Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
unknownshiamuslim14

Great Scientist & Philosopher Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq

Rate this topic

Sallam alaykum

Just wanted to share a video I found. Some of you may have seen this video. It is about Imam Jafar Sadiq and his knowledge about science but especially that he corrected the theories of the great scientists back then.

The segment where he corrects laws and theories about earth, elements, light etc begins from 8:40 in the video.

Please share it to your friends. That Galileo gave the exact replay of our Imam did. He stole his words without even mentioning his name., 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jACJZSxVM4g

W/s

Brother, this video is based off a book with the same name - a book that has zero references. I remember buying it just over a year ago and was already somewhat sceptical as it did not have any footnotes/endnotes or bibliography. 

I hate to say this, but the book is a fake.

Edited by Vestige

@Vestige salam

-- i dont necessarily think it is fake but I also own this book and you are right, no references whatsoever. It also lacks in punctuation and grammar, but that isn't the biggest issue. It does raise an issue though, whether it's even legitimate, so for such reason I wouldn't consider it very much. Surprisingly enough though, Sayed Ammar Nakshawani during one of his lectures actually recommended this book to his audience. If I can recall, it was his older videos, of the analysis of the 14 infallibles, during the analysis of Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (as). 

1 hour ago, Jafar moh said:

@Vestige salam

-- i dont necessarily think it is fake but I also own this book and you are right, no references whatsoever. It also lacks in punctuation and grammar, but that isn't the biggest issue. It does raise an issue though, whether it's even legitimate, so for such reason I wouldn't consider it very much. Surprisingly enough though, Sayed Ammar Nakshawani during one of his lectures actually recommended this book to his audience. If I can recall, it was his older videos, of the analysis of the 14 infallibles, and number 8, during the analysis of Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (as). 

W/s

Yeah, Sayed Ammar's lecture is what directed me to this book as well.  Unfortunately Sayed Ammar doesn't always examine the authenticity of his sources and has made mistakes like this a few times.

Edited by Vestige

On 6/7/2016 at 5:42 PM, von Lohengramm said:

W/s

Brother, this video is based off a book with the same name - a book that has zero references. I remember buying it just over a year ago and was already somewhat sceptical as it did not have any footnotes/endnotes or bibliography. 

I hate to say this, but the book is a fake.

There are no references but that does not mean it is fake. it is possible ofcourse.

I would like someone knowledgeable who is able to show us where (some) of this book can be found in (pretty) reliable sources.
That would be great

http://islamicmobility.com/pdf/The Great Muslim Scientist Philosopher Imam Sadiq.pdf <----------- The book itself

Are these video's based on the same book? They have the same title. 2 different videos: (still have to watch these InshaAllah )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Hayyan

Jabir ibn Hayyan was a student of Imam Sadiq as. He is one of the greatest muslim scientists that ever existed. I would even say one of the greatest scientists in the world: according to Wikipedia (french) he even predicted that a nuclear fission would be devastating. Atomic bombs for example function by nuclear fission if I'm not mistaken. 

Edited by kashif.h

On 6/27/2018 at 10:12 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

There are no references but that does not mean it is fake. it is possible ofcourse.

I would like someone knowledgeable who is able to show us where (some) of this book can be found in (pretty) reliable sources.
That would be great

http://islamicmobility.com/pdf/The Great Muslim Scientist Philosopher Imam Sadiq.pdf <----------- The book itself

Are these video's based on the same book? They have the same title. 2 different videos: (still have to watch these InshaAllah

Salam,

One would think if such references existed they would be included within the book --- that alone makes it spurious. I haven't found references outside the book either, nor has anyone else as far as I know. Those videos do seem to be based off the book, but again without references, which says a lot about the uploaders' concern for veracity. God knows best.