In the Name of God بسم الله

Independence for Britain! Votes to Leave

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Caravan fa mi ma?

You're getting better!

Now you've just got to come up with 70 excuses as to why you can't drink Guinness! The last time I told an Irishman that I didn't drink he stared at me in bewilderment for 2 minutes. :hahaha:

• Advanced Member

Alhamdulillah, I believe that this vote was the first step in the right direction. The remain campaign are certainly over-reacting to the situation and the whole media who were so biased towards remain failed to convince the people. The people ignored all the nonsense propaganda and they prevailed.

With the way the EU is heading, in a couple years time those who hated this decision will look back and say thank God we left this anti-democratic union. The EU economy is shrinking as when we joined the EU in 1973, the block accounted 37% of world GDP whereas by 2025 the EU will only account for 22% of world GDP. 

Take a look at Norway and Switzerland for example, who aren't even in the EU yet they export much more per capita to the EU than the UK does which suggests that EU membership isn't a pre-requisite for a healthy trading relationship. In addition, our best trading relationship isn't with the EU, it is outside! With countries such as USA & Switzerland and our largest investor is also the US!

We are the 5th largest Economy in the world and our place in the world will certainly not decrease either.

We will save £350bn a week to be able to invest in many areas including health, education, welfare etc. 

@DigitalUmmah In regards to the comment of £250bn loss you made, you do realise that even with Friday's adjustment (and profit making), the FTSE 100 ended 11% higher than it was in February? Try getting that rate of return from your bank account. Share prices go up and down regularly and quoting billions of 'losses' tends to ignore the 'profits' that people make too. Look back to August last year for a similar run of huge falls - can you even recall what cause that now? And whether that had any long-lasting effect?

Edited by Al-Hussayni

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

What would be the point in having a situation where you have to follow EU rules (including free movement of people), but have no say in making the rules? I can't see how this would be acceptable to the kind of people who voted to leave either.

More likely is that, depending on opinion polls over the next week or two, they will find some way of not withdrawing from the EU, or will call another referendum (possibly after general elections).

Insha'Allah.  If they can weasel out of everything else they promise, surely they can find a way of weaseling out of this too?  They are already going back on promises.    Ian Duncan Smith says there is going to be no £350 million a week for the NHS...no reduction in numbers of people coming into England.

3 hours ago, Al-Hussayni said:

@DigitalUmmah In regards to the comment of £250bn loss you made, you do realise that even with Friday's adjustment (and profit making), the FTSE 100 ended 11% higher than it was in February? Try getting that rate of return from your bank account. Share prices go up and down regularly and quoting billions of 'losses' tends to ignore the 'profits' that people make too. Look back to August last year for a similar run of huge falls - can you even recall what cause that now? And whether that had any long-lasting effect?

ok lets do this then - each month come back to this thread and lets summarise if the UK/ UK economy is better or worse since brexit?

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, Al-Hussayni said:

We will save £350bn a week to be able to invest in many areas including health, education, welfare etc. 

I think you'll find that it's claimed £350m saving and by the time it is all over, it will likely be a net cost, but the Brexiters will say that at least we have our 'independence' back.

So we can be independently unemployed.

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

What would be the point in having a situation where you have to follow EU rules (including free movement of people), but have no say in making the rules? 

I believe this scenario would be much better for the EU because the British govt has always been more of an American poodle than a European leader when it came to matters of international relations...

• Veteran Member
19 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

As of 2000, Sunday, 21Ramadhan37/26June16 the petition to vote again on the EU Referendum is:

3.55million

Silly idea. We cant keep on having referendums over and over again because one side refuses to accept the result.

The remain side ran a very negative campaign, full of scare mongering from Cameron and Osbourne. When Osbourne threatened to raise taxes and cut spending in an emergency budget incase of Brexit, that was it for me. I voted out just to see Cameron & Osbourne go. 

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, shiasoldier786 said:

The remain side ran a very negative campaign, full of scare mongering from Cameron and Osbourne.

I think the scaremongering was way too quiet. 

I work for a mid-size UK organisation and leading up to the vote there was not a word from the senior leadership about what would be better for the organisation and its employees.

Once the result came out we received a rather gloomy email pointing out various uncertainties and problems ahead. I read in the FT about all sorts of organisations who are finding out that it won't be business as usual.

At best it means hiring freezes.

Edited by Haji 2003

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

As of 2000, Sunday, 21Ramadhan37/26June16 the petition to vote again on the EU Referendum is:

3.55million

It's being rigged. If I gave you my post/zip-code you could vote on that petition too. 

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Silly idea. We cant keep on having referendums over and over again because one side refuses to accept the result.

The remain side ran a very negative campaign, full of scare mongering from Cameron and Osbourne. When Osbourne threatened to raise taxes and cut spending in an emergency budget incase of Brexit, that was it for me. I voted out just to see Cameron & Osbourne go. 

Factoid via David Miliband: Campaigners were claiming that 60% of legislation came from Brussels, where it is actually 14%. Yep, that is scare mongering. Yet as an American, l know if 14% of our law came from outside the US, people would start getting shot. No reason for this kind of imperialism.

2 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

It's being rigged. If I gave you my post/zip-code you could vote on that petition too. 

No thanks. Ain't ethical.

But l give 3:2 odds that Scotland will now succeed.

• Forum Administrators

• Development Team
21 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

*facepalm* It couldn't be any clearer than that, Sue. You were leaving the EU, that wasn't explicit enough for you? 

Bro Haji, is there by any chance that they will  have a referendum for the "Brexit"? This was a really uninformed and terrible decision on the public's part. 

3 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Bro Haji, is there by any chance that they will  have a referendum for the "Brexit"? This was a really uninformed and terrible decision on the public's part. 

