Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Nataly

Travels

Rate this topic

Hello

I'd like to know if there are any laws concerning to travelling, I heard that the quran can't be carried from one place to another, if that is true, one should buy it in the place of destination? as muslims should relate mostly with muslims, maybe the place where a muslim go is another muslim home, and there will be a quran, thus there wouldn't be need of carry one. But what if a muslim go to a hotel?

I read that women shouldn't travel alone too; but I want to know if there are other laws for travelling or if someone knows a web page that answer this properly. For example, what if my flight last 12 hours in a plane, how a muslim would pray? maybe in this case wouldn't pray at the specific times.

Thank you if any can answer this.

Salam

Qur'an can certainly be carried while traveling. Just be sure it wont be in bathroom or under your feet.

as for traveling alone, it isn't haram but both men and women are encouraged to not travel alone.

As for prayer and fasting, according to ahlulbayt, it is obligatory to break your fast and shorted and join your prayer during travel.

some planes offer a space for prayer like some gulf flights . Others don't mind you praying but in place where wine is served, I don't know about praying plus the other najasa in place but the most important and priority is for keeping prayer on time. So you should try your best, ismf you couldn't, pray as qada when you arrive destination.

Salam

As for carrying the holy Quran:

There is no problem in carrying the Quran. However, there are certain points which you should keep in mind:

1. It is makrooh (abominable) to carry the Quran in the state of Janabat[1] and Hayz (menses)[2].

2. If one wishes to touch the lines of the Quran or make a part of his body reach them, he must be in the state of Wudhu.[3]

3. According to all grand jurists, there is no problem in carrying the Quran while walking into a toilet but it is better to avoid doing so.[4]

Source: http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa3049

As for travelling:

Prayers of a traveller » Prayers of a traveller (Musafir)

A traveller should reduce the Rak'ats in Zuhr, Asr and Isha prayers, that is, he should perform two Rak'ats instead of four, subject to the following eight conditions:
The first condition is that his journey is not less than 8 farsakh . A farsakh in shariah is a little less than 51/2 kilometres. (When converted into miles, 8 farsakh is equal to 28 miles approximately).

Dear sister,

Hopefully, You are informed that the first step for a layman to practice the Islamic law is to find and follow the most qualified scholar.

Please take the time to read the following:

Following a mujtahid (Taqlid) » Taqlid: Following a Mujtahid

1. It is necessary for a Muslim to believe in the fundamentals of faith with his own insight and understanding, and he cannot follow anyone in this respect i.e. he cannot accept the word of another who knows, simply because he has said it. However, one who has faith in the true tenets of Islam, and manifests it by his deeds, is a Muslim and Mo'min, even if he is not very profound, and the laws related to a Muslim will hold good for him. In matters of religious laws, apart from the ones clearly defined, or ones which are indisputable, a person must:

Edited by Shaikh Hakim

1 hour ago, Nataly said:

Hello

I'd like to know if there are any laws concerning to travelling, I heard that the quran can't be carried from one place to another, if that is true, one should buy it in the place of destination? as muslims should relate mostly with muslims, maybe the place where a muslim go is another muslim home, and there will be a quran, thus there wouldn't be need of carry one. But what if a muslim go to a hotel?

I read that women shouldn't travel alone too; but I want to know if there are other laws for travelling or if someone knows a web page that answer this properly. For example, what if my flight last 12 hours in a plane, how a muslim would pray? maybe in this case wouldn't pray at the specific times.

Thank you if any can answer this.

The answers of friends are excellent so I just add something to them.

About Carrying Quran: These days everyone have a smartphone or a tablet or ... and for every platform you can find plenty versions of electronic Quran, for instance for Android use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guidedways.iQuranPro&hl=en

There will be no need for carrying Quran book with yourself.

About Traveling one thing that might have been forgotten is that, some travelers have to pray and fast like those who don't travel, and these travelers are:

1. A person who is on a journey that he/she knows it is a sin. For instance: A woman's travel whose husband did not allow her is such travel and her salah's must be recited completely[it is not directly mentioned that she should fast but based on the definition of sin travel it would be true(I will be glad if others who know better correct me in this case either by confirming or rejecting)], except one travel and that's Wajib Hajj, even if Husband don't allow wife.

2. A traveler who travels too many or his/her job is traveling, like truck drivers, carrying loads of goods from one city to another, one country to another, or those who use boats, ships personally to transfer goods, or even a tourist who is traveling for a long time.

3. Staying in a place far from home for 10 days or more. For instance you go to your uncle's house in another city to stay for 10 days.

4. Watch out for Nadr(vow) fast,[ it is not related to Ramadan month], which has it's own rules, and it is better in this case experts explain it for I am in doubt about it, so I won't say something wrong.

I can't remember more details but if anyone remembers or want to correct my mistakes, I would be grateful.