Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Deciding to Wear Hijab

Rate this topic

:ws:

May Allah (azwj) help you in making these steps dear sister.

Perhaps these video's may help (ignore them if they are not quite to your context/situation).

Hopefully a number of our revert sisters on here can also be of help!

This may also be of interest (it's non-muslims but still interesting):

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I started wearing hijab a year and a half ago, but half way into my first year of university and people still remember how I used to look. So crazy. It probably is a good idea to wear it before starting university.

You can check out many beauty bloggers who wear hijab such as Habiba De Silva. There are also various online shopping stores where you can find modest clothes, such as www.modanisa.com where it's all very affordable and they have lots of different styles. 

If you're very afraid that people are going to make bad remarks and you're scared for your safety, you can wrap your hijab around without a pin so a bit of your hair and neck show (I think like how some women in Afgan? or Iran? (I forget)) do so you still look "normal" to them. You can try that look the first day you wear hijab to a supermarket or so. 

People stare anyways. Some people actually stare because they think you look pretty and they're like wow! Or maybe they're very interested in your hijab and the way you did it, so they're looking at you in a positive way! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

I don't know where you live. If you live in a colder climate You can get by wearing a knit hat with a really bunchy  neck scarf that covers your entire neck chin.. Wear that with a type of bulky style jacket or real big sweat shirt or hoodie with baggy cargo pants.. It depends on where you live. In the U.S. some areas are harder to wear hijab than others. There are many instructors that do not like hijab.

I do suggest not wearing white or black hijabs if you have decided to wear a typical hijab look muslims usually wear. Wear instead pleasant colors. It does make a difference.

Edited by Sister Shia
typo
  • 2 months later...
  • Basic Members

AOA sister, 

Start with Bismillah Ir Rehman Ir Rahila.  say I am covering my head kurbatan Illalahllah!   For your love Allah SWT.  Doing it for the love of Allah, Allah is my helper and my guide and my protector.  

Start from grocery store, mall, parks, with friends who also observe hijab.  Start right now when the weather is cold as other people are also using scarves. 

Remind your self this life is too short, I will put up with the pain and suffering here than living in hell fire for eternity.  The people I am trying to impress here will not come to my grave and save me while I get tormented for not wearing hijab.  Hijab is not optional but mandatory. 

when I started hijab, I got A+ remarks. I reminded my Christian friends of their Mother Mary, and taking her as a pious role model. 

With immigrants and Muslim population on rise I have noticed Macy's and Dillard's also sell modest clothes. 

Trust Allah.  

Good luck sister, 

I love hijab, it makes me feel secure ;)  like I have my blankie all the time... am I weird?