Muhammad Awes

Can I go to hawza and study for a degree at once

Salam to all of my brothers and sisters,

I have been trying to figure out how the next 10 years of my life is going to be and I am hoping if you guys can help me in my decision. I know I want to become an islamic scholar and go to hawza and study. I have no doubt about that. Lecturing around the world speaking and spreading the teachings of Ahlulbayt is my dream. However at the same time in doing a service to Ahlulbayt I want to also work on a degree in psychology. I am 18 (turning 19 soon) and I was wandering if I could work on both of them at the same time. That way whilst I am working on my degree I could at the same time lecture and do other services to Ahlulbayt whilst I am studying. I also plan on getting married with in this next 10 years so I want to try and sort all this stuff out. What do my brothers and sisters think. Can I study at hawza and study for my degree together??

(In Washington, Usa btw. (Washington state btw not city)

22 minutes ago, Muhammad Awes said:

I have been trying to figure out how the next 10 years of my life is going to be and I am hoping if you guys can help me in my decision. I know I want to become an islamic scholar and go to hawza and study. I have no doubt about that. Lecturing around the world speaking and spreading the teachings of Ahlulbayt is my dream. However at the same time in doing a service to Ahlulbayt I want to also work on a degree in psychology. I am 18 (turning 19 soon) and I was wandering if I could work on both of them at the same time. That way whilst I am working on my degree I could at the same time lecture and do other services to Ahlulbayt whilst I am studying. I also plan on getting married with in this next 10 years so I want to try and sort all this stuff out. What do my brothers and sisters think. Can I study at hawza and study for my degree together??

you might try England where there is a hawza branch which gives you a proper degree and simultaneously study to get a psych degree.

2 hours ago, Muhammad Awes said:

salam

may Allah help you

here you are:

http://en.miu.ac.ir/index.aspx?fkeyid=&siteid=4&pageid=2080

8 hours ago, saeid tavakoli said:

salam

may Allah help you

here you are:

http://en.miu.ac.ir/index.aspx?fkeyid=&siteid=4&pageid=2080

Thanks brother. I appreciate that.

However I am not planning on going to the middle east just yet. There are things happening in my life atm and I cant really leave my parents alone to deal with them. That is why I have to stay in the west. My dream is to study in the middle east but unfortunately that just can not happen right now. Hopefully there are institutions that I could attend whilst also trying for my degree in US.