Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What do you do ?

Rate this topic

What do you do if you are meant to go to hell? This question might be hard to swallow down your throat. but if you're meant to go to hell, what can you do? If Yazid had known before time that his end would be hell. perhaps he would have given second thought to happenings in karbala because by logic, none of us would desire to be in everlasting pain and hell. That is just one example, there are many other examples. 

• Unregistered
3 hours ago, Aftahb said:

If Yazid had known before time that his end would be hell. 

["Then Yazid recited the couplets of Ibn Zab’ari: “I wish those of my clan, who were killed at Badr, and those who had seen the Khazraj clan wailing (in the battle of Uhad) on account of lancet wounds, were here. They would have hailed me with loud cries and said, ‘O Yazid! May your hands never stupefy’, for we have killed the chiefs of his (the Prophet’s) clan. I did so as revenge for Badr, which has now been completed. The Bani Hashim only played a game with sovereignty. There has come no Message (Risalah, from Allah), nor was anything revealed (as Wahy). I would not belong to the Khandaq family, if I had not taken vengeance upon the descendants of Ahmad for their deeds”.]

https://www.al-islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-karbala-shaykh-abbas-qummi/entry-household-ahlul-bayt-syria

The problem is, that history is biased or rather poorly explained, as to why consequences occur.  I chose poorly explained in terms of behavior and to the reasons why A would go right and B would go left. Cause and effect would be an agreeable proposition. Yazid hailed his victory based on revenge, but we condemn it, as he killed one of ours, yet, we hailed, when we killed one of theirs. This is the fundamental problem with human beings, and that being, how we understand reality, which is generally always a bias. Consider that, If I just state that I am superior to you all, and everything that you all must have is mine, how will the political elite behave?. Only  a selective percentage will follow, if the amount they will gain, shall either be greater or the loss, will be of a lessor amount.

If you are told that you will go to hell, then as an existing being you can fight for your rights, Fact is, a human can defend him self against a creator in many ways then we are told to believe. The probable reason as to why we are educated that, it is all black and white is to create good subordinates and controlled slaves for the ruling elite of all denominators. Yet, when one of these slaves breaks the barriers and creates success, they are labelled as heros, blessed or the chosen ones. A being should think of God as his God, not the God of other beings and what Ideas they hold of what they think God is, acts or behaves, especially when it comes down to problems and issues with personal problems of justice. If God is great then God should be able to handle when what God created to defend themselves, even if it be of poor speech.

Dua Kumail gives back this up in my opinion.

How can I endure separation from You?

وَهَبْنِي صَبَرْتُ عَلَى حَرِّ نَارِكَ،

wa hab-n¢ ¥abar-tu `al¡ ¦ar-ri n¡rika

And suppose that I am able to endure the heat of Your fire,

فَكَيْفَ أَصْبِرُ عَنِ النَّظَرِ إِلَى كَرَامَتِكَ

fakayfa a¥-biru `an-na¨ari il¡ kar¡matik

How can I endure not gazing upon Your generosity?

أَمْ كَيْفَ أَسْكُنُ فِي النَّارِ وَرَجَائِي عَفْوُكَ

am kayfa as-kunu fin-n¡ri wa raj¡-¢ `af-wuk

Or how can I dwell in the Fire while my hope is Your pardon?

فَبِعِزَّتِكَ يَا سَيِّدِي وَمَوْلاي أُقْسِمُ صَادِقاً، لَئِن تَرَكْتَنِي نَاطِقاً

fabi-i'z-zatika y¡ say-yid¢ wa mawlaya uq-simu ¥¡diqal-la-in tarak-tan¢ n¡§iqan

So by Your might, my Master and my protector, I swear sincerely, if You leavest me with speech,

لأَضِجَّنَّ إِلَيْكَ بَيْنَ أَهْلِهَا ضَجِيجَ الآمِلِينَ

la¤ij-jan-na ilayka bayna ah-lih¡ ¤aj¢jal-amil¢n

I will lament to You from the midst of the Fire's inhabitants with lamentation of the hopeful;

وَلأَصْرُخَنَّ إِلَيكَ صُرَاخَ المُسْتَصْرِخِينَ

wa la¥rukhan-na ilayka ¥ur¡khal-mus-ta¥-rikh¢n

I will cry to You with the cry of those crying for help;

I just randomly came to this and I think he simplify the core issue of how words can effect the thoughts of people.

11 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

["Then Yazid recited the couplets of Ibn Zab’ari: “I wish those of my clan, who were killed at Badr, and those who had seen the Khazraj clan wailing (in the battle of Uhad) on account of lancet wounds, were here. They would have hailed me with loud cries and said, ‘O Yazid! May your hands never stupefy’, for we have killed the chiefs of his (the Prophet’s) clan. I did so as revenge for Badr, which has now been completed. The Bani Hashim only played a game with sovereignty. There has come no Message (Risalah, from Allah), nor was anything revealed (as Wahy). I would not belong to the Khandaq family, if I had not taken vengeance upon the descendants of Ahmad for their deeds”.]

https://www.al-islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-karbala-shaykh-abbas-qummi/entry-household-ahlul-bayt-syria

In old text, we even find a letter from Omar al Khattab, which pushed yazid more towards karbala massacre. It was recorded in an old book, which had only two copies available. One copy is in hyderabad, India and other one was destroyed by Saudi.  

I didn't want to bring yazid into this, but i speak from general pov. It is obvious for people to dislike those people who kill their kins. I am not surprised banu ummayah hated banu hashim, although they were all from the same family. 

Edited by Aftahb
  • Unregistered

Events preceding Karbala, and events after Karbala, are clear signs for Truthseekers.

Some people in the past/present/future have/will use Religion, for their personal/political gain. They do not believe in it[God, Messenger or Day of Judgement- -Hell].

إِذَا جَاءَكَ الْمُنَافِقُونَ قَالُوا نَشْهَدُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُهُ وَاللَّهُ يَشْهَدُ إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ لَكَاذِبُونَ 1}

[Qur’an 63:1] When the hypocrites come unto thee (O Muhammad), they say: We bear witness that thou art indeed Allah's messenger. And Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the hypocrites indeed are speaking falsely.

As a layman, I don’t think. People who, believe, They do not get up in the morning and say, I have got to sin, so I can qualify for Hell.  May lack clarity in understanding whose path we need to follow. If we follow the wrong path, Sin “wrong” could be masked as something good, thinking we are doing God’s work, but in reality it's the opposite.

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ {7}

[Quran 1:7] The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.