Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
starlight

Download free PDF books

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam, 

Does anyone know a site from where I can download some good books to read on my tablet. I am not looking for Islamic books.I have googled and tried a few but most don't work, so if anyone knows of one from where I can actually download some books, I will be grateful.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.gutenberg.org

https://books.google.com/?hl=en

Out of copyright books on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=2245146011

Other sources:

http://www.openculture.com/free_ebooks

 

 

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gentleman. said:

Salam. this site has lots of books for free download in both English and Farsi books

http://ketabnak.com/

Thank you. Is there an option to change the language of the site to English ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SYEDRAZAALI said:

Salam.

You can use shiachat app. In this app there is a book library and there are almost each and every famous book.

Hope it helps

Is that app available on google play store ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much everyone, actually I am not looking for Islamic books but I will save the apps in case I need to use them in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which type of books? Category & genre?

If you're looking for specific titles, give details (here on in PM) and I will dip into my infinite database to see if I have got it or if can procure it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ @starlight 

Also, if you're new to ebooks, I'd suggest you go for EPUB instead of PDF. The former is user-friendly, well-formatted, and has many fine reading apps (Android) you can use to read the books. PDF books typically have small fonts, huge file size, hard to browse, and they're a pain even if you have a good app that also supports PDF.

I recommend Moon Reader for EPUB. I liked it so much I paid to buy the Pro version which also supports MOBI and PDF and other obscure formats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marbles said:

Which type of books? Category & genre?

If you're looking for specific titles, give details (here on in PM) and I will dip into my infinite database to see if I have got it or if can procure it for you.

Has your infinite database got 'Ramona Quimby, Age 8' by Beverly Clearly?? Or Harriet the Spy? Just Williams Series by Richmal crompton?? :P :P .....lol. 

 I am looking for children's books Marbs. I bought my 8 year old half a dozen books from Readings last week and she went through them at a speed that took me by surprise, now she wants me to buy her more. I figured, at this rate, I would be both out of space and money very soon so I am looking for soft copies. 

She is ready to give Ebooks a try. Thank you so much for your tip about epub. I downloaded Anne of the Green Gables  in pdf yesterday and read a page. I didn't enjoy it at all due to the reasons you mentioned. I will download the Epub version now. 

Thanksss! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, starlight said:

Has your infinite database got 'Ramona Quimby, Age 8' by Beverly Clearly?? Or Harriet the Spy? Just Williams Series by Richmal crompton?? :P :P .....lol. 

 I am looking for children's books Marbs. I bought my 8 year old half a dozen books from Readings last week and she went through them at a speed that took me by surprise, now she wants me to buy her more. I figured, at this rate, I would be both out of space and money very soon so I am looking for soft copies. 

She is ready to give Ebooks a try. Thank you so much for your tip about epub. I downloaded Anne of the Green Gables  in pdf yesterday and read a page. I didn't enjoy it at all due to the reasons you mentioned. I will download the Epub version now. 

Thanksss! :) 

Let's see if I can prove to you the infiniteness of my database :helpsos:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Calibre eBook management tool to remove DRM from Kindle books and also to convert various file formats. You will need a plugin to remove DRM, and I don't remember where I got it right now, but let me know if you want it and I'll try to track it down again. Amazon has lots of kid friendly classics for free, and anything classic that's not free on Amazon, Project Gutenberg will have. If you want to sort through more "odd" selections, there is a site called Forgotten Books, but in my experience most of those books were forgotten because they weren't very good. They have a few good ones that you won't find elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marbles said:

Let's see if I can prove to you the infiniteness of my database :helpsos:

Thank you Marbs.........you got all of them !!!!  :woot:  

I am seriously impressed with your 'database' 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...