Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

The Holy Qur'an says to maintain ties with relatives, so Ahlul Bayt AS taught this. 

Imam Ali AS said, “A family that is united and whose members support one another, Allah gives them sustenance, even if they be sinners; a family that is divided and severs ties with one another, Allah deprives them [from sustenance], even if they be pious.” 

9 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

The Holy Qur'an says to maintain ties with relatives, so Ahlul Bayt AS taught this. 

Imam Ali AS said, “A family that is united and whose members support one another, Allah gives them sustenance, even if they be sinners; a family that is divided and severs ties with one another, Allah deprives them [from sustenance], even if they be pious.” 

Salam sis u have reference to this

13 hours ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Salam sis u have reference to this

Both the Imam Ali AS saying about severing ties and the verse of the Holy Qur'an that Gaius mentioned is in the book A Code of Practice For Muslims in the West. See the section called "Interaction in social life," then click on the chapter called "Rights of one’s Relatives." 

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani

3 hours ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Salam where in the Quran does it condem cutting family off from ones personal life 

One of the worst things one can do is severing ties with family. 

6 hours ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Salam where in the Quran does it condem cutting family off from ones personal life 

Salamun alaykum.

- Al-Nahl, 90:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَ الْإِحْسانِ وَ إيتاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبى‏ وَ يَنْهى‏ عَنِ الْفَحْشاءِ وَ الْمُنْكَرِ وَ الْبَغْيِ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ (90)
Indeed Allah enjoins justice and kindness and generosity towards relatives, and He forbids indecency, wrong, and aggression. He advises you, so that you may take admonition

- Al-Baqarah, 27:

الَّذينَ يَنْقُضُونَ عَهْدَ اللَّهِ مِنْ بَعْدِ ميثاقِهِ وَ يَقْطَعُونَ ما أَمَرَ اللَّهُ بِهِ أَنْ يُوصَلَ وَ يُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ أُولئِكَ هُمُ الْخاسِرُونَ (27)
those who break the covenant made with Allah after having pledged it solemnly, and sever what Allah has commanded to be joined, and cause corruption on the earth it is they who are the losers

- Al-Nisa', 1:

يا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ واحِدَةٍ وَ خَلَقَ مِنْها زَوْجَها وَ بَثَّ مِنْهُما رِجالاً كَثيراً وَ نِساءً وَ اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذي تَسائَلُونَ بِهِ وَ الْأَرْحامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقيباً (1)
O mankind! Be wary of your Lord who created you from a single soul, and created its mate from it, and, from the two of them, scattered numerous men and women. Be wary of Allah, in whose Name you adjure one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is watchful over you.

- Al-Ra'd, 25:

وَ الَّذينَ يَنْقُضُونَ عَهْدَ اللَّهِ مِنْ بَعْدِ ميثاقِهِ وَ يَقْطَعُونَ ما أَمَرَ اللَّهُ بِهِ أَنْ يُوصَلَ وَ يُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ أُولئِكَ لَهُمُ اللَّعْنَةُ وَ لَهُمْ سُوءُ الدَّارِ (25)
But as for those who break Allah's compact after having pledged it solemnly, and sever what Allah has commanded to be joined, and cause corruption in the earth it is such on whom the curse will lie, and for them will be the ills of the] ultimate [abode

- Al-Nisa',36:

وَ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ وَ لا تُشْرِكُوا بِهِ شَيْئاً وَ بِالْوالِدَيْنِ إِحْساناً وَ بِذِي الْقُرْبى‏ وَ الْيَتامى‏ وَ الْمَساكينِ وَ الْجارِ ذِي الْقُرْبى‏ وَ الْجارِ الْجُنُبِ وَ الصَّاحِبِ بِالْجَنْبِ وَ ابْنِ السَّبيلِ وَ ما مَلَكَتْ أَيْمانُكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لا يُحِبُّ مَنْ كانَ مُخْتالاً فَخُوراً (36)
Worship Allah and do not ascribe any partners to Him, and be good to parents, the relatives, the orphans, the needy, the near neighbour and the distant neighbour, the companion at your side, the traveller, and your slaves. Indeed Allah does not like anyone who is a swaggering braggar

:bismillah:

:salam:

In addition to the Quranic verses given, Muhammed s.a.w, the Messenger of Allah (azwj) has been narrated to have said:

Kitab Al Kafi - Forgiveness

1791–1. ‘Alī ibn Ibrãhīm (–) his father (–) Ibn Abī ‘Umayr (–) ‘Abdullãh ibn Sinãn that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (s.a.w) said, in one of his sermons: 'May I inform you of the best natural disposition of (this) world and the Hereafter?:

i) To Forgive whoever wronged you;

ii) to establish relation with the one who has cut off relation with you;

iii) to do good to someone who has done evil to you; and

iv) to grant someone (a favour) who has deprived you.' "

Hasan like Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi [Mirat al uluq]

Edited by Tawheed313

Kitab Al Kafi Volume 2 - Keeping ties with near relatives

1977–2. Muḥammad ibn Yaḥyã (–) Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad ibn ‘Īsã (–) ‘Alī ibn an-Nu‘mãn that Isḥãq ibn ‘Ammãr said:

"He said: 'Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s) told me that a man came to the Prophet (s.a.w.) and said: 

"O Messenger of Allãh! My family has decided to assail me, sever their ties with me, and curse me. Am I permitted to separate from them?"

He [s.a.w] said: "If you do that, then Allãh will separate from all of you." He said: "So, what should I do?" He [s.a.w.] said: "Join he who leaves you; grant he who withholds from you and forgive he who oppresses

Muwathaq(reliable) - Graded in marat al uluq by Alama Majlisi

Edited by Tawheed313

1986–11. Muḥammad ibn Yaḥyã (–) Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad ibn ‘Īsã (–) Muḥammad ibn Ismã‘īl ibn Bazī‘ (–) Ḥanãn ibn Sadīr (–) his father that

Abū Ja‘far (‘a.s) said:"Abū Dharr, may Allãh be pleased with him, said:

'I heard the Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) saying: 'On the Day of Resurrection Kinship and Trust will be on the two sides of the Path (aṣ-Ṣirãṭ). One who keeps ties with near relatives and the deliver of Trust come to pass over the Path will reach the Paradise. But when a betrayer of the trust and he who cuts off ties with near relatives comes to pass the Path, no any other deed will benefit him, and he will be thrown into the Fire.'

Hasan- Muwathaw(reliable) - Graded by Alama Majlisi

Edited by Tawheed313