Rate this topic

As salam alaykoum wa rahmatoulahi wa barakatuh, I am a shia convert who lives in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), but I do not go to mosque, if I had to I would probably go to CCMM. I follow Ayatullah Fadlallah, and my husband's family is from Lebanon. CCMM's website doesn't update regularly (if at all) so I am never sure of exactly what date is today, and this is very frustrating when trying to say my duas on the right nights/days, ramadan, ashura, etc...

Where (website), if it exists, could I find an updated (updates regularly throughout the year) hijri calendar?

JazakAllah khairan!

There might be a temporary problem with his website you could visit the website of another marja or the website of the iranian embassy.

Edited by Al Amir

4 hours ago, islamicrose21 said:

Where (website), if it exists, could I find an updated (updates regularly throughout the year) hijri calendar?

Salam. Some calendars are from centers in Europe or Asia and they won't help you since you are living in North America. The SABA website (in California) is available:

http://www.saba-igc.org/information/islamicCalendar/2016/

3 hours ago, hameedeh said:

Salam. Some calendars are from centers in Europe or Asia and they won't help you since you are living in North America. The SABA website (in California) is available:

http://www.saba-igc.org/information/islamicCalendar/2016/

thank you for your answer, but it doesnt seem like it updated since it states ramadan starting on the 7th, and I was told it starts on the 6th...

6 hours ago, islamicrose21 said:

it doesnt seem like it updated since it states ramadan starting on the 7th, and I was told it starts on the 6th...

The calendar might be updated soon. I'm sure they are waiting to see if California has seen the moon tonight.  

9 hours ago, islamicrose21 said:

it states ramadan starting on the 7th, and I was told it starts on the 6th...

@islamicrose21 Actually I received a text from a friend that The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America announced that there were no reports of moonsighting in the US and Canada on Sunday night. An email announced that Monday is the 30th of Shaban and Tuesday, June 7 is the first day of Ramadan in North America. I took a screen shot of the email. [Click on the image to enlarge it.] NOTE: Most people will be fasting on Monday, in unity with those who are fasting. Fasting on the last day of Shaban has a lot of blessings. Also eating and drinking in front of people who are fasting is not proper. Those who are not fasting on Monday should take care not to be labeled as a bad person and disrespecting the Holy Month of Ramadan.

Ramadan 2016.jpg

On 06.06.2016 at 8:08 AM, hameedeh said:

@islamicrose21 Actually I received a text from a friend that The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America announced that there were no reports of moonsighting in the US and Canada on Sunday night. An email announced that Monday is the 30th of Shaban and Tuesday, June 7 is the first day of Ramadan in North America. I took a screen shot of the email. [Click on the image to enlarge it.] NOTE: Most people will be fasting on Monday, in unity with those who are fasting. Fasting on the last day of Shaban has a lot of blessings. Also eating and drinking in front of people who are fasting is not proper. Those who are not fasting on Monday should take care not to be labeled as a bad person and disrespecting the Holy Month of Ramadan.

Ramadan 2016.jpg

Same for turkey.On the night of the june 5th the Jafari Scholars Union has issued a procolamation and declared the june 6th the last day of shaban and june 7th the first day of ramadan