were openly at war with them. If the Hizbollah fighters had suicide bombed a market or a commercial place, it would have been wrong too. Another example is the kamikaze fighters of Japan who attacked military targets and revered by the Japanese as military heros.

I guess who and where determines if it is a condemnable act or not.

It wasn't Hezbollah who carried out the attack, but do you have any sources that the Americans and French were openly at war with them?

As you say it is the who and where, but surely, but be called a martyr, that involves actually being killed, not killing yourself, the term is clearly just thrown around these days to justify certain acts, and make certain people feel better.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure that Hezbollah is supporting this so-called 3rd Intifada that mainly targets civilians.

1 hour ago, Ali_Hussain said:

It wasn't Hezbollah who carried out the attack, but do you have any sources that the Americans and French were openly at war with them?

As you say it is the who and where, but surely, but be called a martyr, that involves actually being killed, not killing yourself, the term is clearly just thrown around these days to justify certain acts, and make certain people feel better.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure that Hezbollah is supporting this so-called 3rd Intifada that mainly targets civilians.

It was claimed by a group by the name of "Islamic Jihad".

If Hezbollah is supporting them then they are wrong but suicide bombing civilians is usually not their MO so it could be conjecture on your part.

One of the reasons that Iran supports Palestine, refers to religious and ideological bases. Because it is the duty of All Muslims and Islamic countries to support Palestinian. This duty comes from our teachings which obliged us to this.

This duty is emphasized by many Quranic verse and hadiths which it is obligatory upon everybody.

Another principle of Iran's foreign policy is division of the world to two categories: the world of Islam and the world of infidels. So it is obligatory to support Islamic land against Non-Muslim.

Furthermore, the Quran says "Allah will not grant the unbelievers any way over the believers" which means we don’t have to let infidels and non-Muslims have domination over the Muslims.

So it is religious duty to support Palestinian against non-Muslim.

Edited by Mirkhalil