Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Nisa Hussein

Love for women

Rate this topic

SALAM!!

In Quran it is said for men to provide food and clothing to your wife. For wives it is guided to always keep happy your husband and obey what he says to except for Haram. But what about giving love to your wives. Here by love I don't mean (intercourse), I mean to always make her feel that her husband is loyal to her and is very happy to have her. Is there any thing said in Quran to always love your wife other than just fulfilling her material needs? 

27 minutes ago, Nisa Hussein said:

SALAM!!

In Quran it is said for men to provide food and clothing to your wife. For wives it is guided to always keep happy your husband and obey what he says to except for Haram. But what about giving love to your wives. Here by love I don't mean (intercourse), I mean to always make her feel that her husband is loyal to her and is very happy to have her. Is there any thing said in Quran to always love your wife other than just fulfilling her material needs? 

Islam has taught us to be like Imam Ali with our wives. (Compassionate, understanding, merciful). If you think about it, we have the best role models for how to act as we can just look at the relationship between Fatima and Ali. Want to know how to act in a certain situation? Look to the Prophet or Imam. This includes how to act in situations within relationships.

2 hours ago, Ali666 said:

"And among His wonders is this: He creates for you mates out of your own kind. so that you might incline towards them, and He engenders love and tenderness between you: in this, behold, there are messages indeed for people who think!" (Quran 30:21)

Well that ended this discussion. Jazakallah

قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص‏ قَوْلُ‏ الرَّجُلِ‏ لِلْمَرْأَةِ إِنِّي‏ أُحِبُّكِ‏ لَا يَذْهَبُ‏ مِنْ‏ قَلْبِهَا أَبَداً.

The prophet says:

When a man expresses himself to her wife through the words "I LOVE YOU" it will never fade from her heart.

Alkafi, V 5, P 569

Edited by gentleman.

5 hours ago, Ali666 said:

"And among His wonders is this: He creates for you mates out of your own kind. so that you might incline towards them, and He engenders love and tenderness between you: in this, behold, there are messages indeed for people who think!" (Quran 30:21)

Salam,

Just a minor correction in the verse. The word used is not حب. It is مودة which is different from love. 

It is closer to affection.

The same word is used for the family of the prophet in a verse where the prophet say I ask you of nothing but مودة ، affection of my close kin/ family.

Thd word for love as brother gentleman gave in the Hadith is حب which means love.

On ۱۳۹۵/۳/۲۵ ه‍.ش. at 3:09 PM, certainclarity said:

Salam,

Just a minor correction in the verse. The word used is not حب. It is مودة which is different from love. 

It is closer to affection.

The same word is used for the family of the prophet in a verse where the prophet say I ask you of nothing but مودة ، affection of my close kin/ family.

Thd word for love as brother gentleman gave in the Hadith is حب which means love.

opposite of حب is بغض but apposite of مودة  is عداوة

عداوة is higher than بعض so we conclude:

مودة is higher than حب

وَ الْمَوَدَّةُ وَ ضِدَّهَا الْعَدَاوَةَ... وَ الْحُبُّ وَ ضِدَّهُ الْبُغْضَ» (الکافی، ج 1، ص 22).

On ۱۳۹۵/۳/۲۵ ه‍.ش. at 9:21 AM, Nisa Hussein said:

SALAM!!

Salamun alaykum.

To add some narrations:

كلما ازداد العبد ايمانا ازداد حبا للنسآء

بحار الانوار، ج 103، ص 228 .

كل من اشتد لنا حبا اشتد للنساء حبا

بحار الانوار، ج 103، ص 227 .

فدارها علي كل حال واحسن الصحبة لها فيصفو عيشك

مکارم الاخلاق، ص 218 .

اذا سافر احدكم فقدم من سفره فليات اهله بما تيسر

وسائل الشیعة، ج 8، ص 337.

النسآء يحببن ان يرين الرجل في مثل ما يحب الرجل ان يري فيه النسآء من الزينة

مکارم الاخلاق، ص 80 .

جلوس المرء عند عياله احب الي الله تعالي من اعتكاف في مسجدي هذا

میزان الحکمة، ج 4، ص 287 .

ان الرجل ليؤجر في رفع اللقمة الي في امراته

المحجة البیضاء، ج 3، ص 70 .

:salam:

"And among His Signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may find tranquility in them (Arabic: litaskunu), and He has placed between you love (Arabic: muwaddatan) and mercy (Arabic: wa-rahmatan). Indeed, in that are Signs for those who reflect"

"O you who believe! it is not lawful for you that you inherit women (by) force (against their will), and do not put constraint upon them in order that you may take part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency. And consort / live with them in kindness (Arabic: bil-mar'rufi). But if you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing in which God has placed much good" 

Thus, it's necessary from the Qur'ans perspective to live with your spouse in tranquility, with love and not hurt her / him.