Ali_Hussain

Being a Syed-zaadi was a curse for me

Rate this topic

Anyways, I agree that despite the horrible cultural atrocities illustrated by this story, it should not be used to legitimize fornication. That *Hamza* part put me off a bit, keeping in mind that the details of this story are fictional.

Of course in the story it was limited to texting, but that part won't put good ideas in anyone's mind.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Punishment is given if they are caught doing it in other words.

Thank you and can you confirm that the punishment is 80 lashes for the unmarried ones?

As far as I know it's between 50 and 100 lashes , whatever the judge decides after fulfilling all the conditions, and there are quite a few conditions.  Can't access al-islam.org or would have posted the link with the details. 

20 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

When Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) can give his daughter’s hand in marriage to Usman (RA), who was not from his own family, then why can’t we grant that same right to our women?

Lol wut

I'm pretty sure Lady Fatima (sa) married Maula Ali (as)

3 hours ago, sidnaq said:

wait what? in my family it is desirable to marry a syed but not a requirement heck my mom spent so much time just looking for a nice educated well offf family shia for my sisters than some super rich or super syed, the hardships a woman faced were finding the right guy forget the syed part, just someone whose decent nice, and didnt work a lousy job 

What do you mean by not working a lousy job?

8 hours ago, starlight said:

???

Life is much harder for married women compared to un-married ones. Married women are required to do so much work and people are so mean to them. Once you get married, your family really starts treating you as an outsider. It's traumatizing to see your loving family turned into complete strangers. And if you want to get out, it's so hard because divorce is also related to honor. So yes, I think women who don't get married, are lucky. 

I don't think that women, who are killed, are facing consequences for fornication. Every year, about 1000 of women are chosen as sacrifice and they are killed in painful way. Court marriage is not the only reason. Women are killed for asking for divorce, refusing a marriage proposal. Married women are killed by their husbands, they are not fornicating. Some of the comments are so insensitive. Just be grateful to Allah that you were not born as a women in that culture. 

Edited by rkazmi33

6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Punishment is given if they are caught doing it in other words.

Thank you and can you confirm that the punishment is 80 lashes for the unmarried ones?

Ibnsina it's confirmed 80 lashes for the one who is unmarried and does fornication. But decree is to be issued by going through all aspects such as the person was not involved under compulsion or many other conditions. Stoning to death has to be carried out for married ones who did fornication purposefully for lust and not under compulsion.  Four men are required for testimony or 2 men and 4 women who testify that they saw such person commuting that crime.

23 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

When Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) can give his daughter’s hand in marriage to Usman (RA), who was not from his own family, then why can’t we grant that same right to our women?

LOLL! What is this nonsene?? Prophet Muhammad (SAW) had only ONE daughter who married Imam Ali (as)

4 hours ago, Connectors said:

What do you mean by not working a lousy job?

like i ean you need a decent job to support a family, being something like a cashier wont exactly i mean who know its depends on the girls family,but it may not impress chances of you getting hitched. but someone who works in a company or office is considered nice

@sidnaq Where is the mistake? The title of this topic Being a Syed-zaadi was a curse for me is a shortened version of a blog post: Being a Syed-zaadi wasn’t a matter of pride for me, it was a curse! It is opinion, not fact. The woman who wrote the blog wrote a warning at the bottom of her post:

Disclaimer: The post is a piece of fiction inspired by a true story

On 6/22/2016 at 8:19 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

Maybe this is the mistake..? ^ 

58 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

@sidnaq Where is the mistake? The title of this topic Being a Syed-zaadi was a curse for me is a shortened version of a blog post: Being a Syed-zaadi wasn’t a matter of pride for me, it was a curse! It is opinion, not fact. The woman who wrote the blog wrote a warning at the bottom of her post:

9 hours ago, sidnaq said:

like i ean you need a decent job to support a family, being something like a cashier wont exactly i mean who know its depends on the girls family,but it may not impress chances of you getting hitched. but someone who works in a company or office is considered nice

https://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-ahlul-bayt-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari/importance-work#earn-ones-living

Imam Jaffer-e-Sadiq used to work on the farm to earn his living. And there are numerous other examples of the Infallibles earning their living through hard work.

There is no shame at all in working (whatever that job is), rather that than sitting at home doing nothing. Basically 'lousy' jobs don't exist.

14 hours ago, hameedeh said:

whoops sorry that was another topic , i posted it here by mistake, there was another foum with the name Rasullah ,i guess i posted it here by mistake, my bad

5 hours ago, Connectors said:

https://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-ahlul-bayt-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari/importance-work#earn-ones-living

Imam Jaffer-e-Sadiq used to work on the farm to earn his living. And there are numerous other examples of the Infallibles earning their living through hard work.

There is no shame at all in working (whatever that job is), rather that than sitting at home doing nothing. Basically 'lousy' jobs don't exist.

Look i understand yes they did work hard, The Imams A.S.i agree those were hardworking. but ask yourself how will you support a wife and kids on a cashiers paycheck in the soicety we live today,how will if a child is asked what does your father do will she answer he was a cashier. it depends onthe circumstances, but for women they want someone with a better decent job , if there was a gu who was a cashier and asked for m hand in marriage id not consider it because a) did you go to college to get a degree? b) if so then why cashier c) the truth is small jobs like cashier may not sustain todays lifestyle or a kid future, i mean if he gets fired, then what? listen i know someone who is supporting their family as a cashier that i do not find degrading because he is in certain circumstances such as moving to new country and he worked a office job before, but some guy who doesnt go to college gets a cashier job and isnt in financial distress to me that sounds lazy, some guys may not typically care what they study in school and stuff and those factors are very important for the girl.