Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hijab al-Zahra

The Youtuber, Social Media Celebrity Syndrome!

Rate this topic

You are so right! I also don't understand how make up has become so popular among our women. It seems like the most normal thing for teenagers to do and parents not speaking out against it.

How can you be a Hijabi, modest & wearing make up every day? The main purpose of make up is to look good in front of others and to be honest I don't see the purpose in doing so when you go to school, work, etc.

Also, there are haram ingredients in make up so we must be careful about that since it has an effect on the soul.

What I also don't understand is when most of the women get married, they wear so much make up that they look totally different than they are in reality. I am not even kidding about this, some women on their wedding day put make up for hours and hours.

However, I don't have a problem with women wearing (halal) make up occassionaly on Khushali's or when going out with family.

Edit: i found this topic: 

On the last page (page 3) there are 2 members that explain it quite well :)

Edited by Connectors
Found a relevant topic

1 hour ago, hello91 said:

how about people start seeing within themselves and their mistakes than focusing on other people and the things they do wrong.

Because it's our duty to guide our ummah to the right path. We need to prepare for the Imam of our time

9 hours ago, hello91 said:

our jihad is to look at ourself and work to become pious rather than judging other people, that's one of our main goal in this worldly life to reach Jannah.

We are to look after ourselves, our families, and our Muslim brothers and sisters.

Not just our selves.

This is what Amr bil Ma'ruf and Nahi an al-Munkar is about.

13 hours ago, hello91 said:

our jihad is to look at ourself and work to become pious rather than judging other people, that's one of our main goal in this worldly life to reach Jannah.

It's our duty to guide them. We did the right thing, it's now up to the brothers and sisters what they want to do with this information. As @The Batman said, this is what Amr bil Ma'ruf and Nahi an al-Munkar is about, which is WAJIB

On 6/19/2016 at 1:43 PM, hello91 said:

The OP is concerned about these people. By saying these things the OP is not oppressing them or "judging" them but rather: guiding them and helping them. A lot of young people don't know that this stuff is wrong.