sunnilove2hussain

Doubts regarding some practices with turbah.

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

I have some doubts regarding practices with a turbah.

So,i visit a Shia masjid here in south India. I see some practices that I cannot understand and need some clarity.

1) After Salah,they bend down like going to sujood and instead of putting their head on the turbah,they kiss it.

2) They also keep their right eye on it first,then the left and right again,i guess.

* Any proofs to back up these practices or explanations please.

20 minutes ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

I have some doubts regarding practices with a turbah.

So,i visit a Shia masjid here in south India. I see some practices that I cannot understand and need some clarity.

1) After Salah,they bend down like going to sujood and instead of putting their head on the turbah,they kiss it.

2) They also keep their right eye on it first,then the left and right again,i guess.

* Any proofs to back up these practices or explanations please.

sign of respect more than anything. nothing obligatory in it.

and no brother - they are not worshiping it :) 

25 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

sign of respect more than anything. nothing obligatory in it.

and no brother - they are not worshiping it :) 

ofcourse,i know they are not worshiping it,i pray with two turbahs too,one for my forehead and one for my nose,got it from the masjid. I just ha these doubts. also o these practices occur in other parts as well? Like iran or lebanon? What is that doing with the eye thing,right,left an right eye,is it an established form of showing respect or?

Salam, for me, sometimes when I have my forehead on the turbah and I make a dua, then I might lift my head up, kiss the turbah and then go back down.

I have not gotten it from anyone but it comes instinctively, it makes me feel more humble and sincere.

As for your number 2, I have never done that and I have never seen anyone do that, maybe I am misunderstanding you.

10 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Salam, for me, sometimes when I have my forehead on the turbah and I make a dua, then I might lift my head up, kiss the turbah and then go back down.

I have not gotten it from anyone but it comes instinctively, it makes me feel more humble and sincere.

As for your number 2, I have never done that and I have never seen anyone do that, maybe I am misunderstanding you.

Its like people bow down,keep their right eye on the turbah,then the left,followed by the right again and then kiss the turbah.

It is better to perform "shokr sojud" after the prayers.and If turbah is made of Imam Hossein's soil has excellence and revere . But generally torbah is a piece of pure land has been made to this form for ease of access and have no any holiness.

some muslims after salah put and rub their both sides of their forehead on torbah as a sign of humility to Allah.

Edited by saeid tavakoli

15 minutes ago, saeid tavakoli said:

It is better to perform "shokr sojud" after the prayers.and If turbah is made of Imam Hossein's soil has excellence and revere . But generally torbah is a piece of pure land has been made to this form for ease of access and have no any holiness.

some muslims after salah put and rub their both sides of their forehead on torbah as a sign of humility to Allah.

Isn't sujood the ultimate symbol of showing humility? Why this then?

Using multiple turbahs at once is allowed, because some ulema do that.

Putting the soil of Karbala (turbah, mohr or tasbih beads) on your eyes is part of a special dua. You touch the turbah to your forehead, then kiss the turbah and touch it on your eyelids (eyes closed, right eye first, then left eye) then read the dua. It's not part of the prayer. Those who perform this dua believe in it.

turbah dua.jpg

3 hours ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Isn't sujood the ultimate symbol of showing humility? Why this then?

because this is mentioned in hadith:

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن عبد الله بن جندب قال: سألت أبا الحسن الماضي (عليه السلام) عما أقول في سجدة الشكر فقد اختلف أصحابنا فيه؟ فقال: قل و*أنت ساجد: " اللهم إني أشهدك وأشهد ملائكتك وأنبياءك ورسلك وجميع خلقك أنك الله ربي والاسلام ديني ومحمد نبيي وعليا وفلانا وفلانا إلى آخرهم أئمتي بهم أتولى ومن عدوهم أتبرا، اللهم إني أنشدك دم المظلوم - ثلاثا - اللهم إني أنشدك بايوائك على نفسك لأوليائك لتظفرنهم بعدوك وعدوهم أن تصلي على محمد وعلى المستحفظين من آل محمد اللهم إني أسألك اليسر بعد العسر " ثلاثا، *ثم ضع خدك الأيمن على الأرض وتقول: " يا كهفي حين تعييني المذاهب وتضيق علي الأرض بما رحبت  ويا بارئ خلقي رحمة بي وقد كان عن خلقي غنيا صل على محمد وعلى المستحفظين من آل محمد "*
وتقول: " يا مذل كل جبار ويا معز كل ذليل قد وعزتك بلغ بي مجهودي

al-Kafi, volume 3, page 325, hadith 17

dar-al-islam publishing

recite special dua in three stages:

1-when you are in sojud

2- then place your right cheek on the ground

3- then place the left cheek

Edited by saeid tavakoli

:salam:

It is a form of sajda e shukr

1. Forehead on ground and recite 3 times 'Inni zalamtu nafse faghfirlee'

2. Right cheek on ground and recite 3 times 'ya allaho ya rabbi ya sayyidi'

3. Left cheek on ground and recite 3 times 'afwan lillah'

4. Forehead on ground again and recite 3 times 'shukaran lillah'

Nothing strange , all prayers to Allah(swt) in the prescribed form

or one can just for short form with forehead on ground recite 3 times 'shukaran lillah'

thanking Allah(swt) for giving you the taufiq to say that prayer of yours.

:ws:

11 hours ago, saeid tavakoli said:

وتقول: " يا مذل كل جبار ويا معز كل ذليل قد وعزتك بلغ بي مجهودي

" ثم ضع خدك الأيسر وتقول: " يا مذل كل جبار ويا معز كل ذليل قد وعزتك بلغ بي مجهودي "

*correction

Edited by saeid tavakoli