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/no-second-eu-referendum-vote-says-prime-minister/story-29448739-detail/story.html 

we are stuck with the decision, it seems. 

thanks a lot, doris. im never getting up off my seat for an old person ever again

• Forum Administrators

There's a news story about how some local government person in Cornwall has been asking whether they'll still get the few hundred million euros they were expecting in the next few years.

Good luck with that.

Boris Johnson who lead the Leave campaign, while he was mayor of London was promoting a vanity garden bridge for London - sucking millions out of places like Cornwall. So he's hardly likely to step in.

37 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

The Madness of Morons

CltNYyKWAAANWMj.jpg

35 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

There's a news story about how some local government person in Cornwall has been asking whether they'll still get the few hundred million euros they were expecting in the next few years.

Good luck with that.

Boris Johnson who lead the Leave campaign, while he was mayor of London was promoting a vanity garden bridge for London - sucking millions out of places like Cornwall. So he's hardly likely to step in.

are we living in a monty python sketch?

• Development Team
5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/no-second-eu-referendum-vote-says-prime-minister/story-29448739-detail/story.html 

we are stuck with the decision, it seems. 

thanks a lot, doris. im never getting up off my seat for an old person ever again

Holy smokes, why no second referendum? It was a hasty decision made by an ignorant public. 

• Veteran Member

Holy smokes, why no second referendum? It was a hasty decision made by an ignorant public. 

Fraud --as in non-Brit signatures. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/27/parliament_takes_axe_to_2nd_referendum_petition/ 

18 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

You were correct. Op cit. The Vatican had 77,000 signatures. Many signatures were determined to be non-Brit

23 hours ago, hasanhh said:

3.55million

Last number l saw, courtesy of Nightly Business Report for Monday, posted 3.83 million "signatures".

Edited by hasanhh

• Veteran Member

Ah, I see,  @hasanhh. Either way, I hope that Britain and it's people don't regret this decision too much. 

Salam,

Somewhere, not on this thread, l quoted DeutscheWelle as saying a new word was coined, "regrexit".

NHK Monday, our time, is reporting another new portmanteau, "Bregret".

My favorite, which describes the impulsive, uninformed voter, is "Britwit" (from nitwit)

• Development Team
17 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Salam,

Somewhere, not on this thread, l quoted DeutscheWelle as saying a new word was coined, "regrexit".

NHK Monday, our time, is reporting another new portmanteau, "Bregret".

My favorite, which describes the impulsive, uninformed voter, is "Britwit" (from nitwit)

I like "regrexit" the best, because it sounds like "regrets it" Although did you hear about Scotland? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36633244

^ I wonder what will happen, can Scotland influence Britain to reconsider this mess? It will be interesting to see what my people will do. 

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I like "regrexit" the best, because it sounds like "regrets it" Although did you hear about Scotland? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36633244

^ I wonder what will happen, can Scotland influence Britain to reconsider this mess? It will be interesting to see what my people will do. 

Salam Bro,

I just finished watching Charlie Rose and his Monday guests were discussing this. Lionel Barber (Editor, ft.com), John Cassidy of The New Yorker,  Greg Ip  of the Wall Street Journal , and David Sanger of The New York Times.

They thought Regrexit will be walked back, watered downed and such to minimize the impact --which will also forestall Scotland leaving the UK. Precedents for this are Ireland in 2000 and Denmark way earlier, where "concerns" were addressed.

They also said there will be no 2nd referendum. So to minimize damages, there will be a general election (unless Jeremy Corbyn is replaced as Labour leader-ed). Gotta keep things somewhat muddled.

• Veteran Member

On the occasion of Brexit here's a poem dedicated to the English people. A poem because no other words can do justice to what they have done to themselves.

"We don’t know how to say goodbye:
we wander on, shoulder to shoulder.
Already the sun is going down;
you’re moody, I am your shadow.

Let’s step inside a church and watch
baptisms, marriages, masses for the dead.
Why are we different from the rest?
Outdoors again, each of us turns his head.

Or else let’s sit in the graveyard
on the trampled snow, sighing to each other.
That stick in your hand is tracing mansions
in which we shall always be together."

Anna Akhmatova.

• Advanced Member

The fact that Obama the zionist criminal, Goldman Sachs, all the big banksters, the zionist MSM owners all want Britain to stay in the EU I suppose sits right with the remainiacs.

As far as I can see all the remainacs care about is their own bellies, their own jobs, cheap flights, cheap mobile phone tarrifs, and short term gain.  They're unable to look past the rim of their own plates and have no foresight about what exactly the EU project is and how it is an institution of centralising power heading towards a totalitarian dictatorship with a European Army and a European flag.  This is not what the UK signed up to.  It signed up to a common market, but by stealth the EU is turning into a political union.  The fact that the EU has crushed Greece is not enough evidence for the remainiacs.  Ireland voted out of EU but they weren't allowed and were made to have a second referendum until the EU got the result it wanted.  If the remainiacs have fallen for the idea that the EU can be reformed from within I'm afraid are hopelessly deluded. 

Over the last 40 years the EU has used British taxpayers' money in the form of bribes (grants) to manufacturers to move their manufacturing bases out of the country and set up in other European countries thereby systematically eviscerating the UK of it's manufacturing base.  Tens of thousands of British skilled jobs lost as a result and Britain left de-industrialised.

This is just one example.  There are countless other examples of how the EU has destroyed the UK over the last 40 years.  Remember, it was a Tory prime minister who signed us up to this nightmare.  If it weren't for Tony Benn we would not even have the right to be having a referendum.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Yasmin P said:

The fact that Obama the zionist criminal, Goldman Sachs, all the big banksters, the zionist MSM owners all want Britain to stay in the EU I suppose sits right with the remainiac

"... remainacs..."

"remainiacs"  :clap:<---good one