Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
yaxir

Is it Allowed to eat during Azaan in Iftaar ?

Rate this topic

I know our sunni brethren do this. as soon as the Azaan goes off and WHAM !

they start choking themselves with food during iftar. EVEN tho i have heard and been told by my elders that one should NOT do anything when Azaan is being called. esp Maghrib , which is something relevant to Waqt-e-Zawal (as they say in urdu , hope i spelled it right).

so should a shia start eating as soon as Azaan goes off from a nearby Imambargah ? OR should they wait for the Azaan to FINISH and THEN initiate Iftar ?!

You should do so because 

1-  The companions of the Messenger were the fastest people to break the fast (at Maghrib) and the last to eat the Sahoor .

2-It is reported that "The Messenger of Allah (T) used to break his fast before the Maghrib Salaat.

3-There is no prayer when food is served, and there is no prayer when one is fighting off the two impurities .

so akhi you should Haaam(eat) after the adhan and then pray. 

Their is no problem in opening your fast as soon as azaan but it is best if you eat just one date and then pray and have your proper iftar meal after salah since in the shia school of thought to pray salah on awal e waqt ( on time ) is highly recommended

3 hours ago, yaxir said:

I know our sunni brethren do this. as soon as the Azaan goes off and WHAM !

they start choking themselves with food during iftar. EVEN tho i have heard and been told by my elders that one should NOT do anything when Azaan is being called. esp Maghrib , which is something relevant to Waqt-e-Zawal (as they say in urdu , hope i spelled it right).

so should a shia start eating as soon as Azaan goes off from a nearby Imambargah ? OR should they wait for the Azaan to FINISH and THEN initiate Iftar ?!

one should not really eat or do anything other than listen to the azaan when it is being recited. I usually wait to hear the full azan, then break fast, pray and then eat.

4 hours ago, sharinganMahdi said:

Their is no problem in opening your fast as soon as azaan but it is best if you eat just one date and then pray and have your proper iftar meal after salah since in the shia school of thought to pray salah on awal e waqt ( on time ) is highly recommended

Yes it means having two Iftar a lot of people do so just breaking it pray and then eat again thank you for sharing