Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Inconsolable

Pilgrimage(ziarat) to Holy Shrines By Invitation

Rate this topic

Salam All,

I have often heard that one only visits the holy Shrines(Specifically of the Masoom/infallibles from which Imam Hussain) only if you get invited by them and it is not possible to visit otherwise no matter how hard you try, I have come across wealthy & resourceful individuals who wish to visit yet face an obstacle every time they want to do so and have also come across poor individuals who have no resources and yet somehow get to visit on atleast a yearly basis, bearing this in mind while being blessed with the opportunity of being able to visit these holy shrines, I have there come across people from around the world who I know from personal experience are not of a very good character to say the least(although I feel it could be that only one act from any human could be sufficient to please and we do not have the capacity to truly judge someone as we are not fully aware of their circumstances and should never judge a person), Just wanted to know if any of this is backed by any references from scholars or the hadith. 

1 hour ago, Inconsolable said:

Salam All,

I have often heard that one only visits the holy Shrines(Specifically of the Masoom/infallibles from which Imam Hussain) only if you get invited by them and it is not possible to visit otherwise no matter how hard you try, I have come across wealthy & resourceful individuals who wish to visit yet face an obstacle every time they want to do so and have also come across poor individuals who have no resources and yet somehow get to visit on atleast a yearly basis, bearing this in mind while being blessed with the opportunity of being able to visit these holy shrines, I have there come across people from around the world who I know from personal experience are not of a very good character to say the least(although I feel it could be that only one act from any human could be sufficient to please and we do not have the capacity to truly judge someone as we are not fully aware of their circumstances and should never judge a person), Just wanted to know if any of this is backed by any references from scholars or the hadith. 

I hear this a lot too but don't believe in it. People say this about hajj too but Allah has made it obligatory on us and as such we have an open invitation to go there.

Sometimes people can't make it because life happens.

As someone who has completed the hajj and the ziarat of 14 Infallibles, I can tell you that having a firm mind definitely helps. Once I make up my mind the I am going, then everything else takes a secondary position next to the trip. I see a lot of people who have doubts whether this is the right time to go or not - they usually end up not going.

Edited by shiaman14

Dear brother - exactly right above. A firm one step to Allah swt and his chosen representatives, and 10 firms steps by them towards us. But we need to take that first firm step, not the half heart effort with secondary priority to other things.

Edited by Irfani313

many times people are called to ziarat to give them a chance to repent and change their ways in their future. the doors of mercy are rarely closed for people during their lives. this explains why many low-character people are called - they are being given another chance. all of us are sinners, just because someone sins different to me, that doesnt mean I should start pointing fingers at them or questioning how they were called to ziarat. 

i have yet to see myself or anyone who went on ziarat, who was not informed of it in a dream before hand. food for thought. 

@shiaman14 you are absolutely correct. the people who I noticed never been on any ziarat are the ones who always set their own limitations "Im not ready yet", "i need to improve myself first", "its too busy", "I heard bad people go there" etc. those that keep going again and again are the ones that say "By Allah only death will keep me from your ziarat, Oh Hussain!"

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

many times people are called to ziarat to give them a chance to repent and change their ways in their future. the doors of mercy are rarely closed for people during their lives. this explains why many low-character people are called - they are being given another chance. all of us are sinners, just because someone sins different to me, that doesnt mean I should start pointing fingers at them or questioning how they were called to ziarat. 

i have yet to see myself or anyone who went on ziarat, who was not informed of it in a dream before hand. food for thought. 

@shiaman14 you are absolutely correct. the people who I noticed never been on any ziarat are the ones who always set their own limitations "Im not ready yet", "i need to improve myself first", "its too busy", "I heard bad people go there" etc. those that keep going again and again are the ones that say "By Allah only death will keep me from your ziarat, Oh Hussain!"

Just to clarify, In reality I hate prejudice and try not to judge anyone based on their actions(or anything else) as I strictly feel I am in no position to do so as I had written in my post earlier.

6 minutes ago, Inconsolable said:

Just to clarify, In reality I hate prejudice and try not to judge anyone based on their actions(or anything else) as I strictly feel I am in no position to do so as I had written in my post earlier.

Indeed brother - i was talking about myself :)

7 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Indeed brother - i was talking about myself :)

You are too humble brother :) , also had a look at your project regarding Nahjul Balagha, may Allah reward your efforts, I have some expertise with Drupal along with other technologies, feel free to PM me if you think I could be of assistance with anything at present or in the future.